Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I have a lunch bag and a camera bag, and I don't really want those together. I also will want to bring my laptop and I will need to hold papers in it. Not the least of which can be deposits.

One of my laptop bags is a thinktank so that I can carry the DSLR as well.

I didn't know they made one like that... I will have to look into it.

I want duck so bad. It sounds so yummy. Think I will swing by the asain market and get me one tomorrow.

Duck stop off Dale?

Shuang hur

There is an awesome place near University and Dale. You'll see Ducks hanging in the window. I'd HIGHLY suggest it.

I will have to try it. Crispy and juicy?

I have been shopping and I need/want 2 new lenses. The goal is to get much faster set up.

My current is an 18-135 f/3.5-6. I have a LOT of problems with dim light. It is also a huge pain getting good depth of field in many situations. I also need something with more zoom.

My T4i is of course a crop sensor so what ever the mm is, it becomes 1.6 times that for zoom.

As of right now I am thinking a fast 50mm prime just as it is the gold standard and the ever versatile 70-200mm. From canon these are about 4000 or so for the top of the pops. That is a shit load of money.

Any lower cost suggestions? Maybe just buy the 50mm prime and save for the 70-200 and rent it if I ever need it?

You are going to hate me. The biggest problem you have is the T4i, not the glass for low light. Other option is a tripod.

50mm 1.4 is a bargain, I have one if you want to shoot it. Problem is that it is too long. A 40mm would be way better.

Well, the t4i did better than any other non full frame including the 7D at the time I tested them. Using the same glass for dark shooting it handled itself better. I also need the movie function. Moving up to a 5D is not something I can afford, even if I sold my rig.

The fastest my lens can be is 3.5, and that isn't that quick at all. Anything other that at 18 the f goes up and up to 5. That is dark compared to 2.8. I am not sure but I would also guess the larger higher priced lenses have better glass and let more light in.

Higher ISO without noise would be great but I can't afford that and a lens to shoot with.

Cheapest upgrade is a tripod. And yes I am the idiot that didn't bring one on my trip.

In lays got me a great one. I would have liked one with a ball joint but the one they got me is pretty good.

Or get something from Sigma.

Most Tamron and Sigma lenses aren't something you want IMO. I've made that mistake once. They do have sweet spots though. The Tokina 11-16 is a helluva wide. Like it better than the Canon equivalent.

I really wish they made a 70-200 2.8 in a cropped sensor format so it was sized like the 4.0. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The 2.8 is way too fucking big and a waste on a crop.

I loved using it! You call it a waste due to size and extra zoom?

Optics are sized for a full frame so you waste a ton of the glass. If they designed one specific for crops it'd be smaller.

GROW STRONGER!

It isn't that slow, but connecting to my home automation system remotely is interesting. Would allow me to stream anything I wanted to the boat alleviating duplicated storage and would allow me to use the audio front end I have at home.

Parabolic won't work too well although once anchored perhaps.

Might be easier to port forward your router to the computer with the home automatation and audio stuff, then use your phone to connect to your router. If you went that route then I would add a firewall to the computer that only allows your phone to connect to the ports for the home automation and audio.

If you setup a linux box then you could use firestarter for the firewall, and you could setup ssh so you could pretty much do anything.

Engrish prease?

A 50-130mm 2.8 crop sensor special IS STM would be sweet.

Fuck yes!

I want duck so bad. It sounds so yummy. Think I will swing by the asain market and get me one tomorrow.
Duck stop off Dale?
Shuang hur
There is an awesome place near University and Dale. You'll see Ducks hanging in the window. I'd HIGHLY suggest it.
Umm, do I make bad food rec'd?

Fucking nailed that interview. And now we play the waiting game.

Congrats.

Most Tamron and Sigma lenses aren't something you want IMO. I've made that mistake once. They do have sweet spots though. The Tokina 11-16 is a helluva wide. Like it better than the Canon equivalent.

I really wish they made a 70-200 2.8 in a cropped sensor format so it was sized like the 4.0. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The 2.8 is way too fucking big and a waste on a crop.

