Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I have an LG Onstar/Handsfree package in the truck. Can I just remove it without ill effects? I'd like the real estate.

LG 20829984

Seth - any idea if my truck will complain if I take out the brain? I gutted the rest of the stereo today and figure that won't do anything for me so I'd yank it and use the space for something else if I could.

if you just yank it does it throw a load? I pulled my star unit out of her trunk without considering any problems. Got lucky i guess. 

Anal is always safer if you don't want kids.

You are a sick puppy...biggrin.png

Quoted tires yesterday. Going to stick with the 315/75R16s unfortunately. I can't justify the extra $400 in tires before wheel costs to get a narrower, tall tire.

Why not sell your current tires to recoop some of the cost? Or are they shot and thats the reason your shopping?

And if I wouldn't have re-geared In would drop back down to a 33"

Time for a Gear Vender OD unit or the likes!

Ultra is ok.

EDC is probably a much better time.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

Either way, I would love to go.

Come here in June, 4 day festival at an old, partly ruined, castle. 

No shit, what is it called?

Electric Castle

Look it up, it's going to be awesome. Prodigy, The Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Netsky and many more. 

There are some pretty sickly bands in the festivals going on this year. I am hoping to catch Twister Sister if possible, and quite a few others.

I know the 996 has an LS swap kit, but I would really like the 997 if I could find it.

expect the mods to cost more than the car lol

Yup.

This is more of a "5 year plan" project.

My real issue is the same thing you suffer from.

The initial research.

The easiest answer is trade in Helga, make my payment insane and get a 911 on warranty. But that won't satisfy my craving to massage a car into something just for me.

You have my vote Matt. Go for the gold baby!!

Ultra is ok.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

Electric Castle

Look it up, it's going to be awesome. Prodigy, The Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Netsky and many more. 

There are some pretty sickly bands in the festivals going on this year. I am hoping to catch Twister Sister if possible, and quite a few others.

Need Bonnaroo tickets maybe? I got the hook up biggrin.png

How to disable and remove Onstar

Interesting, finally got time to watch it. The whole box he has there I want to take out and sell with the Bose system. It is the handsfree as well which I won't use so it has no value to me and is nearly identical in size to my HD radio tuner which I'd like to plop in its place.

Honestly I only watched long enough to make sure I wasn't posting a vid with a total d-bag. 

Logic says the the on-star is an information collector, not a controller like the ECM. Throw the economics considered in engineering in there though and who knows. Hopefully worst case you mimic its purpose with a jumper or relay. Good luck either way mang.

How to disable and remove Onstar

Interesting, finally got time to watch it. The whole box he has there I want to take out and sell with the Bose system. It is the handsfree as well which I won't use so it has no value to me and is nearly identical in size to my HD radio tuner which I'd like to plop in its place.

Honestly I only watched long enough to make sure I wasn't posting a vid with a total d-bag. 

Logic says the the on-star is an information collector, not a controller like the ECM. Throw the economics considered in engineering in there though and who knows. Hopefully worst case you mimic its purpose with a jumper or relay. Good luck either way mang.

Best way to get rid of the northstar!!.. smile.png

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/_c637708_image_0_zpsx29iwdti.jpg.html'>_c637708_image_0_zpsx29iwdti.jpg

popcorn.gif

Ha, If I was serious I would go buy a 4.11 rear ring and then grab the 4.11 front that I have laying around, but I'm not going through that much work.

What is the best site that shows tires avaiable? I don't need the prices, just want to quickly scroll through and see height, width, etc...

I've been using tire size converter and it seems to do a pretty good job, but could always go for better.

morning.gif

Quoted tires yesterday. Going to stick with the 315/75R16s unfortunately. I can't justify the extra $400 in tires before wheel costs to get a narrower, tall tire.

Why not sell your current tires to recoop some of the cost? Or are they shot and thats the reason your shopping?

:P I run my tires down to the wear bar

Just snagged me a AK-74 for $500.00 smile.png

Fuck yea!!

What is the best site that shows tires avaiable? I don't need the prices, just want to quickly scroll through and see height, width, etc...

I only shop Tire Rack.

sad.png

Ultra is ok.

Been a loooooong time.

Electric Castle

to

Just prodigy alone would be awesome.

I felt way in 1993 but not really much sense

Ultra is ok.

Been a loooooong time.

Electric Castle

to

Just prodigy alone would be awesome.

I felt way in 1993 but not really much sense

??

Just snagged me a AK-74 for $500.00 smile.png

Fuck yea!!

Who made it? If that's stamped steel from some surplus that sounds expensive.

Just the rifle or a kit?

Just snagged me a AK-74 for $500.00 smile.png

Fuck yea!!

Who made it? If that's stamped steel from some surplus that sounds expensive.

Just the rifle or a kit?

Romanian...Solid rifle..used..

smile.png

I only shop Tire Rack.

Would you if you didn't live so close?

I only shop Tire Rack.

Would you if you didn't live so close?

Indeed.  They have the best prices, and are the most knowledgable.  They actually test all the tires they sell.