Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Does it work for you that way?

I feel stupid sometimes trying to figure out software. Like Foobar. Can't believe people use it. Holy shit show interface.

I am used to my own scripted interface via home automation which can do what I want. Uber easy, super clean...but it will suck in a car as it must really be ON all the time.

I never confirmed that AIMP in disable altered the Playlist. I need the m3u file updated so I can share it across PC's in my house...or really just back to my home automation pc since it stores everything for the whole house.

The reason I didn't confirm it is that I can't get it big enough. It is fucking tiny on a real screen and it'll be even smaller in my car at the resolution I'll have.

*A full screen HUGE font version would be fine.

Disable doesn't remove it. sad.png

Hell even remove doesn't remove it. sad.png

Seriously though, do people just not manage their music collections? I can't non-stop DJ and yes I can use the steering wheel to fast forward, but there is some shit I will NEVER listen to. Sure I could delete it, but I have only complete albums and deleting makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Never say never right?

Almost works in winamp. Just need WAY bigger fonts and it works on the list, not the now playing.

I can do it in winamp...sort of. Interface just sucks for car use.

Would love something like PowerAmp

The font size is in the settings.

Left to each song is a small circle, if clicked it turns off a song and it's not played anymore. There are also all kinds of shortcuts for file removal, from just the playlist to all the way straght to the Trash.

I assume you are using Aimp3.

You should just get an Ipad.

after 2 years installed in my brothers car both fr88ex died within a few months of each other. motor shifted in both. bad batch? too much heat on the dash?

after 2 years installed in my brothers car both fr88ex died within a few months of each other. motor shifted in both. bad batch? too much heat on the dash?

I keep expecting my hds tweets on the dash to die, but it's been over a year of 100F+ cooking and they keep going. :D

Left to each song is a small circle, if clicked it turns off a song and it's not played anymore. There are also all kinds of shortcuts for file removal, from just the playlist to all the way straght to the Trash.

Yes. I tried Disable and Remove and neither effected the playlist. Has to be dynamic, ie I can't be forced to save everytime I shut the car off. If it is persistent, ie will live through a shutdown then it'd be ok.

You should just get an Ipad.

Doesn't work on Itunes either.

If you want to cry, load 3000 albums into Itunes. It'll make you HATE Apple.

PC is on the way. Order an i5 4250u NUC with a 500mb 840 EVO and 8gb of RAM. Ought to be adequate for the car tongue.png

Slower than my laptop, but it is only 4"x4"x2" so it can fit in the dash along with a pair of miniDSPs, an HD Radio receiver, a power supply and a GPS card.

HD Radio arrived today

Probably going to run Driveline which means I need to learn XML because it isn't what I'd call pretty. Functional yes.

Probably going to run Driveline which means I need to learn XML because it isn't what I'd call pretty. Functional yes.

You can design in Adobe muse and let it do the coding.

Yes. I tried Disable and Remove and neither effected the playlist. Has to be dynamic, ie I can't be forced to save everytime I shut the car off. If it is persistent, ie will live through a shutdown then it'd be ok.

Works for me, it does indeed not save on the playlist, but if I close and open the program it remembers that I've removed a file.

So the only drawback is if you want to use the playlist on another device, but that's just another quick shortcut to save the "new" playlist. It's better than nothing.