Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks Matt.

I am great at finding weaknesses. This is what happens if you get out of the car with the vape pen on your lap.

med_gallery_10399_475_21317.jpg

This is the mini Pro Tank. I am actually pretty happy with it so far. I fell it hits more like a cig.

med_gallery_10399_475_28770.jpg

This is the eGo weakness. They are press fit and will buckle if in your pocket. The middle one is with the press fit half pulled apart.

med_gallery_10399_475_52024.jpg

The guts.

med_gallery_10399_475_47175.jpg

My smokes for the day. lmao

med_gallery_10399_475_25110.jpg

A pile of gremlins. 

med_gallery_10399_475_55487.jpg

I am great at finding weaknesses. This is what happens if you get out of the car with the vape pen on your lap.

This is the mini Pro Tank. I am actually pretty happy with it so far. I fell it hits more like a cig.

This is the eGo weakness. They are press fit and will buckle if in your pocket. The middle one is with the press fit half pulled apart.

The guts.

A pile of gremlins. 

I'm using a Protank II with an eGo C Twist myself. I just keep it in my back left pocket against my knife. I pull it out when I sit down, and leave it in the cupholder when I'm in the car. No complaints as far as my cheap solution, but I'll be changing to an Aerotank and an eVic soon. I know the eVic has some limitations, but the features make it good for me. It just all keeps me from smoking.

The guts.

A pile of gremlins. 

I'm using a Protank II with an eGo C Twist myself. I just keep it in my back left pocket against my knife. I pull it out when I sit down, and leave it in the cupholder when I'm in the car. No complaints as far as my cheap solution, but I'll be changing to an Aerotank and an eVic soon. I know the eVic has some limitations, but the features make it good for me. It just all keeps me from smoking.

Believe it or not, over half of these are one's that didn't work right out of the box. I am REALLY hard on things. LOL DOH-zer. tongue.png

Damn you sure do go through a lot of those!

I seen you where in the Army Drew. Thanks for serving. 

Air Force actually, but thanks a lot man.

I need some help. I've got a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x4. It's always idled a little low every once in awhile, cycling from around 550 down to 400 and shaking a little, but only every once in awhile. Now it seems to do it often and it died while idling yesterday. I need to get it fixed. Any recommendations on what is happening? It's our only car.

Clean the throttle body. It is an electric TB, so be careful. Get a toothbrush and some carb cleaner. Remove the air inlet snorkel from the TB. Turn the key on with the engine off. Have someone step on the accelerator pedal and shoot the carb cleaner down the throttle body. Scrub the inside of the bore and as much of the plate as you can with the toothbrush. DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGERS IN IT!!! After a short period of time the throttle plates will close as a failsafe. It will rip your fingers off. Keep cleaning until it looks decent.

It is a common issue with electronic throttles. It may run like shit for a while, but give it 10 or 15 minutes, and it will be fine.

I'll find the gum cutter, and do this tomorrow at work. Thanks a ton man. What's the story on the juice too? I'm runnin' low. lol

It'll be a bit. I expect I should have some good working recipes in about a month. Supplies will be here by early next week, and I will be having to play with sweetness, tartness, and total amount of flavor based on nic levels. I may also do some playing with different atomizers, as I have found flavors to be different between varying types. A cart has a certain profile, a clearo a different profile, a rebuildable tank different yet again, and drippers with single and dual coils are different.

I just got a Trident, which is a dual coil dripper, and it is ridiculously tasty. HUGE clouds (the kind that will make a cigar fiend envious) and a ton of flavor. Where I have found my favorite juice right now could use some sweetness in a clearo, it needs nothing in the Trident. In fact, extra sweetener may make it perfumey.

So I am trying to decide if I want to do a "happy medium" or if I want to establish different lines for different attys.

What flavors and nic levels are you interested in?

I generally vape a fruit/menthol blend. Tons of different kinds, but usually somewhat similar. I was considering a dripper/rebuildable, but it seems such a hassle. Probably going to buy a Kanger Aerotank (dual coil for when I feel like high VG), and a simple eVic for easy adjustments. I know there are better battery mods, but the eVic is nice and simple with nice features.

I was considering a "cool raspberry", "cool blackberry", "cool strawberry" and "cool blueberry". If you are interested, I will be sure to send some your way. I am going all 50/50 (PG/VG), so options on the PG/VG are not happening right at this moment. I'll send you a couple bottles for the shipping cost just so you can try it and get the word out.

I am also doing a couple cotton candy flavors. I'll shoot you a strawberry and blueberry CC if you are interested. I never expected to like the cotton candies but they are amazing. Bubblegums are also forthcoming in various fruits.

Let me know if you prefer tart or sweet. Tarts will be more lifelike on the fruits, but sweets will be more candy like. I have the ingredients for both.

I will be offering these for ~$.60/mll, where most mid level product is going for $.06-1.00/ml. My distributor may ask for more, but my minimum will be $.60. I can't undercut her by much as she is distributing for me as of this moment. She will be paying me $.40/ml, so her cut is nominal compared to traditional retail.

So my buddy and I do fiberglass and have been playing with a lot of carbon fiber products. Does anyone have any full-size USD hornbodies, or Image Dynamics full size horns? Going to be making molds and fabricating some carbon fiber horn bodies.

I need some help. I've got a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x4. It's always idled a little low every once in awhile, cycling from around 550 down to 400 and shaking a little, but only every once in awhile. Now it seems to do it often and it died while idling yesterday. I need to get it fixed. Any recommendations on what is happening? It's our only car.

