Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Picked up a used Briggs Garment bag in the uber size today for $200. $800 piece of luggage used once.

Marijuana strains with a high CBD and THC level, such as sour diesel, are great at blocking the nerve sensors to brain. I would suggest trying some edibles as they generally effect the body more than the mind, I believe cooking it activates the CBD's.

High fat cooking ;)
Slow cook butter and herb in crockpot, strain with cheese cloth and presto!

Stephan?

Read this a couple times. JUST got the Stephan joke.

I see how it is. ehh.gif

First few times was "who da fuq is Stephan?"

;)

What are some good paired drivers for 2-way desk / small room setup? Don't need a sub, but having some impact on the midbass for Tool and the alike is always nice. Enclosures would need to be under 2ft^3. I'd grab a minidsp for processing. Budget for the speakers total would likely be under 200. Just looking for something better than your average computer speakers and a fun weekend project.

I should also note that I can make stands for the enclosures, so I can space them out accordingly in width and height if that helps.

What are some good paired drivers for 2-way desk / small room setup? Don't need a sub, but having some impact on the midbass for Tool and the alike is always nice. Enclosures would need to be under 2ft^3. I'd grab a minidsp for processing. Budget for the speakers total would likely be under 200. Just looking for something better than your average computer speakers and a fun weekend project.

http://www.zaphaudio.com/

might find an idea or two there. 

im using the 3" hivi fullrange set for my computer speakers. they do an ok job on their own but you really need a sub. 

sean is running tang band w4 titaniums full range, iirc. i run them in my car in a 3 way. really sweet speakers. 

PE has the overnight sensations kits as well. 

https://www.parts-express.com/overnight-sensations-mt-speaker-kit-pair--300-706

im using the 3" hivi fullrange set for my computer speakers. they do an ok job on their own but you really need a sub. 

sean is running tang band w4 titaniums full range, iirc. i run them in my car in a 3 way. really sweet speakers. 

Yeah I've thought about the tang band titaniums and bamboo, but not sure how much midbass they would have on their own, or what to pair them with. I'll check out Zaph, thanks.

iirc, sean runs his ported and a sub for <100hz. 

a 2way with a 6-7" mid would certainly get you the midbass you need and you might not need the sub. depending on your tastes. 

Edited by lithium

#22problemsandammoisone

And yet ammo was easy as hell to come by in NY when I was home.

J

iirc, sean runs his ported and a sub for <100hz. 

a 2way with a 6-7" mid would certainly get you the midbass you need and you might not need the sub. depending on your tastes. 

Maybe I should grab some exodus ex-anarchies again. I mean this time I could actually have them in an enclosure vs IB and I know they sound good. Hmmm

Fuck, looks like they closed shop.

Matt - talk me in or out of this. Obviously needs negotiation as they can be had new in Singapore for about $1250. Would prefer to have it with me in Japan though which is before Singapore.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pho/4416973935.html

No IS is a no go!

Sean you want IS. And if you can get over the price, you want the IS II. With kids in sports, you really really need it if you can afford it. And you can.

Have you ever been to Jax Cafe? They have a dimly lit back room for events. I took amazing shots that I could not with anything less.

I will bring the MKii on Tuesday.

You will be shocked. It's is the fastest to focus and the best IS I have tried. And I tried all the 70-200 from Canon before I shot my load.

Edited by dem beats

I see how it is. ehh.gif

Dude!

Where you been?

I miss "us"!

No homo

More thought on the white lenses.....

The only benefit to that lens there is that it has a free UV filter. If you can get new for $150 more, I'm sure they would throw in a filter, and you would have a warranty....

You could maybe get away without IS if you only shot that lens in bright situations. Your 70D handles low light really well. But for the distance your shooting you will have to learn to hold your breath just before the peak of every inhale, learn to lean on something, or keep a monopod around to help deal with the weight. But then one cloudy day, or an indoor day, and you will wish you would have got the IS.

And per your normal thinking this IS isn't going to depreciate much. So you will loose very little and be able to make 60-70% of the shots instead of 20-30%.

Edited by dem beats

I am also, of course, defending my purchase. I made the decision while stressed and upset. I wanted to make sure I had a lens of that category for my granfathers funeral.

Being able to hang back and unobtrusively collect images of my family being happy made it worth everything.

Canon also has a mail in rebate, but maybe Singapore prices would be better?

If you really just hate paying that much, as I do, you could always go with the 2.8 is first version. You lose some of the focus speed and the panning IS. Those are real and you can feel the difference.

You also lose the image refinement that the 2 would get you, but you won't notice it in pictures. It's more glass and heavier.

Just like I fell in love with the 1.2 50mm, I tried the white lenses side by side and fell in love with the 2.

Interestingly enough, I liked the Tamron 24-70 the best, with its 2.8 and IS function it more than made up or the slightly slower focus.

The wider angle makes me care way less about the angle and it actually took better looking images(from the back of the camera). IS makes a huge difference for someone like me who likes coffee. It also saved me enough to "justify" the absurd but sexy 1.2.

Always in the same spot? If so, I can't say enough about the TB W4-1337's I am running FR vented in my office.

Yeah I've thought about the tang band titaniums and bamboo, but not sure how much midbass they would have on their own, or what to pair them with. I'll check out Zaph, thanks.

Ported they have a lot of midbass. Of course depending on your listening style. I am an upright bass player. For instance, I am listening to Oteil & the Peacemakers right now. The rest of the band ain't my thing, but Burbridge is insane.

Matt - talk me in or out of this. Obviously needs negotiation as they can be had new in Singapore for about $1250. Would prefer to have it with me in Japan though which is before Singapore.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pho/4416973935.html

No IS is a no go!

Sean you want IS. And if you can get over the price, you want the IS II. With kids in sports, you really really need it if you can afford it. And you can.

Have you ever been to Jax Cafe? They have a dimly lit back room for events. I took amazing shots that I could not with anything less.

I will bring the MKii on Tuesday.

You will be shocked. It's is the fastest to focus and the best IS I have tried. And I tried all the 70-200 from Canon before I shot my load.

This isn't a permanent solution, just temporary as I want to snipe on some unsuspecting locals in asia. Not buying a II IS before then and a I IS is a no go. Bet I use it 90% of the time outside as well.