Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I bet it could make a mean stir fry

Getting tired of all the fucking server errors.

Getting tired of all the fucking server errors.

Yea I have gotten a few today as well.

I just figure it is all the love in the air today slowing internet traffic.

Rippin' at lunch!

Loving the snow?

You betcha.

*said with a Fargo accent

Another fucking server error...

Let's try this again...

Gonna buy a new quad. Well, new to me. Looking at modded TRX450Rs. Looking for motorcross modded bikes. Anyone familiar with suspension mods for motorcrossing? Looking at +1.5 - +2 on the swingarms.

I am aware valving is dependent on rider weight. It is also dependent on how you plan to ride. I am carrying more weight then I expect to be come summer right now. I am 6'1" 218 right now. I expect, between lifting shifts from bulk to cut and the workout of riding hard, to be about 205 or so when we get down to really riding. I will need to get more used to the extra power and handling of the bike. I ride aggressive and pretty hard. The majority of my riding will be fast trails, moderate jumping, and heavy cornering. We have some places nearby that actually offer full scale MX race courses. My concerns are, who makes a good setup? What will be the benefits of single rate, double rate, and triple rate valving systems?

Not saying there is a parallel, but I thought I rode aggressive.  Then I got my IQR.  First ride with the stock shocks on it and I all of a sudden realized that Levi Lavallee is super man.  That being said those same shocks with a trail rebuild and it is a complete different story.  They take the one foot whoops great and swallow road approach air and 8' culvert drops without bottoming.  In fact in 400mi I've only bottomed the rear twice and the front not yet.  

I just have 16 way clickers, but I highly recommend adjust ability within reach.  I soften it up for groomed trails and turn them up for ditches.  Allows a nice plush ride no matter what you are hitting or the trail.

These are what I have:

http://walkerevansracing.com/products/31-snowmobile-16-way-compression-adjustable-ifs-piggyback-shock.html

There are definitely better shocks than those, but they are easily enough for me.

Anyone planning on watching the ufc fight with Rousey on the 23rd? Normally I don't care very much for ufc, but something about her... :wub:

Another fucking server error...

Let's try this again...

Gonna buy a new quad. Well, new to me. Looking at modded TRX450Rs. Looking for motorcross modded bikes. Anyone familiar with suspension mods for motorcrossing? Looking at +1.5 - +2 on the swingarms.

I am aware valving is dependent on rider weight. It is also dependent on how you plan to ride. I am carrying more weight then I expect to be come summer right now. I am 6'1" 218 right now. I expect, between lifting shifts from bulk to cut and the workout of riding hard, to be about 205 or so when we get down to really riding. I will need to get more used to the extra power and handling of the bike. I ride aggressive and pretty hard. The majority of my riding will be fast trails, moderate jumping, and heavy cornering. We have some places nearby that actually offer full scale MX race courses. My concerns are, who makes a good setup? What will be the benefits of single rate, double rate, and triple rate valving systems?

Generally springs are swapped out for weight, and valving is then tweaked for a "sweet spot." It's also pretty common to be able to use a stiffer spring, less valving, and end up with a plusher ride--though the latter is a bit generalized.

I'm not very familiar with quads, but coming from dirt bike suspension I would think most of the principles still apply.

Edited by stefanhinote