pimpedout97x

REALLY loud daily?

whats some sub choices? i want LOUD daily bump...only want 2 subs, nothing less than 15's. dont really want 18s. are mt's a dumb idea? like ive heard alot of systems that hit around 150-152 on the TL, i really want mine that loud, but daily, not just on burps...

im getting a job this week at home depot, and my dads gonna help me out a little....what did u have to suggest and then we can go from there...? =)

like i mean dont suggest 89395893 dollars worth of stuff but i dont want cheap stuff u know...i just want something that can like play music at like 150dB's daily...not like for long periods of time, but like just when im drivin around u know?

tons of options

i would also like to point out, about 6% of your post was "like" :-D

i know lol...

is it true that once u have around like 2500 w rms and u add say another 2500w rms, can you tell the difference by ear? if thats true, would it be pointless to do over about 2500w rms if im not competing?

havoc, XXX, SS RL-ps maybe, mags, just about any company will have a 150+db sub if you make it go that far. amps are easy too,

Also, this might seem far fetched, but have you ever sat in a 150db system? Is this going to be your loudest system?

ive sat in casey's(kickin audio) jeep and doesnt he hit around 150.2 or something? when i sat in it he has 2 2500d's and 2 12's...

Doubling power, if you aren't running into power compression, will just be noitceable by ear...however, unless you have significantly more cone area, you're likely to be pushing the drivers to the point of diminishing returns. Power isn't the best way to get louder :)

Just hope you realize that making a true 3kW daily driver is much more of an undertaking than simply getting a big box and stuffing it with subs...you're looking at upgrading your charging system to handle the higher current demands, possibly going with a dual battery system.

And even for short periods of time, music played that loud will cause hearing damage :)

i plan on upgrading the electrical system...

what are 2 good 15" subs that can get really loud(i know the box is what makes it loud also) off of about 2500w rms (orion 2500d or kicker kx2500.1)

i was just talking to someone about those, and 950 shipped for 2 is too much IMO...for the subs im looking to spend around 600-700

Perfect for what you're looking to do.

Tune your enclosure in the upper 30's/lower 40's...

so basically what your saying is 2 15" MT's vs 2 15" SX's will be a waste of money becuase im not competing? 2500w for the sx's, 5000w for the mt's

Running a 5kW daily driver would be, IMO, a waste of money if you don't even think about entering shows.

I could see 2.5kW and a pair of SX's, easily. That's far more practical :)

If you want 150db on music daily you're just looking to draw attention to yourself, your ears don't and won't hear well up there, its like putting your head next to a lawn mower and turning on your cheap head phones (yeah overall it'll be really loud but it won't sound very good now matter how drunk you are).

But if you insist on having the big balls system don't think it'll be cheap, do it right with a pair of RLS's or Tumults offa 5kw then you'll be good to go. get a couple of batteries and an upgraded alt and caps. If you don't expect to easily spend 3k then you're probably not going to get close for good quality gear.

I've seen six 15"tempests in a durango, that thing hit 150's

The only reason for anything that loud is competition, if you're not competing and you want other people to hear you we could design a bass horn to be mounted ontop of your car that way other people wouldn't loose any of the sound.

vj hurry up and make up your mind. you know that once you get subs you'll want to compete.

what vehicle is this going in? that is going to make a ton of difference, especially since you are wanting 15's only. i'm assuming some sort of suv, correct?

anyway, for getting loud daily L7's are flat hard to beat. the extra cone area is just hard to overcome. also, like in casey's jeep, s12x's would be an awesome choice. yeah, a lil smaller then a 15, but not really by much.

the sx would be a good choice, as would the memphis mojo.

like mentioned above, electrical system is going to have to be modded as well.

and don't skimp on the subs. $150 subs aren't going to live long at 150db daily, unless you buy something great used.

also, think about box. a pair of 15's will be at least 5-6ft^3 NET after port and sub. and some subs will want that each. so make sure you can physically run a box that big. and once you get that big, you have to account for bracing. cuz it will be needed.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea i have an explorer...

ok i pretty much am either gonna get 2 15" sx's

or 2 15" kicker L7's(the new 06 ones)

either setup will be powered by either an orion 2500d or a kicker kx2500.1

taking into consideration that the box is built right and everything, which setup would get louder?

Both will be adequate to make you deaf quickly.

A pair of Alpine Type R 12's and a TCAB box with 2500w rms would give you 150 daily....or really really close to 150.

Edited by skeptikal

yea i have an explorer...

ok i pretty much am either gonna get 2 15" sx's

or 2 15" kicker L7's(the new 06 ones)

either setup will be powered by either an orion 2500d or a kicker kx2500.1

taking into consideration that the box is built right and everything, which setup would get louder?

u do realize in an explorer you really don't need 15's to get to 150 right? explorers have the gift of loud.

anyway, i really don't know the sx's, but from what i've read they will hang with just about anything.

teh L7's will indeed get very loud, but unless kicker has upped the power handling, i dunno how long they'll last with 1250wrms each.

while i've got experience with the kickers, from what i've read about the re's, i'd just about suggest those. personally, i'd grab a 18" kicker solo x from casey (if he still has them), throw it in about 10ft^3, tuned to about 34hz (yeah, it'll still get WAYYY low) and throw ur 2500wrms on it...

or a pair of 12 solo x's.

casey, how'd u do at SBN?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: