Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I have a very very difficult time not buying a Mazdaspeed 6. It's less than what I sold the Miata for, has downpipe and tune, looks really nicely maintained and needs the transfer case replaced. To make it harder to refrain from buying, it's 20 miles from an airport to which I have a direct flight. 

17 hours ago, dem beats said:

Thanks again Aaron. 

Timing could not have been better I doubt I could have logged in again if you hadn’t hooked it up. 

Much appreciated. 

:wub:

I know I've asked in the past and am too lazy to look.

What replacement brakes do you guys recommend for a truck/f150? I do tow near max capacity with it.

I order PowerStop kits from Rock Auto for everything I do.  Except the race car.  That always got Hawk pads.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I order PowerStop kits from Rock Auto for everything I do.  Except the race car.  That always got Hawk pads.

Gracias

Sean, Ryan, Matt et al. Need to get pops truck sold (previously wrecked otherwise I'd keep it). Want to get him into a vehicle that you don't have to sit down into, but also don't have to step up into. Bonus for something "fun" (looks cool). Wanted to get him into a Bronco Sport because while it's an Escape in a different shell, it looks cool and will probably stay popular enough. Dad got randomly stuck on the fact that it doesn't have a powered rear hatch (which he would never use) so out it went. Budget is probably no more than 35k.

I assume this puts us in a "meh" SUV but would love to see what you guys come up with..

Brand new or used?  Is he brand-loyal?

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Brand new or used?  Is he brand-loyal?

Either brand new or used. Not really brand loyal.

13 hours ago, MKader17 said:

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Ended up ordering the front kit from Stage 3 motorsports. Rock auto wanted $44 for shipping on top of a higher price. Trying to not order from Amazon where possible so Stage 3 got the biz.

I've ordered from them a lot.  They used to have killer deals on Roush parts!

I'm not sure I can comment as far as vehicle shopping is concerned.  I've been looking myself and everything I'm seeing, it's cheaper to buy new than used.  EVERYTHING is inflated, and people seem to be quite fine paying inflated prices.  I'm holding out. 

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm not sure I can comment as far as vehicle shopping is concerned.  I've been looking myself and everything I'm seeing, it's cheaper to buy new than used.  EVERYTHING is inflated, and people seem to be quite fine paying inflated prices.  I'm holding out. 

I would be in the same boat, trying to get out of a more expensive highly sought after vehicle (the Ford dealership was salivating over a low mileage 4x4 4 door lariat). Honestly, trying to get it out of my hands while people are willing to pay for even if it's previously wrecked.

Get us into something easier to get into at a reduced price. Would be willing to pay for something more fun or cool.

What I really want to do is find him a good condition 68 Firebird (his favorite car) but that's really unpractical lol.

The firebird sounds perfect. 

:-D

I’ve been out of car and truck stuff.  Sean woke me up to Audi even. 

Small SUV is the real desire?  Crossovers ok?

I won't buy domestic anymore.  Japan or bust, and I am a big fan of Mazda.

16 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Brings sadness to my soul but I understand what you’re saying. 

I think when I restart my life I’m going to start with a beat up doomsday pickup.  Would you still go Japanese?  I feel like I would need a trailer for hauling if I went Tacoma sized etc.

I would never buy less than a half-ton pickup.  They get the same fuel mileage as the little guys with half the utility, so I see no point.  Perhaps an insurance break, but that may be the only positive.

18 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Understand the feeling.  Looking forward to the new 6 with potentially a straight 6, RWD, and manual.  Hoping my IS can make it to 2025 when there will be some used Mazda 6's spec'd out that way. ;)

It is refreshing cleaning up some vintage American steel. 

How do you like working that laquer?

And post pics of the orange truck!  '78 or '79?

25 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

How do you like working that laquer?

Just have to use caution because some areas are thin. I use a finish compound and set my flex beast to 1.

Let add humidity greatly affects buffing it. We are just cleaning the paint to look as original as possible.