Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I got my first shot of enbrel today despite me walking in wanting to not be on it.

Thankfully my doctor is both smart and compassionate, and doesn't mind taking time to go over what I feel.

Even though I think I feel great today he showed me how some of my joints are still not articulating like they should. Even though it's summer solstice my skin is really broken out in scales, and I still have fluid in my bad knee.

He basically told me my quality of life is probably crap right now, but I just don't notice the pain anymore because I have had it for a long time, and the flare ups are so debilitating that this up swing feels great, but is really just kind of junk.

Finally found a nose hair gadget that actually works. Bazillion times faster than scissors and safer than tweezing. Sweet.

I got my first shot of enbrel today despite me walking in wanting to not be on it.

Thankfully my doctor is both smart and compassionate, and doesn't mind taking time to go over what I feel.

Even though I think I feel great today he showed me how some of my joints are still not articulating like they should. Even though it's summer solstice my skin is really broken out in scales, and I still have fluid in my bad knee.

He basically told me my quality of life is probably crap right now, but I just don't notice the pain anymore because I have had it for a long time, and the flare ups are so debilitating that this up swing feels great, but is really just kind of junk.

Shit sad.png Did he give you any advice or steps to get going in the right direction?

Finally found a nose hair gadget that actually works. Bazillion times faster than scissors and safer than tweezing. Sweet.

Curious what this is...

That blows Matt. I can relate with both. Has been literally 100's of little changes that has helped in the long run. Behaverial treatment I guess you could call it.

Tweezing is not safe? My ex used to say she doesn't pluck her nose hair because it's unsafe but never told me why. Disgusting...

Curious what this is...

Hand-with-a-lighter.jpg

Tweezing is not safe? My ex used to say she doesn't pluck her nose hair because it's unsafe but never told me why. Disgusting...

The human respiratory system, especially the nose, is full of the bacteria that is responsible for staph and c. dif infections. Ripping out the nose hairs leaves an open wound for these bacteria to infiltrate.

One of the easiest/fastest ways to get a staph infection.

Curious what this is...

Hand-with-a-lighter.jpg

Close:

http://www.amazon.com/Norelco-NT9110-TRIMMER-PROTECTSCUTS-WATERPROOF/dp/B000RM8832/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RZGMK962ECA460YVQY0

Turned all my nose hair into nose stubble in about a minute and a half

Curious what this is...
Hand-with-a-lighter.jpg

Close:

http://www.amazon.com/Norelco-NT9110-TRIMMER-PROTECTSCUTS-WATERPROOF/dp/B000RM8832/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RZGMK962ECA460YVQY0

Ah, I own this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ER-GN30-K-Facial-Trimmer-Cleaning/dp/B0049LUI9O/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_z

Yeah I've tried those conical types, didn't do fuck all for me.

Will even trim your ear hair. That's neater than dog shit.

Ordered both of those cheap flashlights. Holy junk in comparison to my old now defunct one sad.png

6'2

Not too tall to join period, just for most of the jobs I was interested in. Basically anything that dealt with boats, planes, or tanks I was not gonna be a part of.

They had height waivers for certain positions. Tanks you need to be small, boats aren't really our thing, and unless you wanted mechanic you would need to be an Officer for flight.

J

I looked at Navy, Marines and Coast Guard.

You're right, I could have signed up to be an officer. But my size would have been a problem on the boats according to the recruiters..... At that time at least.

I didn't exactly want to be a Marine charging into battle.

None of the recruiters really pushed any jobs that sounded interesting and I was making way too much money to join for anything but the highest payscales.

Understandable reasons man.

J

Shit sad.png Did he give you any advice or steps to get going in the right direction?

Take the meds, get exercise and my quality of life will improve drastically. The inflammation is visible bad on my knee and psoriasis patches. If those cool down a bunch then after a few months I can cut back if I want. If it still works at a lower dose for a few months, then cut back more. Maybe come off in a couple years.

:)

I made the right choice. I feel better knowing my skin will clear up at minimum.

Ordered both of those cheap flashlights. Holy junk in comparison to my old now defunct one sad.png

4sevens bro

4sevens bro

I needed a couple cheapies anyways. Figured spending $14 total wasn't a big deal for that. Allows me to upgrade my batteries too smile.png

Left one in the garage and one in the boat. Now I need the one to carry. smile.png

Left one in the garage and one in the boat. Now I need the one to carry. smile.png

Nighthawk-Costa-Recon-01.jpg