Optics are sized for a full frame so you waste a ton of the glass. If they designed one specific for crops it'd be smaller.
GROW STRONGER!
Ha, hand it to your wife once

And Matt, if you want to screw around with my nifty fifty you surely can.

Maybe when things settle I will bring a case of beer over and we can snap some shots, maybe creep out some people with our huge bulbous ....lenses.

BTW, adding IS to a 4.0 buys you better low light than using a 2.8.

I've been looking for a used 70-200 4.0 IS for that reason. Just a temp until I see what they release in a 2.8 for crop as I think it is eventually coming.

2.8 IS fool!

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then smile.png

I've been looking for a used 70-200 4.0 IS for that reason. Just a temp until I see what they release in a 2.8 for crop as I think it is eventually coming.

2.8 IS fool!
$2200 and its HUGE

Duck stop off Dale?

Shuang hur

Umm, do I make bad food rec'd?

LoL. Nope. My whole family thanks you for it. I have been dreaming about the yolk ravioli for weeks.

I meant do they have both styles? Juicy skin and crispy skin?

Though less popular I grew up on juicy skin dick so I order it more often.

GROW STRONGER!

Ha, hand it to your wife once

She asked for it for her grad present. And she might get it as everything.else fell through.

:-)

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then smile.png

I am thinking long term I may want a full frame some day. I have the potential to make some money off shooting... I just don't know if I want to turn something I like this much into an obligation even if it makes people and myself happy.

2.8 IS fool!

$2200 and its HUGE
Get the old version not the 2.0. I just saw it listed for 1300 new with a wheelbarrow full of free shit. The 70-200L USM ii IS was even sub 2k from that vendor.

I only spent 20 min looking too.

Edited by dem beats

Hows the trip Sean?

It was great. Dropped over $5k on food though

VAT for the motherfucking loss!!!

I have now outsold the people I work with every day that there are customers.

Yesterday I closed every guest and whipped the manager by 33 times his sales. I have done something similar a few times.

I really hope I get put somewhere awesome soon.

It isn't that slow, but connecting to my home automation system remotely is interesting. Would allow me to stream anything I wanted to the boat alleviating duplicated storage and would allow me to use the audio front end I have at home.

Parabolic won't work too well although once anchored perhaps.

Might be easier to port forward your router to the computer with the home automatation and audio stuff, then use your phone to connect to your router. If you went that route then I would add a firewall to the computer that only allows your phone to connect to the ports for the home automation and audio.

If you setup a linux box then you could use firestarter for the firewall, and you could setup ssh so you could pretty much do anything.

Engrish prease?

a.png

Ghetto Photoshop for the win LOL.

I'm presuming the home automation system has some sort of web client, so you can access it from any device on the local network.

So on your home network you can connect to the home automation system by going to the ip address in firefox? IE: 192.168.1.3:443

You can use port forwarding on your router to forward all traffic connecting to the router from the outside world (internet) for a specific port to a specific computer.

So if your router IP is 69.69.69.69 and it's setup to port forward 443 to 192.168.1.3 than connecting to 69.69.69.69:443 from your phone would be equivalent to connecting to 192.168.1.3:443 if you were home using wifi.

Edited by stefanhinote

I think I forgot something...naaa, I''m good...

nhuEFy3.jpg

Sean Check this link out. Best compare and contrast I can find. The downside is the apperature for the 7D when you use this VS the t4i is a stop different.

The the 18megapixle sensor is about the same... and the ISO on the t4i is reated higher on paper and in my short tests with both on the 1.4 lens. Obviously it was limited, but even at that difference going to a 7D wouldn't be enough improvement for me. Maybe the new 7d would be work it, but my guess is the full frame would be the best choice for better ISO. I just have to get better at my part.

I couldn't bring a tripod last time so the 70-200 USM L ii IS was at the top of my list as the IS on that bad boy buys you 4 stops or so. Huge improvement, and you CAN if needed use it as a portrait lens if you need to. As you said it's heavy though.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/28

eff it. I need a 1dx.

Costs more than my truck but who cares when the photo's is so sweeeeeet.