ExclusiveRA

Alternator

Im looking to do a whole electrical upgrade to prep for a fi sp415 strapped to a 3000 watt amp (Thinking maybe crescendo or hifonics). My question is what size alternator do you think would efficient. Im struggling finding any good info on high output alternators. I plan to big 3 and maybe get a second battery depending on if i need one.

Oh ya the car is a 2002 accord. 2.3l

Edited by ExclusiveRA

What is your budget to begin with? Singer, Mechman, Ohio Gen, DC power all make great alternators... Personally when it comes to alternators go the absolute biggest you can afford. In the long run you will have more power on tap and not have to keep on upgrading. The only thing I can think of when it comes to your car I've heard of some issues where there are not enough engine RPMs to actually drive a large alt, so you may be out of luck. I would look into the ones listed above to see what they can do for you.

What is your budget to begin with? Singer, Mechman, Ohio Gen, DC power all make great alternators... Personally when it comes to alternators go the absolute biggest you can afford. In the long run you will have more power on tap and not have to keep on upgrading. The only thing I can think of when it comes to your car I've heard of some issues where there are not enough engine RPMs to actually drive a large alt, so you may be out of luck. I would look into the ones listed above to see what they can do for you.

You can just ask for a bigger pulley and it will have enough RPM if that actually is a problem.

For 3000W i would suggest a 250amp alternator at least, because it seems normal to me that you'll have a other 2 or 4channel amp for your mids and highs.

Here are a few questions for you to answer

-Do you want to be able to run it for hours or only for a short demo?

-Do you want to upgrade later?

-How much are you willing to spend?

-How many batteries do you have or will you have? (i see 2, but which ones?)

Edited by kirill007

You can just ask for a bigger pulley and it will have enough RPM if that actually is a problem.

For 3000W i would suggest a 250amp alternator at least, because it seems normal to me that you'll have a other 2 or 4channel amp for your mids and highs.

Here are a few questions for you to answer

-Do you want to be able to run it for hours or only for a short demo?

-Do you want to upgrade later?

-How much are you willing to spend?

-How many batteries do you have or will you have? (i see 2, but which ones?)

I want to be able to run it for hours.

Yes I will eventually just keep adding to the system

Money- Im not to sure on a budget yet. Just simply looking to price everything and go from there

Batteries- thinking maybe going xs power

I would definitely recommend mike singer (Singer alternators) his customer service is amazing. Emails back very fast and will answer all your questions. Go to Singeralternators.com and fill out the form and he'll email you back with options. I have one of his 250amp alternators and love it.

I would definitely recommend mike singer (Singer alternators) his customer service is amazing. Emails back very fast and will answer all your questions. Go to Singeralternators.com and fill out the form and he'll email you back with options. I have one of his 250amp alternators and love it.

I actually emailed an inquire earlier. He did indeed respond quickly. He said that the alternator they make for my car is 200a. 409$ shipped

Well if you want to keep running it for hours adn will upgrade in the future i don't see why you would get the biggest alternator a company offers.

Which is 350-400A.(although it would probably be lower for your car.)

It's cheaper to buy the correct alternator from the first time instead of buying 2.

Xs power is a good choice in my opinion.

Edited by kirill007

Check out Tenney Alternators, he built me a 270amp for my 08 Sentra and it was dirt cheap with lifetime warranty

i dont think i am going any bigger lol i am having 4 300a dc power alts and 2 xs power 2400d batterys and 10 xs power 3100d batterys i think i am good

from anthony @ njcustoms