Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Nice pictures Seth.  

And then the constructive portion, personally with only a 5.6 bottom I would have shot at f11 and kept it all in focus.  The 5.6 doesn't show bokeh to me but that the depth of field wasn't quite big enough.

As for what it would look like at 1.4, here you go.  Bokeh!

852dec52_8336a267_DSC_4938.JPG

Your picture was composed better btw, but I had to find something on the internet ;)

Why oh why is there not a 4 door Mustang aka Falcon in the US.  Just take the Mustang and stretch it please though, don't use the AU version.  With slight body mods the Mustang would be a super sexy 4 door.

13 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Nice pictures Seth.  

And then the constructive portion, personally with only a 5.6 bottom I would have shot at f11 and kept it all in focus.  The 5.6 doesn't show bokeh to me but that the depth of field wasn't quite big enough.

As for what it would look like at 1.4, here you go.  Bokeh!

852dec52_8336a267_DSC_4938.JPG

I'll try decreasing the aperture.

Construction start date is June 7th !!!!!

No wonder people quit building shit themselves and just pay people to do the bullshit work.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Why oh why is there not a 4 door Mustang aka Falcon in the US.  Just take the Mustang and stretch it please though, don't use the AU version.  With slight body mods the Mustang would be a super sexy 4 door.

Ford would totally fuck it up and overprice it.

Look what they've done to Mercury and Lincoln.

OK, so you guys with the Canon glass hard-ons...

What mount offers the best glass? I have found adapters that will convert various Canon mounts to the Nikon F mount camera bodies.

Played with the camera a lot this morning. Messing with settings in full manual mode. So much going on. This will take time to figure it all out.

At what point should I alter ISO settings from 100, if ever?

I am keeping it at 100, but see that auto mode likes to pump it up in a room with low light. I tried taking shots all manual from across the room. The auto setting dropped the shutter speed to 1/60 sec and an ISO of 3200. I shot my amp from a bout 1 foot further away and I was at 2 seconds with my ISO of 100. I would dare say the clarity of the low ISO is superior, but brightness suffers. I have to say that the truth of the image comes out with longer shutter speeds and low ISO, as the color in the 2 sec shutter is accurate from where the pic is taken. But the high ISO image colors ring true if I were to have more light in the room, which is as the image suggests. Shooting low light with low ISO will absolutely require a tripod. The amp image was shot while the camera was sitting on my laptop, so there is a little motion blur with it when I depressed the trigger.

Manual, 2 second 100 ISO

smDSC_0067_zpsnuq3vfu2.jpg

Manual 1/2 second, 100 ISO, same shot

smDSC_0062_zpsqovfqyam.jpg

Auto setting, 1/60, 3200ISO

smDSC_0046_zps3jpgtck2.jpg

The color in the room lighted as it was when I took the first pic is better represented in the initial amp pic. In the speaker pic, it looks as if I had used the flash, and the colors represent that well.

21 minutes ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Not where I live, the barrel has to be full of cement and capped. 

Nikon-800mm-f5.6E-FL-ED-VR-lens-unboxing

Now that is a hard-on lens!

1 minute ago, nem said:

Nikon-800mm-f5.6E-FL-ED-VR-lens-unboxing

I'll take one!

The wife wants a Glock 42, she will shoot it tomorrow and if she likes it, I will buy it.

3 hours ago, sandt38 said:

What mount offers the best glass? I have found adapters that will convert various Canon mounts to the Nikon F mount camera bodies.

Played with the camera a lot this morning. Messing with settings in full manual mode. So much going on. This will take time to figure it all out.

I am keeping it at 100, but see that auto mode likes to pump it up in a room with low light. I tried taking shots all manual from across the room. The auto setting dropped the shutter speed to 1/60 sec and an ISO of 3200. I shot my amp from a bout 1 foot further away and I was at 2 seconds with my ISO of 100. I would dare say the clarity of the low ISO is superior, but brightness suffers. I have to say that the truth of the image comes out with longer shutter speeds and low ISO, as the color in the 2 sec shutter is accurate from where the pic is taken. But the high ISO image colors ring true if I were to have more light in the room, which is as the image suggests. Shooting low light with low ISO will absolutely require a tripod. The amp image was shot while the camera was sitting on my laptop, so there is a little motion blur with it when I depressed the trigger.

Manual, 2 second 100 ISO

The color in the room lighted as it was when I took the first pic is better represented in the initial amp pic. In the speaker pic, it looks as if I had used the flash, and the colors represent that well.

Anything that is not moving should be shot at ISO 100.  Always.  Still life should never compromise.  

If I want to capture something in a dark room that won't happen again, like a couples kiss after they say I do in a church so dark it was built before Rome burned or built around the time the Spanish were in PR..... Well I don't give a fuck if I shoot at 6400ISO.

I couldn't use flash in those instances either BTW.  In PR I could have maybe used a strobe if I had a pack mule to carry my gear for me.

:-D

So Seth, until you shoot moving people aim for ISO 100.  There is no reason to shoot at anything else other than being lazy or trying to test the way the body handles ISO.

As for putting Canon glass on a Nikon body, have you found a joint that allows you to use the auto focus? Of not it's not worth your time or money, just buy Nikon and If that doesn't trip your trigger get some real dope glass. 

Isabella making us all look weak

Seriously, Japan, never change:

Holly shit 425lbs was my max squat in high school that's a bad bitch right there. Now I have trouble squatting to take a dump lol I'm old as shit.

Edited by Billy Jack

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Ford would totally fuck it up and overprice it.

Look what they've done to Mercury and Lincoln.

Then do nothing but stretch it and add back doors.  5" would be enough.

8 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Manual, 2 second 100 ISO

Stop using the nikon white balance.

Use 100 unless you cant fo. Shutter speed.

Dont run a canon lens on a nikon, sell the nikon and run it on a canon.

Use the 2 second delay on a tripod and shut off the vibration compensation

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Stop using the nikon white balance.

Use 100 unless you cant fo. Shutter speed.

Dont run a canon lens on a nikon, sell the nikon and run it on a canon.

I don't use White Balance

I don't want a Canon.