Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Why the fuck do people have the urge to touch your kid. Damn near got in a fist fight with a woman at SAMs club.

AGREED!

People come up to my wife and rub her tattoos in public all the time.

i can not take any more stupid people.

The stupid people pay me to hurt them so its all good. :)

Can you feel me now....How about now? :D

Just put my Lawn Mower up on Craigslist. Hopefully I can pull a good price considering it is brand spanking new (never has cut grass)

Anybody know tax laws well? I'm wondering if I can get away with not paying income tax considering the prize was won in a "raffle" I didn't have to pay to be in and I didn't pay to attend the event where the raffle was held.

Why sell it BTW?

Would doing a 10 dollar bill of sale help like it does with registration taxes?

J

That rarely works anymore. Now they go with insurance value in most areas.

Why the fuck do people have the urge to touch your kid. Damn near got in a fist fight with a woman at SAMs club.

AGREED!

I'm not gonna ask where she is tattooed :)

Just put my Lawn Mower up on Craigslist. Hopefully I can pull a good price considering it is brand spanking new (never has cut grass)

Anybody know tax laws well? I'm wondering if I can get away with not paying income tax considering the prize was won in a "raffle" I didn't have to pay to be in and I didn't pay to attend the event where the raffle was held.

Why sell it BTW?

J

It would help the taxes Mike "should" claim from selling it, but not from his winning it.

As an employer it's almost impossible to legally give an employee a gift or something similar without forcing the employee to pay for it.

We taxed people on gift cards. And because laws changed a while back "Thanks Obama" it has to be seen as a bonus. That means it's taxed at a much higher amount than regular pay.

At one time there was discussion about taxing work events and gifts involved as small as coffee cups and such. There is a line you can hide behind that involves team building and thus a required cost of business though. You just have to make sure your careful.

Mike's case is tough because he can, and is going to, sell the gift. It is also a raffle, and not something directly related to a work exercise. They could probably give it to him as a company perk, but then he wouldn't own it until X date, and it would be have to used in some work capacity. That could be mowing his lawn with their logo on the tractor, but again, it's sketchy at best.

Prior to some of the law changes you could have your employees win gift cards and not tax them. Especially if the money seemed to flow through vendors. A friend sold cell phones and made 80% of his income as Amazon/Visa or AmEx gift cards. The company didn't pay tax and neither did the employee. Those was a gross misuse of the loophole and got closed, but was technically legal at the time.

AGREED!

I'm not gonna ask where she is tattooed :)

Beat me to it!

:rimshot:

I'm not sure how many more double entendre I can fit here....

Went out to a great steakhouse, Manny's last night with my supervisor and his G/F last night. We have a great professional working relationship and he hadn't been.

2 drinks and when the girls went to the restroom, he spilled his guts about some stuff that his boss spilled to him after getting sloshed at a twins game last week. My intention had little to do with work, but it was a positive byproduct of the meal.

Also got the waiter to bring me the tab. I'll be living lean this month now. I think it was a good move, when I suggest a more expensive place that someone hasn't been I try to pay if I can. The dinner was a hit though. His GF who also works in the company was charmed by my wife as was he. The dinner was fun, and productive in networking and solidifying a friendship with a good ally at work.

We don't get along with too many couples so it's fun when we can go out and have a good time.

got the nexus 7 in and everything working fine except for the joycon exr. i think i need to look into some sort of interface.

What does/doesn't it do?

http://www.mp3car.com/input-devices/149702-where-to-get-the-signal-of-steering-wheel-controls-for-car-pc.html

this seems to say that i can tap the resistive buttons before the can bus

Ah, CAN. PAC-SWI will work too and then there is no dicking around. That is what I am going to do. Less cutting of stock wiring in particular wires connected to a bus is a good idea IMO. I was at TRW and specifically asked if they implemented the CAN in the wheel or post wheel on my car...they couldn't answer, lol.

Why sell it BTW?

J

Regrettably tax value is MSRP, although negotiable I am not sure I want to play with the state tax man.

