Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Any suggestions on local places to source MLV? Would a home improvement store carry anything like that or is it strictly for car audio?

Lowes used to carry "Peel&seal" I have seen people use this before a whole lot cheaper than you "sound deadener companies"  the lowes peal and seal is asphalt based wile most of your deadner compaines are butyl based...Some of the deadener is asphalt based as well..But depending on your climate conditions I would think twice In doing your "home improvent" deadening..As if you live in a warmer climate you will be dealing with a mess,and will be pissing in the wind to keep it applied to your trunk lid.ect.. If you have the budget I would suggest a reputable deadener company and butyl based material.
Peel & Seal is pointless in a car. Complete waste of money.

He also asked for mass loaded vinyl NOT deadener. Two completely different things. To block sound you NEED MASS. No other way around it. You also "cannot" have any leaks so 100% coverage is the goal.

Any suggestions on local places to source MLV? Would a home improvement store carry anything like that or is it strictly for car audio?

Lowes used to carry "Peel&seal" I have seen people use this before a whole lot cheaper than you "sound deadener companies"  the lowes peal and seal is asphalt based wile most of your deadner compaines are butyl based...Some of the deadener is asphalt based as well..But depending on your climate conditions I would think twice In doing your "home improvent" deadening..As if you live in a warmer climate you will be dealing with a mess,and will be pissing in the wind to keep it applied to your trunk lid.ect.. If you have the budget I would suggest a reputable deadener company and butyl based material.

He also asked for mass loaded vinyl NOT deadener. Two completely different things. To block sound you NEED MASS. No other way around it. You also "cannot" have any leaks so 100% coverage is the goal.

You might also read I said I would not suggest this,being you took time to read the post cool.png

Is that the ideal setup for a floor is to just lay MLV on top of CLD, 100% coverage?

I see on the roof they suggest 3M stuff and not MLV

The thinsulate really won't do all that much on the roof, it is just hard to hang decoupled heavy as MLV on the roof so something is better than nothing. The thinsulate is AWESOME in any transmission path like your pillars. Other cavities and such that sound goes through it is the ideal solution.

You applied way too much deadener. It won't hurt anything. I've done it when I have it as well. Coverage for it can be somewhat small, but the MLV needs to be 100%.

You might also read I said I would not suggest this,being you took time to read the post cool.png
You implied it was worthwhile for something, that it isn't. I clarified.

Plus he has deadener NOT at all what he asked for. He asked for MLV which you could generically just term as ANY heavy sheet material. Deadener is really light and sucks at blocking sound.

You implied it was worthwhile for something, that it isn't. I clarified.

Plus he has deadener NOT at all what he asked for. He asked for MLV which you could generically just term as ANY heavy sheet material. Deadener is really light and sucks at blocking sound.

No I did not? If anything I said it was a waste of time dummy huh2.gif

Quit picking on me Sean because you are jealous of my mullet!

madsign.gif

Would "great stuff" window and door be good for cavities? The specific area I'm talking about is the back of the truck where there is a big cavity below the rear window with a bunch of small holes. I could fill that with great stuff, but only the window and door version because I fe el the normal stuff could swell and bow the thin back wall...

Would "great stuff" window and door be good for cavities? The specific area I'm talking about is the back of the truck where there is a big cavity below the rear window with a bunch of small holes. I could fill that with great stuff, but only the window and door version because I fe el the normal stuff could swell and bow the thin back wall...

It won't. The only way it would possibly do that would be if you installed it through one hole and then sealed the hole directly after. The foam expands and cures with air, so it just simply can't expand enough to bow a panel. A two part foam that cures endothermically is a different story.

Well I build houses for a living and I know for a fact of you use great stuff to polyseal door or window jambs, it can push the door frame in and make closing the door impossible. I just know the power of great stuff, and I saw door and window version in home depot and assume that's less "strong" in the swelling power.

Just ordered me a sunvisor delete kit... smile.png

Sean quit cyber bullying me or I will have Seth violate you!! biggrin.png

Boo. Phone doesn't get here until June 8 sad.png

What!

Boooooooo!

I'll send you pics of mine when I get it on Wednesday.

Do you have a tracking number yet? That's what I thought too...

Perhaps my tracking number is padded?

I'm picking it up at the store.

I have an inside man putting one aside.

:D

And I can't wait, want to experiment with different wireless chargers for the car. Hopefully something is strong enough to hide behind the cup holder. Probably wishful thinking.

Boo. Phone doesn't get here until June 8 sad.png

What!

Boooooooo!

I'll send you pics of mine when I get it on Wednesday.

Do you have a tracking number yet? That's what I thought too...

Perhaps my tracking number is padded?

Your should get your tracking number by pigeon in a day or so.

Clay lube.

What should I buy long term?

What can I buy locally tomorrow?

I default to buying anything Meguire's or 3M in store, but they don't stock their detailer locally or I'm blind.

Bought the boy a new (to him) quad today. Took a nice long ride and scarfed up this TRX400EX for a great price. Had a great trip too. Sometimes we just need a little time with our kids as they get older to reset...

temp1123848450_zpsfvahoghn.jpg

Clay lube.

Seth is going to buy you some LUBE when he violates you,that is my big brother dummy..

Bought the boy a new (to him) quad today. Took a nice long ride and scarfed up this TRX400EX for a great price. Had a great trip too. Sometimes we just need a little time with our kids as they get older to reset...

HAHA!! Nice!!! I knew you was coming smile.png

Clay lube.

What should I buy long term?

What can I buy locally tomorrow?

I default to buying anything Meguire's or 3M in store, but they don't stock their detailer locally or I'm blind.

http://www.detailjuice.com/

Awesome!!!!

I hate being predictable.

Bet that little booger will fly!

Yeah, he is tired of the bike, and he rode a 400EX a few weeks ago with some friends. He really liked the way it handled and the torque. It is strong and linear, so it is great for wheelies and jumping. Of course, he loves riding wheelies and hitting jumps, so it was a good fit. I didn't want him in a TRX450R just yet (not linear at all, it's a very aggressive torque now kind of quad), so this seemed like a great compromise. Maybe I can sell that dirtbike now. As hard as he rides it I worry about him killing himself on it.