cmw5e

buy 6x8 speaker to 6.5 adapters or make?

since i finally have my head unit , sub , and amp i guess its time to upgrade the door speakers. im going to leave the 6x8's in the rear fill simply because i dont feel like messin with it or see the need to. im wanting to get adapters to fit either 5.25 or 6.5 inch speakers for my front door for a ford pickup. i was wondering wheres the best place to find some to buy or should i try to make some. im decent with making things but have no experience with anything like this.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

was wanting to get these since ive seen so many good reviews

Definitely a HUGE no on the 6x8.

Making some will make sure they fit. I'd make the rings before buying the speakers....well, err, I'd make discs before buying speakers. IMO, I'd look at a different set too. More hype than goodness in those although they don't suck donkey d.

i know i wasnt saying i was going to get more 6x8's im definitely upgrading to hopefully 6.5 components. although i cant complain too much on the coaxials ive had ( dont hate haha) but like i said i finally have another sub stage in and trying to focus on getting more sq now. ive deadened the area behind my sub box in the cab and figure around christmas ill have time to deaden the doors and make adapters. like you said the reason id like to make some is to test and make sure they do fit like i need before getting the speakers or buying some and just being disappointed. around the same price range what other set would you recommend?

I assume the vehicle is the one in your avatar? If you make adapter too thick you speaker will rub the door panel as it rests pretty close to the factory speaker already.

yes the vehicle these will be going to is the one in the avatar. the only thing ive done is put the 5x7/6x8 coaxials in when i got the truck around 5 years ago. i switched out so many sub setups but as i progress in learning more about audio its finally time to get some real door speakers in to enhance the sound.

i see the sundown sa 6.5 component set in on sale for the black friday deal. might have to try those out

i can mill the adapters, check my section, gearbox cnc

The best adapters I've found are http://car-speaker-adapters.com/

They can be sanded down if needed, you get money back if you send in you're install pic, and great CS.

The best adapters I've found are http://car-speaker-adapters.com/

They can be sanded down if needed, you get money back if you send in you're install pic, and great CS.

they look good and would save me the hassle of doing it myself , thanks

I would definitely build them before buying. My last employer let me install a system in the company truck which was a '98 F150. I used my router to lightly recess the adapters so the speaker wouldn't rub the panel. I did this on two adapters per door, sandwiching the sheetmetal between them. This gave me a 1 inch thick, super stiff baffle to mount the mids to. Hell, I think I may still have them somewhere.

I wish I had a good recommendation on a set of components for you. My limited sampling of the many offerings, especially in your price range, just leaves me with little to offer. I like my Bravox CS-60K's and my Atlas components. The Phoenix Gold RSD's weren't too shabby. I own a set of the Image Dynamics CTX's, but haven't listened to them yet, same as the Bravox CS603CF's. I've heard a few sets of JBL's of various models that were all different, but good.

i mean you can see from my other equipment in my sig im not going for anything crazy. just a pretty simple setup with decent sound. im thinking about maybe getting a little better sounding sub later on. i do say the newer type r's have better sound quality than the previous models but may move to something that sounds better later. may even go sealed because honestly thats mostly what ive always done in my truck i liked it