Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

General rule for landwalking proteins and many sea dwelling.

Cook to the lowest possible edible temperature. Get the outside brown & crusty. Enjoy.

The other aspect is of course the more natural marbling the better it will taste.

And here is now the problem with pork loin. Via conventional cooking methods it needs to hit 135f or so. That is REALLY hot for meat. Not as bad as the nasty bird, but still. Hot = Dry.

Then your vegetables are really the basis for a sauce and not so much to eat. Begs me to say brown and braise, but really a piece with more fat will work better. WAY better. Won't be as easy to eat or will exceed your 3 hours even with easy prep.

Could also brown and then roast whole with the vegetables and make a gravy.

I eat a fair number of carrots, but outside of a few oriental dishes celery to me is reserved as a flavoring. Some in my fridge ALWAYS, but not eat as a vegetable but as an ingredient.

When I butcher pigs I turn the pork loin into filler for my sausage. I also add the bacon though. Most of the animal gets ground. Good sausage here is god awful expensive and making your own is so much better anyways. One of the few classic MN meals I love to chow down on too. Some homemade pork sausage is the bomb. Like the fact I get to pet the animal before I eat it too.

Trying to figure out if I can rally the BIL's to butcher pigs this year about the time I pop a deer. I really HATE to freeze/thaw/freeze. Once frozen is it to me.

I also need an industrial size smoker.

Either ways it's overcooked shrug.gif

Right..I like mine on the pink side myself.. But that is a personal preference also you must understand..Some prefer raw,some med well, well done,ect ect.

Oh I like it raw.

Right..I like mine on the pink side myself.. But that is a personal preference also you must understand..Some prefer raw,some med well, well done,ect ect.

Some people are dumb and some are smart.

Great, I just spit water everywhere after reading that. Typing on a wet keyboard.

I am going to spend a hour everyday for the next month to brain storm ideas for a patented invention..I want something that will be a necessity of life.I am sure I will come up with something over the next year or so.I will be sharing my ideas from time to time to some extent without preaching the protection of my project.Maybe one day you guys will have one of my products yourself. smile.png

Thanks,

Michael

You don't even need to patent, make some real big anal beads and I'll buy ten.

Obviously, the question is open to everyone else but Sean is the hops grand master chef.

In that case, wrap that shit up in tin foil and microwave for 20 minutes. Can't go wrong, 10/10.

I've killed 2 paper wasps, and 3 hornets in the house today. WTF?

Obviously I need some insecticide in my eves but have no idea what I should use. Spider infestation as well....

I live in the woods, dense woods, so I realize part of it is status quo but stay the fuck out of my house.

Hydrogen iodide and a dash of HCl solution should get rid of the unwanted guest genius. rolleyes.gif

Spraying your house with acid doesn't make much sense, neither does using two different acids.

I am going to spend a hour everyday for the next month to brain storm ideas for a patented invention..I want something that will be a necessity of life.I am sure I will come up with something over the next year or so.I will be sharing my ideas from time to time to some extent without preaching the protection of my project.Maybe one day you guys will have one of my products yourself. :)

Thanks,

Michael

You don't even need to patent, make some real big anal beads and I'll buy ten.

Well that don't suprise me one bit..

Side note: We're on page 3666..... hmmmm 

Side note: We're on page 3666..... hmmmm

I just seen that..lol

Great, I just spit water everywhere after reading that. Typing on a wet keyboard.

Obviously I need some insecticide in my eves but have no idea what I should use. Spider infestation as well....

I live in the woods, dense woods, so I realize part of it is status quo but stay the fuck out of my house.

Hydrogen iodide and a dash of HCl solution should get rid of the unwanted guest genius. rolleyes.gif

Spraying your house with acid doesn't make much sense, neither does using two different acids.

About as productive as spraying water all over your keyboard.

The best part is the genius comment....and amusingly a base works really well on nests as well.  Oh, well double acid away. :Doh:

Either ways it's overcooked :shrug:

Hydrogen iodide and a dash of HCl solution should get rid of the unwanted guest genius. :rolleyes:

The best part is the genius comment....and amusingly a base works really well on nests as well.  Oh, well double acid away. :Doh:

If you pay for the flight I could always eat some pickeled eggs and drink beer and gas them out for free of charge for ya..

The best part is the genius comment....and amusingly a base works really well on nests as well.  Oh, well double acid away. Doh.gif

If you pay for the flight I could always eat some pickeled eggs and drink beer and gas them out for free of charge for ya..

Genius

OhYeah.gif

I am thinking of a boston butt today.

Then you needed to start cooking it yesterday

Then you needed to start cooking it yesterday
Should that have been "Then you needed to HAVE STARTED cooking it yesterday" ?

I am suppose to cook it?

Obviously, the question is open to everyone else but Sean is the hops grand master chef.

In that case, wrap that shit up in tin foil and microwave for 20 minutes. Can't go wrong, 10/10.

Pork taste good. a little under cooked because my microwave didn't make it the whole 20 minutes. Guess that means I just need some a little more heavy duty one.

Pork taste good. a little under cooked because my microwave didn't make it the whole 20 minutes. Guess that means I just need some a little more heavy duty one.

Next time try breaking off one prong on the pig tail that goes in the wall outlet so it only sees half power.

Oh I like it raw.

Uhhh...