Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean did you get your video card??

Think the video card was the problem, lol. I wasn't using ATI drivers, but just stock windows. Remember hating Catalyst and uninstalling it.

Nvidia card went in without removing any drivers and booted all fine. Downloading latest NVIDIA driver atm.

And it should be obvious, lol. The fan doesn't even really spin on the video card. Wonder why it got hot?

given the amount of hdd's you go through im not surprised the gpu died randomly :)

Bought an MSI GT610 for $35

I assume it is okay? Before I open the package I thought I'd check.

This model:http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-PCI-Express-N610GT-MD2GD3-LP/dp/B008AJKIN2

Probably. I have cards that are better that you could have had for free....
thought el geeks at micro center might know a mirroring solution but alas they don't. Card is still sealed....but it was only $30
Read up...

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/500277/sli/second-monitors-and-sli-2-monitors-with-different-resolutions-with-sli/

that is extend I need mirror
That post on this forum is not what you are wanting? I am confused?

Post said..

I have 460GTXs in SLI and I can run a 1920x1080 @ 120hz monitor and a 1680x1050 monitor @ 60hz at the same time with SLI enabled (both monitors plugged into the primary card). I can even game in 3d on the primary and still have the second monitor displaying Windows just fine.

Sean wants the same desktop/GUI/interface mirrored on all displays. But some of his displays are a higher resolution than others.

So it results in dead bands on his higher than 1080, display or fucked up look on the other displays

im pretty sure its impossible.

i was playing around with my setup. 1080p TV in the living room and a 1200p monitor at my computer desk. I use the PC to play movies and music and control it via a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad thing. Rather then mirror and waste the resolution on the monitor i just extend the displays and use a few easy keyboard shortcuts to move programs around. Alternatively you could just enable and disable mirror mode w/ the window key + p. Other key bindings like alt+tab to select the window and the window key + arrow buttons to move it between screens work pretty well.

can you watch in both screens that way? A toggle that switches to 1080p everywhere works for me

yep

You do that in mirror?

if you enable mirror either through selecting the option or the window key + p hotkey the result is the same. Windows selects the resolution of the lowest monitor and displays the display across all the monitors. the hotkey is convenient in that you can toggle it on/off.

hot key idea is sweet too since I can manipulate them via automation too

Yep installed and it fixed the PC completely :)

Think the video card was the problem, lol. I wasn't using ATI drivers, but just stock windows. Remember hating Catalyst and uninstalling it.

Nvidia card went in without removing any drivers and booted all fine. Downloading latest NVIDIA driver atm.

And it should be obvious, lol. The fan doesn't even really spin on the video card. Wonder why it got hot?

given the amount of hdd's you go through im not surprised the gpu died randomly smile.png

Bought an MSI GT610 for $35

I assume it is okay? Before I open the package I thought I'd check.

This model:http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-PCI-Express-N610GT-MD2GD3-LP/dp/B008AJKIN2

Probably. I have cards that are better that you could have had for free....
thought el geeks at micro center might know a mirroring solution but alas they don't. Card is still sealed....but it was only $30
Read up...

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/500277/sli/second-monitors-and-sli-2-monitors-with-different-resolutions-with-sli/

that is extend I need mirror
That post on this forum is not what you are wanting? I am confused?

Post said..

I have 460GTXs in SLI and I can run a 1920x1080 @ 120hz monitor and a 1680x1050 monitor @ 60hz at the same time with SLI enabled (both monitors plugged into the primary card). I can even game in 3d on the primary and still have the second monitor displaying Windows just fine.

Sean wants the same desktop/GUI/interface mirrored on all displays. But some of his displays are a higher resolution than others.

So it results in dead bands on his higher than 1080, display or fucked up look on the other displays

im pretty sure its impossible.

i was playing around with my setup. 1080p TV in the living room and a 1200p monitor at my computer desk. I use the PC to play movies and music and control it via a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad thing. Rather then mirror and waste the resolution on the monitor i just extend the displays and use a few easy keyboard shortcuts to move programs around. Alternatively you could just enable and disable mirror mode w/ the window key + p. Other key bindings like alt+tab to select the window and the window key + arrow buttons to move it between screens work pretty well.

can you watch in both screens that way? A toggle that switches to 1080p everywhere works for me
yep
You do that in mirror?

if you enable mirror either through selecting the option or the window key + p hotkey the result is the same. Windows selects the resolution of the lowest monitor and displays the display across all the monitors. the hotkey is convenient in that you can toggle it on/off.

hot key idea is sweet too since I can manipulate them via automation too

Our you going to do singe or SLI?

Yep installed and it fixed the PC completely smile.png

Did you remove the ATI drivers in regedit..??

Mike, I would go with another distro that still uses gnome or KDE. I've been happy with Debian and gnome.

Yep installed and it fixed the PC completely smile.png

Hit me up if you  would like to try some third party nvida drivers.....May be able to write for your needs..wink.png  No B.S

Mike, I would go with another distro that still uses gnome or KDE. I've been happy with Debian and gnome.

LMAO!!

Ubuntu had moved the window buttons to the left side already for no reason retared!!. Matter of taste. A little "gconf" magic and the buttoms were back where they belong. The came Unity with its huge buttons and turned my power-user desktop setup into something as sexy a ticket vending machine. And it killed the scrollbar in favor of some fancy user-unfriendly gadget. shit gets real!I finally gave up on Ubuntu because it needed too many fixes to be "my desktop" and so I was happily back to Debian with Gnome 2 on my desktop. And while I still wondered what Gnome 3 will be about it suddenly poured onto my desktop with a package upgrade (I'm not running "stable"). There I was on Gnome 3 and couldn't believe it. A useless panel that couldn't be customized any more this is bull shit!!. The right mouse button was dead. My virtual desktops were on drugs. No more icons on the desktop. My windows just had a close button. I was sure that I had made a mistake when I upgraded my system but reading other blog posts I did it all right. Who did it all wrong was the UI shamans at the Gnome project.....LMAO...linux FTW!!

What the fuck did I just read.

LMAO!!

I should have said Mkader17--my bad boss.

What the fuck did I just read.

lol

LMAO!!

I should have said Mkader17--my bad boss.

ehh.gif

I'm failing to understand the point of posting random shit.

AMD based third partyehh.gif

Sprint is using five year old flash toons for its new commercials

ehh.gif                         

A dog with a keyboard would make more sense than you.

I'm failing to understand the point of posting random shit.

random?

lol....You should know what this is college boy...tongue.png

For sure if you was going to write a bot..smile.png