Why sell it BTW?

J

It would help the taxes Mike "should" claim from selling it, but not from his winning it.

As an employer it's almost impossible to legally give an employee a gift or something similar without forcing the employee to pay for it.

We taxed people on gift cards. And because laws changed a while back "Thanks Obama" it has to be seen as a bonus. That means it's taxed at a much higher amount than regular pay.

At one time there was discussion about taxing work events and gifts involved as small as coffee cups and such. There is a line you can hide behind that involves team building and thus a required cost of business though. You just have to make sure your careful.

Mike's case is tough because he can, and is going to, sell the gift. It is also a raffle, and not something directly related to a work exercise. They could probably give it to him as a company perk, but then he wouldn't own it until X date, and it would be have to used in some work capacity. That could be mowing his lawn with their logo on the tractor, but again, it's sketchy at best.

Prior to some of the law changes you could have your employees win gift cards and not tax them. Especially if the money seemed to flow through vendors. A friend sold cell phones and made 80% of his income as Amazon/Visa or AmEx gift cards. The company didn't pay tax and neither did the employee. Those was a gross misuse of the loophole and got closed, but was technically legal at the time.

Matt - in your job you should be allocated one up to $500 spiff that is tax free per year. Possible that has changed, but it sure used to be that way in MN.

Went out to a great steakhouse, Manny's last night with my supervisor and his G/F last night. We have a great professional working relationship and he hadn't been.

2 drinks and when the girls went to the restroom, he spilled his guts about some stuff that his boss spilled to him after getting sloshed at a twins game last week. My intention had little to do with work, but it was a positive byproduct of the meal.

Also got the waiter to bring me the tab. I'll be living lean this month now. I think it was a good move, when I suggest a more expensive place that someone hasn't been I try to pay if I can. The dinner was a hit though. His GF who also works in the company was charmed by my wife as was he. The dinner was fun, and productive in networking and solidifying a friendship with a good ally at work.

We don't get along with too many couples so it's fun when we can go out and have a good time.

Dutch would have been less painful.

Either way I am jealous. I ate at Chipotle last night. It is really fucking horrible.

In a tough spot the next two weeks. Aidan has swimming less from 5:45-6:15 and Tanner at 7. Makes dinner not so easy. Last nights was a fail I won't forget for at least 2 years.

The snow has not stopped simply changed state. I am sick of precipitation.

I like to pay when I can.

Kind of funny because he set a sales record last month, my store gave him extra bonus money as he collects when I do, just too a lesser degree. It will probably be a bigger check than he has ever had.

......but that check doesn't happen until the 15the and he just had to put a new transmission in his car and overpaid.

He experienced bone marrow for the first time and had the bread pudding and dove in.

Seeing someone so happy to eat was worth the price.

I don't mind Chipotle if I have to eat quickly and need a "mall" choice.

I don't think it's good though. Enough tobasco and lime and it's definitely ok.

I am happy when I eat!

Damnit, missed that by a post. sad.png

Plusses I get 10% back when I eat there. I'm a sucker for that!

I am happy when I eat!

I know. I would grab the tab if we went out too.

Fun nights like that come from the discretionary cash reserve.

:-)

I'm getting about $600 in rebates from Canon. Woo hop.

:-D

Thanks National Camera!

Well, $200 from Tamron, also.

Edited by dem beats

I am happy when I eat!

I know. I would grab the tab if we went out too.

Fun nights like that come from the discretionary cash reserve.

:-)

I don't like tab grabbers....but I am sure you feel the same way. No need to "buy" my friendship wink.png Not that it isn't mutual.

Did I sound like I was trying to buy friendship with my boss? God I hope not, and hope he doesn't think so.

I like control and being generous when I can. I hope it doesn't look bad.

:-(

Did I sound like I was trying to buy friendship with my boss? God I hope not, and hope he doesn't think so.

I like control and being generous when I can. I hope it doesn't look bad.

:-(

You misread that completely. I don't like it because I am the same way...