waxmyjmy

Sa 8 ported am I on right track

Ported SA does this make sense?

Hey guys iv been searching back and forth between forums to calculate my box as close as possible. Before I spend more time and most importantly money on my design I'd like to know if I'm on the right track. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Box width - 24

Box height -11

Depth 1- 8

Depth 2- 8.5

Total Net - .835

Port measurements

Height - 3

Width- 3.5

Length - 29.64

Now when i put that port in the calculator it says my total net will be .653 the sa 8 calls for .5-.75 ported so I guess I'm right in the middle the other forum I used says that port will have the boxs original net volume of .641 ft3 tuned to 36 hertz

Does this seem to be correct?

Do I tune my box to the total net before the port or after the port because my numbers change accordingly and it really doesn't say either way.

Considering my box is only 22 inches wide is it ok for my port to extrude from the box so roughly 16 inches sticking out. And 13 actualy inside the box. Is there a change in my calculations if i do it this way.

The sites iv been using are car stereo port calculator/ tuner

Home theater shack witch has a calculator for box the box and port. But I'm not sure what to do if the port isnt completely in the box. Thanks for any help

Google torres box calculator and use it.

Use between .5 - 75 as your net volume to determine your port area, port length and tuning.

The is no problem if your port sticks out.

I didn't run your dimensions through a calculator so I don't know how accurate your calculations are.

It makes no difference how much the port is inside or outside of the enclosure, except for the difference in enclosure volume, obviously...

Man I only have an iPad right now and I'm not really computer savvy so I'm not sure what to do about the download. I wish I could bridge the gap and get the answers to a few of the questions about the calculations thanks for all the help thus far do I calculate the box volume for the port length using the number before the port is included or the number of net volume after the port. Maybe I'm asking this right

Running a single 8 ported RARELY makes sense. You should up the cone area instead.

I'm under the impression it'll withstand 1000watts it's mainly a project iv been wanting to do.

I'm under the impression it'll withstand 1000watts it's mainly a project iv been wanting to do.

Funny impression. Not accurate at all. Not sure why you'd want to do it either. If you have space, which you need to port an 8, there are better solutions. If there is some other limit that forces the 8 then so be it...but with the impression being your reason I'd personally recommend you do something completely different.

What does handling 1000 watts have to do with anything?

I just designed a box for an sa 8 for fun and it is about the same size as the box I designed for a Dcon 10, so I would just go with a 10. and I would use more port area, the box I designed, I used something like 17 square inches of port but also using less than half the power you are using.

It has nothing to do with anything other than it being a bad ass 8 other then that and wanting to make it loud so people any believe it's a 8 is basically the only reason