spanky1975

box design... 3x SSA DCON 12's

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this yet. Work has been exhaustingly busy the last few days. I'm working on it for you right now and I'll have you a cutsheet up here real soon.

I just wanted to say thanks for formatting your post to be very useful, the sketchup skills look great!

Well, soon didn't work into the equation, but it's done. The original design includes extra space for some bracing such as 1.25" dowel rods and with panels this wide you should definitely put some in. If you want to do something different like a hidden double baffle, window style bracing, or anything of the like just let me know. You've got enough space to do just about anything you want to.

Here's the cutsheet:

spanky1975cutsheet_zps0938ddd3.jpg

thanks very much Alton. I have been sick so I am hoping to start the box this weekend. I will post some pics when I get done. Thanks again. Very much !!

well, the box turned out great. And it really does sound good. will try and post some pics :)

Awesome! Videos are cool too!

Awesome! Videos are cool too!

Yessir..... Will post some vids in the next couple weeks. I am getting some good body and door flex. :)

That looks very nice man.

That looks very nice man.

Thanks. I think it came out pretty good. Still need to figure out what I am going to cover it in. Carpet or grey leather to match my interior ?.... :)

Damn, that looks sexy AF!!! I already know that 2 12" dcons get loud as balls, I couldn't imagine your setup!

Just a little tip, you should try to play with the box positioning a little bit, it will make a difference.

That is a whole lot of port!!!

Haven't had time to play with the position yet. The holidays have been hectic. And, yeah it is pretty loud :). I have a friend with one FI btl N2 18 and it seems to be just as loud :)...... Hopefully with a little more tweaking I can get it juuuuust right !!! :)

Haven't had time to play with the position yet. The holidays have been hectic. And, yeah it is pretty loud smile.png. I have a friend with one FI btl N2 18 and it seems to be just as loud smile.png...... Hopefully with a little more tweaking I can get it juuuuust right !!! smile.png

Yeah for sure man,

Haven't had time to play with the position yet. The holidays have been hectic. And, yeah it is pretty loud smile.png. I have a friend with one FI btl N2 18 and it seems to be just as loud smile.png...... Hopefully with a little more tweaking I can get it juuuuust right !!! smile.png

Sweet!

The enclosure seems to have turned out very well. Is it and the subs performing as you had hoped?

One possible solution to covering/finishing the enclosure might also be something like bed liner. Gives a nice textured finish and is tough as nails. I've been very happy with how my amp rack has turned out and it's holding up really well.

The enclosure seems to have turned out very well. Is it and the subs performing as you had hoped?

One possible solution to covering/finishing the enclosure might also be something like bed liner. Gives a nice textured finish and is tough as nails. I've been very happy with how my amp rack has turned out and it's holding up really well.

The box turned out great and sounds great too. Thanks very much for your help Alton.

I will look into bed liner. I am going to build an amp rack also. I still have a few cosmetic things to do but it is almost done. I am uploading a new vid to Youtube playing a little. The mic on my Galaxy S3 sux but most vids of bass don't have great sound anyways. Well, thanks again and keep an eye out for the new vid. :)