Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Finally got my building permit. I go tomorrow to get that sucker!

I just made a really bad decision

But i did get to meet jim marshall

Drove the new cts-v

Building permit!?!? We don't need no stinkin' permit!

Up here in this yankee driven code area it is a must. Just another way to make money.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:57 PM, nem said:

This garage is going to be a man cave and SSA work shop. Big TV and rocking stereo, hell I may never go in the house again. 

Don't say that too loud!

Tried to drive an SS Sedan with a manual, but the jack hat wouldn't let me since it wasn't inspected off the boat yet.  Then went to Cadillac to sit in an ATS-V and CTS-V and the jerk asked me to drive it....oh, no.

Took me on a great road for it too and asked me to keep my foot in it.  The car absolutely rips when you want it too and is amazingly mellow when you want that instead.  Hearing it start gave me serious WOOD!

1 hour ago, nem said:

Up here in this yankee driven code area it is a must. Just another way to make money.

Is that for all work or just structural, plumbing, and electrical?

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Because grabbing an 85 1.8 for $200 to accessorize a 50mm 1.4 for $250 would be awesome and outside of wide replace your lenses nearly completely

Gotcha. I assume the 85/1.8 is decent because it is for further out, I assume? On that assumption the wider aperture is better for the closer shots of the 50mm. Am I getting that right?

A good friend of mine just lost his son. OD. This breaks what little heart I actually have.

On 5/16/2016 at 9:30 PM, Tirefryr said:

As for the guns, I have small hands and a small frame.  The smaller gun only makes sense for me.  Why on earth would I want a larger caliber I cannot control?  Simple physics.  

My PX4 grouping is scary after the 3rd shot in quick fire.  I want the rounds nice and tight and all of them on target.  Ballistics data also show the .380 to be just as capable as the larger calibers at close range, making it ideal for smaller people.

Or use a slower moving large calibre and then use a silencer?

Recoil is in relationship to energy you can make small rounds go fast and large rounds go slower and have the same recoil.  Bbl wear, maintenance, and perceived recoil is always better with a slower moving round.  Humans deal with a shove better than a snap.

I digress the what round is better argument and will take a more literal stance.  When it comes to what you want to shoot it's all personal.  Physics don't change though.  The largest usable diameter round is always the best option unless you care much more about total capacity per magazine. You can send the same energy with less speed when you have a larger round, so it makes sense to just be a size queen.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Because grabbing an 85 1.8 for $200 to accessorize a 50mm 1.4 for $250 would be awesome and outside of wide replace your lenses nearly completely

This

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Tried to drive an SS Sedan with a manual, but the jack hat wouldn't let me since it wasn't inspected off the boat yet.  Then went to Cadillac to sit in an ATS-V and CTS-V and the jerk asked me to drive it....oh, no.

Took me on a great road for it too and asked me to keep my foot in it.  The car absolutely rips when you want it too and is amazingly mellow when you want that instead.  Hearing it start gave me serious WOOD!

Since I'm looking to trade in I should definitely not go test drive one then.

1 hour ago, sandt38 said:

A good friend of mine just lost his son. OD. This breaks what little heart I actually have.

Sorry for the loss.

That has been going around....

You got a big soft squishy heart.  Maybe just a little bit of a black soul though.

:-)

On 5/15/2016 at 5:35 PM, sandt38 said:

Yeah, not a fan of Glock triggers, myself.

What safety? Did Glock start putting safeties on their pistols? I won't carry a striker with a safety, personally.

IMHO the best carry pistol is the FNX.  Double single.  No goofball safety. Hammer.

Super dope.

11 minutes ago, dem beats said:

IMHO the best carry pistol is the FNX.  Double single.  No goofball safety. Hammer.

Super dope.

I like strikers for EDC. Mine is always ready. During cooler months I am not opposed to a mid sized 1911, cocked and locked in a shoulder holster.

Apparently stomping around Target stores yelling out Bible verses and gay/transgender slurs is a thing now.

3 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Gotcha. I assume the 85/1.8 is decent because it is for further out, I assume? On that assumption the wider aperture is better for the closer shots of the 50mm. Am I getting that right?

Longer focal range dont need to be as fast to have a short dof

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Since I'm looking to trade in I should definitely not go test drive one then.

It makes the m5 feel like a turd

3 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Crap.  Sorry mang

I cant stop thinking v

6 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Is that for all work or just structural, plumbing, and electrical?

Pretty much all new construction. The borough I live in opted out of code enforcement so we are governed by this code officer in another county.

5 hours ago, sandt38 said:

:(

On 5/10/2016 at 3:43 AM, sandt38 said:

See, this is the info I want. I was looking at some 50mm lenses but I am concerned about buying a lens that simply will not suit my needs. What kind of picture am I going to really be able to take with this? Can I get a kick ass pic of my tubes from a foot away? Will it work in my back yard, say a red fox running across it about 100 yards away? Will this work at my son's graduation? Can I shoot one of my ponds at sunrise? Can I shoot a red velvet ant, or one of the kick ass orb weavers that are on my deck this time of year? How will it work if we are shooting the Dome of the Rock, or the Sistine Chapel, the Pieta, or one of the Marbles in shadows at the Vatican?

Sistine:

smDSCN1047_zpse9ad554b.jpg

Go home Vatican, you are drunk :D

IMG_8239.jpg