Sign in to follow this  
abianca99

New to audio forums

Hello. Been looking for subs for my truck and came across this forum. I've learned alot that I didnt know from researching. I had my previous subs stolen out of my truck. Looking to do a stealth build and not go mainstream. I have alot of questions but have answered alot myself from researching. I am not new to forums at all, just to audio forums. A lot of good info.

:WELCOME: to the forum!

Yep, this is the place to be for audio information, especially for the correct information.

As to the rest of your questions, ask away...

Welcome!! There are very knowledgeable people on this forum and would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Welcome, you made a great find in this forum. Glad you know how to research, many do not.

Thanks for the welcome. My main concern right now in choosing a sub is my box size and mounting depth. I am limited in options in my truck. It's a Ford Super Duty Crew Cab. It looks like behind the rear bench seat is my best option. Maybe under the rear bench seat. I want to optimize my sound and still keep it stealth. I am looking for a good blend of SQ and SPL. I think building a sealed box may be my only option because of space, but I would like to have the option of being able to build a ported box if I choose. Do any of you have experience with building a proper box for a SD crew cab? Once i get this part figured out exactly I can move on to picking a sub that will work with my truck. So far I have been interested in AA, SSA, FI, and Sundown. I have a little older Xtant amp...A6001. I am open to a 1 or 2 sub build. 10 or 12". I dont know exactly yet.

Welcome sir!

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome. My main concern right now in choosing a sub is my box size and mounting depth. I am limited in options in my truck. It's a Ford Super Duty Crew Cab. It looks like behind the rear bench seat is my best option. Maybe under the rear bench seat. I want to optimize my sound and still keep it stealth. I am looking for a good blend of SQ and SPL. I think building a sealed box may be my only option because of space, but I would like to have the option of being able to build a ported box if I choose. Do any of you have experience with building a proper box for a SD crew cab? Once i get this part figured out exactly I can move on to picking a sub that will work with my truck. So far I have been interested in AA, SSA, FI, and Sundown. I have a little older Xtant amp...A6001. I am open to a 1 or 2 sub build. 10 or 12". I dont know exactly yet.

Thanks for reading the rules and posting in the new members sign in section. If you want more people to read (and respond) to your question above, you should probably start a new thread. One of the first questions you will be asked is what is your budget, and it would be helpful to let us know how much room you have to work with. Good luck!

:WELCOME:

Thanks guys. I am in the research phase of redoing the install of my audio system. I originally had it installed at a shop about ten years ago. It wasn't until about a month ago I actually started investigated the quality of the install and realized it was pretty hacked up. I guess I'm partially at fault since I didn't look sooner...lol. I'm wanting to do some rewiring mainly and redo the install of my components. As well as put some bass back to it. I will be reusing my head unit, amps, components, and maybe some of the wiring. My main goal is to use quality products and make the instal super clean looking. I pretty much want my truck to look as stock as possible while optimizing sound. I will keep searching and start asking more questions soon. You guys have tons of good info on this site.