Sign in to follow this  
Dangercdv

What setup to use?

I have decided the Sundown Audio SA series is what im going for. I need the best setup for what im doing but im not an expert, thats why I came here.

The car: (not yet purchased) A new (or recently new) Dodge Charger

My ideas: 2 SA-15s, 2 SA-12s, or 3 SA-10s (The 3 SA-10s are the last option on my list but il keep them in mind)

The power: All off of a 1200 or 1500 RMS amp (I will have no other modifacations so I need to keep the power down)

I bump daily, im careful about feeding to much power and i take care of my subs. I want SQ but im mainly going for SPL when i need it. What setup is best for me? Any questions about this just ask. I am unsure if I will port or go sealed, but my main idea is 2 SA-12s, in 2 seperate boxes about 1.5 cubic feet, tuned around 32hz.

Edited by Dangercdv

im not familiar with charger trunks but id probably say to ensure proper box size 2 12's ported would be your best option

Thats what I was thinking also, I will be using 2 seperate ported boxes on 1 amp down to 1 omh. Will a 1500RMS kill my battery?

Edited by Dangercdv

You need to buy the car and measure the trunk first of all.

Thats what I was thinking also, I will be using 2 seperate ported boxes on 1 amp down to 1 omh. Will a 1500RMS kill my battery?

Are you planning on doing a box on either side? Just wondering why you are wanting to do two separate boxes? 1.5 cu feet net is as small as you would want to go. 1500rms is a lot for a stock battery might be OK though depending on the size of the alternator. Make sure you do the big 3 at least and you might have to upgrade battery if voltage drop is too bad.

I have used a single box and now I use two seperate boxes and its eaiser to use, fix, move, and tune and all that. Id rather make or buy the 2 seperate boxes (1.5 cubes each)

and il stick with 1200 rms if it might be a problem and i could always upgrade everything later if I get tired of my setup.

My current set up is 2, 10CVR10s running on 5-600 rms total. There in seperate sealed boxes about 1 cube each. There nice but I need allot more bump so thats why im upgrading when getting the new car.

(I know the car can hold 2 15s but I still want some trunk space so I think 2 12s would be a better option)

I have used a single box and now I use two seperate boxes and its eaiser to use, fix, move, and tune and all that. Id rather make or buy the 2 seperate boxes (1.5 cubes each)

and il stick with 1200 rms if it might be a problem and i could always upgrade everything later if I get tired of my setup.

My current set up is 2, 10CVR10s running on 5-600 rms total. There in seperate sealed boxes about 1 cube each. There nice but I need allot more bump so thats why im upgrading when getting the new car.

(I know the car can hold 2 15s but I still want some trunk space so I think 2 12s would be a better option)

like mentioned above definitely get the car first and measure everything out but its honestly easier to just go with 1 box

Go with 2 12s. You could probably fit 2 15s but I doubt the box will be optimal. Better to have 2 12s in the best box than 2 15s in a too small of a box. Build your own box and have someone on here design it for you. I'm sure someone would. This will get you the most out of your system. Also you won't be able to hear a difference between 1200 and 1500.

I was in the same situation. I didn't know if I wanted 2 12 or 2 15 zcons. I went with 2 12 becus the box would be more optimal with that setup.

My wife has a charger, 2 12"s will fit just fine, I don't think you'll have the height clearance for 15"s. Stock alts are 160 amps, but you need to do the big 3 right away- factory wires are surprisingly thin. Great cars!

Yea I was going to say a lot of these newer cars are having bigger and bigger stock alts it seems like. My 2012 fusion has a 150amp alt.

Okay so 1200rms amp and 2 12s, and the big 3, got it.

Now to get a custom box, cant I just buy epensive 32-33hz prefab boxes online? I feel like that would be about the same.

I still feel more comfortable with 2 seperate boxes

Its gonna be hard to find ported enclosures in your trunk because most will be real wide on the dimensions, i dont see many enclosures with more depth than width. So if your trunk is 70" wide then i dont see how your gonna fit 2 decent enclosures in a trunk, which its not. You trunk is not that tall to stack the boxes on top of one another either. Dont cheap out on an enclosure, it will be the highest factor in your system sounding good or bad. Just my .02