krb1991

any tips for finding a good ground without a dmm?

Define short run lol got to go from bat into cab lol

Why?

Need to add the MECP basic installers guide as another book to read before attempting to install a potential death trap.

We are telling you not to but if you feel the need to have music that bad and dont care about your truck or your own safety then go ahead.

I seriously do not believe you cannot find a good ground in this vehicle.

That means that you have virtually no stock electronics in the cab area? Yea right...

Sanding paint off the inside takes all but 15seconds to do and Wala!

For a SMALL amp, the BEST framed ground isn't no where near as crucial.

Hell, you could almost ground it to the frame with about 30 paper clips..

Point being, if you've really tried several ground points inside and none work, i doubt it's the ground locations.

Take the amp out, pop your hood, set amp somewhere safe.

Run amp power to batt, ground to batt.

Make sure power is FUSED.

Take remote wire and jump it over to the power cable side and hold it there.

Does your amp stay on or go off?

If it stays on this time.. then i'd try disconnecting all speaker wire and RCAs from your amp FIRST where u got the amp right now in the truck and see if it comes and stays on.

I

He's sanded a good spot for his ground. Also to clarify, I said he could use a piece of wire from the jumper cables as a TEMPORARY ground wire until he got things straight. It's a 240 watt 2 channel with a 25 amp fuse, just about any clean piece of metal should work for him.

As for the issue, I think it's gotten to the point that he really needs to go buy a cheap little DMM. Something other than the ground is going on.

Take remote wirr and put it on the pos on battety shizzon? When u said jump it to power side?

Take remote wirr and put it on the pos on battety shizzon? When u said jump it to power side?

Yes you just need a 12v signal to tell the amp to turn on.

I would drive to the closest audio shop before you have nothing to drive at all.

What exactly would a dmm tell me. If it seems like im having a ground issue

How did you determine its a ground problem. Also you can buy a test light and go from the positive of the amp to the spot you sanded and see if it lights up. A dmm would be the better choice.

How did you determine its a ground problem. Also you can buy a test light and go from the positive of the amp to the spot you sanded and see if it lights up. A dmm would be the better choice.

Never ever ever ever use a test light or analog meter. In the wrong hands you'll be buying a new ecu or bcm.

Seriously. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing...

If you can't isloate down to a ground issue in 5 minutes, you have bigger problems. Additionally, what you describe certainly sounds like you have a bunch of problems and can't figure out how to isolate them...

Ive fixed the problem guys had to ground to flamr i didnt need to take it to someone ive figured it out..