Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I just want something I can flip and use. Paired with my 17-55 I'd have everything I need for travel...in particular with an extender.

<-refuses to buy new

<-refuses to buy new

With the rebate and package I got, New was less than used FWIW.

<-refuses to buy new

No brainer.

For this trip, I was really thinking of grabbing an IS F/4. Find one of those used and see how I deal with it, but then I realized a non-IS 2.8 is about the same price and not much different in weight size as the IS is a big chunk of that. Figure it is better glass so as a temporary try it out solution it'd be good.

<-refuses to buy new

No brainer.

For this trip, I was really thinking of grabbing an IS F/4. Find one of those used and see how I deal with it, but then I realized a non-IS 2.8 is about the same price and not much different in weight size as the IS is a big chunk of that. Figure it is better glass so as a temporary try it out solution it'd be good.

Lens authority had an ISii 2.8 for 1500 or so. Used, but a several day return guarantee.

<-refuses to buy new

No brainer.

Lens authority had an ISii 2.8 for 1500 or so. Used, but a several day return guarantee.

Then I'd just buy it. I just haven't seen any local.

$1920 now btw

Still not bad!

I should have sent you a text when I stumbled on it.

:(

At that price it was probably physically beat.

A minty one of any of the three types used is fine with me. Just want something I can sell for what I pay. smile.png

In other words, cake and eat it too

When I got mine the one I saw local was $100 less than MSRP with a filter.

Canon had a $200-$300 rebate. I made the guy at camera exchange give me a filter and some $ off a few batteries I was going to buy anyway.

Saved about $400 bucks from local and about $100 from online if I factor taxes.

You can sell a used ISii for $300 less than MSRP. Check eBay or adorama used.

The Canon rebate right now is $200 off.

That's a $100 loss and you will have something that walks all the rest in the park. The IS 2.8 MKi is close, but doesn't focus as fast and the IS is not as refined.

The new one is sharper by some 25% or whatever BS it is. Will you see that ever? Only if you blow it up billboard size.

You can sell a used ISii for $300 less than MSRP. Check eBay or adorama used.

The Canon rebate right now is $200 off.

That's a $100 loss and you will have something that walks all the rest in the park. The IS 2.8 MKi is close, but doesn't focus as fast and the IS is not as refined.

The new one is sharper by some 25% or whatever BS it is. Will you see that ever? Only if you blow it up billboard size.

Ha, for now. Long term it will go to what all lenses do. 2/3 of MSRP. I am too stubborn to jump in before then. Sure they will do an STM motor next. Probably 5 years out, but that'll drop it like the other 2 should be now.

The sharpness I am not so worried about. Well exceeds my patience to shoot.

And the sharpness, from what I have read, is chromatic aberration that can be corrected, less lens flare, and slightly better colors. The actual "sharpness" is so small you will never know.

The rest of the white lenses are not nearly as fast to focus and don't have the phenomenal IS.

Its seriously incredible to me how well is just works.

The f4 was not as fast to focus, and IS feels lethargic. As in the gyro or whatever takes time to spool up. I feel this on the Tamron. I would still rather have it than not.

The non IS 2.8 might be the sharpest, and you could use faster speeds for sure. If it's all well lit like daytime, you should be ok. But you are one cup of coffee away from enough shake to make it a poor choice to hand hold.

The sharpness I am not so worried about. Well exceeds my patience to shoot.

That is the truest truth ever.

All the 70-200s are sharp as a razor.

If I were you, with your depreciat ion hatred I would get the 2.8 mki IS.

You will really want the 2.8 and the IS.

One overcast day, or one indoor game, and you will be PISSED.

Not like buying a Cadillac instead of the chilli pepper. Cannot supercharge the lens, unless you take all that money you saved and buy a FF body.

:-)

I see how it is. ehh.gif

Dude!

Where you been?

I miss "us"!

No homo

Been busy with classes. I have a few weeks off then I start up again. adhd.gif

What are some good paired drivers for 2-way desk / small room setup? Don't need a sub, but having some impact on the midbass for Tool and the alike is always nice. Enclosures would need to be under 2ft^3. I'd grab a minidsp for processing. Budget for the speakers total would likely be under 200. Just looking for something better than your average computer speakers and a fun weekend project.

Always in the same spot? If so, I can't say enough about the TB W4-1337's I am running FR vented in my office.

I don't imagine I would be moving them around for any reason, so I'd put them where they sound best--whether that be on the desk or on stands on either side.

And the sharpness, from what I have read, is chromatic aberration that can be corrected, less lens flare, and slightly better colors. The actual "sharpness" is so small you will never know.

The rest of the white lenses are not nearly as fast to focus and don't have the phenomenal IS.

Its seriously incredible to me how well is just works.

The f4 was not as fast to focus, and IS feels lethargic. As in the gyro or whatever takes time to spool up. I feel this on the Tamron. I would still rather have it than not.

The non IS 2.8 might be the sharpest, and you could use faster speeds for sure. If it's all well lit like daytime, you should be ok. But you are one cup of coffee away from enough shake to make it a poor choice to hand hold.

Ha, caffeine doesn't really affect me.

One overcast day, or one indoor game, and you will be PISSED.

Not like buying a Cadillac instead of the chilli pepper. Cannot supercharge the lens, unless you take all that money you saved and buy a FF body.

:-)

Want the reach of the crop and the 70d is really pretty amazing.l

What are some good paired drivers for 2-way desk / small room setup? Don't need a sub, but having some impact on the midbass for Tool and the alike is always nice. Enclosures would need to be under 2ft^3. I'd grab a minidsp for processing. Budget for the speakers total would likely be under 200. Just looking for something better than your average computer speakers and a fun weekend project.

Always in the same spot? If so, I can't say enough about the TB W4-1337's I am running FR vented in my office.

I don't imagine I would be moving them around for any reason, so I'd put them where they sound best--whether that be on the desk or on stands on either side.

Mine point at my ears. They HAVE to.

I am fortifying mine with a sub, but only because I had a True Fire sitting still collecting dust.