EPerez

Will lc2i LOC work with my high powered system?

So I was just about to buy the AudioControl lc2i and I saw that it has "2 speaker-level inputs with 400 watts RMS power handling". I have 2 crescendo bc2000s and going to have 1 crescendo c1100.4. I won't be using them all at full output, but somewhere around 3.2k rms all together.

Does that mean it can be hooked up to speakers that are getting up to 400 rms or does it mean that it can only support amps up to 400 rms. I looked at reviews to see if others have used with more power and they were all under 600 rms. I didn't see any other LOCs that support more power.

Will the lc2i work? If it is that I can't use this one, are there any other LOCs I can? Thanks.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I/AudioControl-LC2i.html?tp=2001&kw=&org=pla&nw=g&crv=6541175065

Why are you wanting to hook an LOC up to the output of the amplifiers? Are you using the factory HU in the car? If so the speaker level inputs go into the LOC from the HU, the resulting signal from the low level outputs of the LOC go to the amplifiers. If you're using an aftermarket HU then why do you think you need the LOC? What is the function you're trying to perform?

Keeping the stock hu. Don't you tap into the rear speakers well for me at least. Then run rcas from LC2i to the amps. Not the outputs on amp. Plug into inputs.

That is the voltage output from the factory head unit or amplifier. You will be fine. I would do some more research first though. Many newer cars already have a low level output to on-board amplifiers and many of them are unfiltered.

Keeping the stock hu. Don't you tap into the rear speakers well for me at least. Then run rcas from LC2i to the amps. Not the outputs on amp. Plug into inputs.

Yeah that's exactly right. I guess I'm still having a hard time understanding where the question about the power is coming from. The LOC can handle up to 400 watts of input power which it will never see even with today's higher powered factory setups.

Like Tirefryr said, some of the newer units already have low outs for the factory amp. If yours is one then you may not even need the LOC. If it doesn't you may look into finding a full out processor like an MS8, BitOne, CleanSweep, 360, etc. They generally offer a better overall solution to the problems faced with factory HU signals than even the LC2i can. They are more expensive but can be found used for a decent price from time to time. I found an open box MS8 on eBay once that was otherwise perfect and new that sold for $155. Oh how I wish I'd had the money at the time to have bid on it.

Another problem with my understanding may be that I'm zoning on Ambien, lol. You might just ignore everything I just said. I'll reread it tomorrow and see if it makes any sense. :)

Ill look into seeing if my car has that. Is it on the back of the stock head unit? I was just confused on if I could run higher powered amps from it since it said 400 rms.

The input TO the LOC can not exceed 400watts. That means the speaker level signal INTO the LOC, not the power your amps will produce aft of the LOC.

Ok I was confused on that. I wasn't sure which it was and didn't wanna order it if I couldn't run more than 400 rms. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll also look into the low level output to see if my car has it. Would it be located behind stock hu?

Ok I was confused on that. I wasn't sure which it was and didn't wanna order it if I couldn't run more than 400 rms. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll also look into the low level output to see if my car has it. Would it be located behind stock hu?

No, if the car has an external factory amp then the factory output wires are low level. If not then they are high level. He didn't mean that it actually would have RCA ends.

The loc basicall turns a high level (50 watts) signal to low level (5 watts). So if the car has an external amp all you would have to due is solder rca's to your headunit outputs and go directly to the amp.

Sound processors like the JBL's MS8 and JL's Clean Sweep were not in my budget so I went with the LC2i. I didn't have a factory amp and I was not happy with the low end response from a passive LOC. The LC2i has speaker wire inputs, either high or low power-doesn't matter, and gives you one full range output and one "bass enhanced" low level output. It does NOT do anything near the Matrix bass adding component, but I was very happy with the results. You will not have the ability to fade. It's perfect for one amp to components and one (or two with a RCA Y adapter) sub amp. If you want to run active or want EQ or time alignment options, you should look into the MS8, which retailed for $800.

I don't plan on going active. Just keeping the components passive. I have upgraded sony package, but I don't know if it has an external amplifier. I'm going to be working on my car soon so I will look for it then.

That's one of the selling points of the LC2i, it will take either low or high level outputs. Either way, you're set.