Clean the throttle body. It is an electric TB, so be careful. Get a toothbrush and some carb cleaner. Remove the air inlet snorkel from the TB. Turn the key on with the engine off. Have someone step on the accelerator pedal and shoot the carb cleaner down the throttle body. Scrub the inside of the bore and as much of the plate as you can with the toothbrush. DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGERS IN IT!!! After a short period of time the throttle plates will close as a failsafe. It will rip your fingers off. Keep cleaning until it looks decent.

It is a common issue with electronic throttles. It may run like shit for a while, but give it 10 or 15 minutes, and it will be fine.

I'll find the gum cutter, and do this tomorrow at work. Thanks a ton man. What's the story on the juice too? I'm runnin' low. lol

It'll be a bit. I expect I should have some good working recipes in about a month. Supplies will be here by early next week, and I will be having to play with sweetness, tartness, and total amount of flavor based on nic levels. I may also do some playing with different atomizers, as I have found flavors to be different between varying types. A cart has a certain profile, a clearo a different profile, a rebuildable tank different yet again, and drippers with single and dual coils are different.

I just got a Trident, which is a dual coil dripper, and it is ridiculously tasty. HUGE clouds (the kind that will make a cigar fiend envious) and a ton of flavor. Where I have found my favorite juice right now could use some sweetness in a clearo, it needs nothing in the Trident. In fact, extra sweetener may make it perfumey.

So I am trying to decide if I want to do a "happy medium" or if I want to establish different lines for different attys.

What flavors and nic levels are you interested in?

I generally vape a fruit/menthol blend. Tons of different kinds, but usually somewhat similar. I was considering a dripper/rebuildable, but it seems such a hassle. Probably going to buy a Kanger Aerotank (dual coil for when I feel like high VG), and a simple eVic for easy adjustments. I know there are better battery mods, but the eVic is nice and simple with nice features.

I was considering a "cool raspberry", "cool blackberry", "cool strawberry" and "cool blueberry". If you are interested, I will be sure to send some your way. I am going all 50/50 (PG/VG), so options on the PG/VG are not happening right at this moment. I'll send you a couple bottles for the shipping cost just so you can try it and get the word out.

I am also doing a couple cotton candy flavors. I'll shoot you a strawberry and blueberry CC if you are interested. I never expected to like the cotton candies but they are amazing. Bubblegums are also forthcoming in various fruits.

Let me know if you prefer tart or sweet. Tarts will be more lifelike on the fruits, but sweets will be more candy like. I have the ingredients for both.

I will be offering these for ~$.60/mll, where most mid level product is going for $.06-1.00/ml. My distributor may ask for more, but my minimum will be $.60. I can't undercut her by much as she is distributing for me as of this moment. She will be paying me $.40/ml, so her cut is nominal compared to traditional retail.

Oh, and FWIW I really like an eVic. I do have one, and play with it a bit. I learned a lot off of it. If you opt for a dripper, you may want a mech. I like my drippers at .9ohms, where an eVic will read "short" and not fire below 1.0 ohms.

So my buddy and I do fiberglass and have been playing with a lot of carbon fiber products. Does anyone have any full-size USD hornbodies, or Image Dynamics full size horns? Going to be making molds and fabricating some carbon fiber horn bodies.

I would love a good set of custom ID horns.

If the wife is going to insist on electric for the next place I will have to do induction. Ive hated every electric stove.

You need to whip that woman. First a knife set and now electric. "Dying" to hear the reasons.

BTW, not sure if I've asked this but how do you guys stop your fond from burning? Sometimes when I do multiple batches of food the fond ends up burning and being unusable for a sauce.

Deglaze as you cook. A more specific description of what you are cooking when you have the problem will make it easier to help.

Now for some finished pictures!

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Before I spill any sailor on it. wink.png

Wow that would never happen.

Might replace the slides on the drawers depending on price.

Time for a visit to your local Rockler

If the wife is going to insist on electric for the next place I will have to do induction. Ive hated every electric stove.

Who does more cooking should decide. I rarely put my foot down, but when I do the wife is so subservient it's freaky.

My wife has ZERO say on what is in the kitchen. She does beg sometimes though. For nearly 5 years she wanted a microwave to make popcorn. Finally installed one in a closet.

I have 2 uses for a microwave. Heating Tortilla's in my T-warmer and turning refridgerator butter into counter butter consistency.

Seriously don't know what else you'd use them for. For that I didn't see why we would buy one. Adding popcorn is equally as stupid, but it made her happy and the location doesn't bug me.

I cannot believe how bad the roads are.

The wife is getting a new car. I'm not having her drive that junk anymore. AWD and maybe a small SUV.

Fucking crazy.

I drove 160mi today. I drove the wives.

Snowmobile. Couldn't see shit until noon. Paved a trail through over a foot of fresh snow as everything had drifted over. Following trail signs is REALLY hard without a trail. Rare that you turn in MN by steering the opposite and leaning like a motorcycle but that was more than half of today. Seriously bummed I couldn't ride my sled as it is absolutely geared for exactly these conditions. FUCK ME.

Fuck front wheel drive.

What does FWD do to a car that makes the brakes work like horse shit???

Fucks it up bad. Worst thing you can drive in the winter. Traction control also should be run OFF. It is fucking stupid. Doesn't work where you need it to and gives idiots self confidence that makes them do stupid shit.

:-(

I also have no idea what a reliable cheep AWD car or SUV is.

Old Lexus LX

I had a discussion on frog legs at dinner tonight.  An hour later I was at the store to get water.  I just so happen to glance in the seafood cooler and there I find frog legs on sale.  Now to find a good recipe and Gavin is going to freak tomorrow.

does it have to be awd? heavy rwd does just fine through snow

light and rwd even better

From this 1999

IMAG0233.jpg

To this 2014

IMAG0225.jpg

Holy shit!