Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Oh smack!!!

OR maybe if there is a problem we need to be made aware of it.  Keep in mind, we have very limited powers.

Aaron and Mark are Batman.  We are their Alfreds.

Banned.  New software took away some adjustments we had before.

HAF is still broken Sean so I can't sign in to post in your thread.<br /><br />Does your room require the speakers to lay down? If not, I'd never use an MTM...

It works/loads/posts just fine here.

I haven't been able to log in for a while

Clear cookies and cache etc.?

PC has been reformatted since I last tried.

HAF is still broken Sean so I can't sign in to post in your thread.<br /><br />Does your room require the speakers to lay down? If not, I'd never use an MTM...

No it does not. I was just looking around and read great reviews on those "overnight sensations."

What would you recommend? I would like to go the DIY route so I can build my own enclosures but if I found a good deal on something built, I wouldn't mind.

I made the overnight sensations a couple years back and still use them, but mostly for listening to music in the basement now.  They are good speakers for that budget point, yet I believe there are some better options out there that won't be much more.  I'm not sure what your goals are exactly, but there are many good designs for DIY.  I actually just bought all the supplies to make the Zaph ZDT3.5 yesterday with the current sale going on at partsexpress.  It ended up costing a total of roughly $415 for two towers.  I can't tell you how they sound, but from what I read they should not disappoint.

I am just looking to add better sounds to the living room T for around $1000. The only piece of equipment I have so far is a MJ18 for woofer duty.

I will eventually work on the dedicated HT room and will go all out for that.

Does the $1k include the sub amp?  Wood for the boxes?  Or is this a driver budget?  Are you using these later in the HT room?  Is it 5.1 you need, a stereo pair...

No it does not. I was just looking around and read great reviews on those "overnight sensations."

What would you recommend? I would like to go the DIY route so I can build my own enclosures but if I found a good deal on something built, I wouldn't mind.

I made the overnight sensations a couple years back and still use them, but mostly for listening to music in the basement now.  They are good speakers for that budget point, yet I believe there are some better options out there that won't be much more.  I'm not sure what your goals are exactly, but there are many good designs for DIY.  I actually just bought all the supplies to make the Zaph ZDT3.5 yesterday with the current sale going on at partsexpress.  It ended up costing a total of roughly $415 for two towers.  I can't tell you how they sound, but from what I read they should not disappoint.

I am just looking to add better sounds to the living room T for around $1000. The only piece of equipment I have so far is a MJ18 for woofer duty.

I will eventually work on the dedicated HT room and will go all out for that.

Does the $1k include the sub amp?  Wood for the boxes?  Or is this a driver budget?  Are you using these later in the HT room?  Is it 5.1 you need, a stereo pair...

Time for a little drink.

Put your feet on your elbows...

Kevin just keeps surprising me with his stupidity. It's sad that an unintelligent (at least when it comes to audio) liar can make money doing what he does.

I'll end my rant as I'm fairly intoxicated.

UV (sunlight) activated fiberglass resin

Why is this the first time I am hearing about this???

I think I know what your issue is.  Click on the windows logo next to create account, it will appear with a sign in page that on the right side will say "use regular sign in".  Once you click on that it will bring up the ability to sign in.

This will help answer your questions in your previous post because I was going to ask the same questions until I looked over on HAF.

New treads on the bitch...

smDSCF1637_zpsd8fd9a03.jpg

smDSCF1639_zps4abdc692.jpg

smDSCF1636_zps027368af.jpg

Hooks up like a beast. The big issue now is keeping the nose on the ground. It was tough before, but DAMN!!! Fortunately I can still throw the ass end around pretty easily.

Bites harder and quicker for sure! Go easy we don't heal as quickly as we used too. ;)

Time for a little drink.

trink40.gif

UV (sunlight) activated fiberglass resin

Why is this the first time I am hearing about this???

There are several different uv curing adhesives today.

I think I know what your issue is.  Click on the windows logo next to create account, it will appear with a sign in page that on the right side will say "use regular sign in".  Once you click on that it will bring up the ability to sign in.

This will help answer your questions in your previous post because I was going to ask the same questions until I looked over on HAF.

QUoted so I try this later.  Thanks btw.

^^^^^. That's a monster!!!

You must have a virus--buy a new computer. :D

Sean this is what you miss on TV:

jG95QoB.jpg

Edited by Penguin4x4