Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Damn... that's no good. You're ruining my pipedreams :P

Glad everything's better now though

Plugs are the same. Both engines use the same heads, plugs, COPs, cams, etc. I use MC or NGK, but use whatever you want. Champion is shit IMO though. And you ALWAYS want to use anti seize when mating dissimilar metal,especially aluminum.

The F150 5.4 I did had a 2 piece plug from the factory. Here is what my fil had in his

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/acf-sp515/overview/make/ford/model/f-150

Those are for the 3 valve head. The truck you did was 2004 or newer correct? Matt has 2 valve heads.

Hell even the 3 valve heads are the same. You can interchange them all actually. That's what the modular engine design was all about.

Curious, are the intake manifolds interchangeable as well, or are they head specific?

They are specific to the heads, but the 2 Valve head had two different designs and you can interchange them, although they do not match 100%.  The gaskets make up for it though.  Also, each engine size will be a specific intake.  The 5.4 has an increased stroke and deck height, so it takes a different manifold.  There are companies that make adapters though to fit the 4.6 intakes on 5.4s.

That might be one (of many, I'm sure) reason I haven't seen any TVS supercharger kits being offered for 2v/4v motors.

There are several.  In fact, both Roush and Edelbrock's kits use the TVS.  And they will mount up to the Cobra base as well.  I'm not too sure about the Kenne Bell, but most of the twin screw guys don't much care about an Eaton anyways.

I usually carry an ethernet cable and of course now have the dongles for ethernet and monitors. About to buy an extra power supply for my pc too. That used to live in my travel bag, but I've been either too lazy or cheap to source one for the Asus. The factory 65w is teeny so I like keeping it packed smile.png

I found some for >$20 for my Asus. I always have 3. 1 at work, 1 at home, and 1 in my truck. Sure they are Chinese, but they have lasted a year now.

Had mine pulled a few months ago. Best 2k I ever spent.

The doc's are saying I might not need mine pulled at all; which is great for me and my wallet. However, this whole teething thing sucks.

They told me the same thing. Everything looked perfect on their 3D X-rays. But you could clearly see inflammation in my jaws. I delt with the pain for several years. I never had any tooth pain just pain in my jaws which was bad enough to induce migraines. I've only had 3 or three migraines since I had them pulled. I used to get them every other day.

My wisdom teeth are fully grown in, but last week i cracked one of them in half eating chocolate covered peanuts at the movies.  My dentist has referred me to an oral surgeon for extraction.  I am nervous about the cost.....

All four of mine were fully grown non compacted.

I paid something like 350 for each tooth plus 550 for general anesthesia.

All four of mine were fully grown non compacted.

I paid something like 350 for each tooth plus 550 for general anesthesia.

If I end up paying $900 for getting 1 wisdom tooth pulled I will put a crescendo sticker on it and cry myself to sleep all summer.

Don't you guys have health and dental insurance?

Ok this whole Evil sub thing is off the Fucking Hook! Good god just some playing around and it is almost impossible to breath and see straight!

morepower1.gif

Plugs are the same. Both engines use the same heads, plugs, COPs, cams, etc. I use MC or NGK, but use whatever you want. Champion is shit IMO though. And you ALWAYS want to use anti seize when mating dissimilar metal,especially aluminum.

The F150 5.4 I did had a 2 piece plug from the factory. Here is what my fil had in his

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/acf-sp515/overview/make/ford/model/f-150

Those are for the 3 valve head. The truck you did was 2004 or newer correct? Matt has 2 valve heads.

Hell even the 3 valve heads are the same. You can interchange them all actually. That's what the modular engine design was all about.

Curious, are the intake manifolds interchangeable as well, or are they head specific?

They are specific to the heads, but the 2 Valve head had two different designs and you can interchange them, although they do not match 100%. The gaskets make up for it though. Also, each engine size will be a specific intake. The 5.4 has an increased stroke and deck height, so it takes a different manifold. There are companies that make adapters though to fit the 4.6 intakes on 5.4s.

That might be one (of many, I'm sure) reason I haven't seen any TVS supercharger kits being offered for 2v/4v motors.

Kenny bell used to make a 2 valve SC kit. My wife was going to get it for my birthday..I mean she was going to let me buy it for my own birthday.

They stopped making it. I was super sad about that. It would have been soooooo amazing.

No sir.  The shop I work at is only part time and you have to be full time to get benefits. 

Sorry guys, in all the Evil excitment I forgot to post this picture.

2013-04-25_07-55-13_860.jpg

Awesome!

What the fuck. No one sells the nickle antiseize.

I got cheepo silver because copper next to aluminum makes me skurred.

That's what I was wondering. I had 4 pulled, two were broken,GA, and only paid $500 out of pocket.

That will do.

Made it to work today, but I feel like shitake mushrooms.

Going to hang in for an important 1:30 meeting then jet.

Fuck wisdom teeth

I still have an unused bottle of hydrocodone from when mine got pulled a while back. Probably should get rid of it.

Apparently I was supposed to feel agonizing pain after the surgery or something. A little soreness was all.

That will do.

I figured. They recommend the other for iron diesels that get so hot. I just always used nickel because it was what I purchased or got free 3 and a half billion years ago. I have had more cars than sparkplugs so the old jar is a lifetime supply.

Thank you for the recommendation on the NGK plugs. They didn't have the motorcraft plugs when I went in.

The NGK have a super fine pole. Thank god they were gapped already. Looked breakable.

I hope I can do this all today. It looks like it might get warm enough. My arthritis is extra bad today though and just driving made my hands lock up. I need some antiseize in my knucles and joints I guess.

Fuck wisdom teeth

I still have an unused bottle of hydrocodone from when mine got pulled a while back. Probably should get rid of it.

Not to sound like a prepper, but that shit can come in handy as long as you and no one you know is an addict.

One of the many "other shoes" to drop happened. W got results from an MRI that she should have done 3 or more years back. Osteoarthritis in a couple disks in not good places. She has been suffering with leg pain and spasms from what I guessed was a pinched nerve. Sure as shit, but not exactly where I thought the pinch was.

A sick dog is an expensive dog......

J

So I'm browsing this thread on a linux forum for keeping a laptop running while closed, and this guy replies:

If your on XP (dunno about others) go into control panel then
performance and mentenance then go into the power settings. go to the
advanced tab and change the when i close my lid option to; do nothing.

Problem Solved smile.gif

If your vista, then go to control panel, then power settings. on the
left should be options- including change times when computer sleeps.

OMFG. R U FURREAL?