Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If it was me I'd get a Fuji x100 or similar and be happy.     

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then :)

I am thinking long term I may want a full frame some day. I have the potential to make some money off shooting... I just don't know if I want to turn something I like this much into an obligation even if it makes people and myself happy.

If you don't mind my asking, shooting what and for who?

J

I think I forgot something...naaa, I''m good...

nhuEFy3.jpg

Kinda funny, but at first glance, the damage appears to be a shadow of the Warner Bros. Tazmanian Devil.

I was thinking the Kool-Aid man bust through the wheel, but the Tazmanian devil fits better.  Do they even have that on TV anymore?  

Though less popular I grew up on juicy skin dick so I order it more often.

Definitely less popular with me. Fuck, no dick here. I won't judge you though.

I want duck so bad. It sounds so yummy. Think I will swing by the asain market and get me one tomorrow.
Duck stop off Dale?
Shuang hur
There is an awesome place near University and Dale. You'll see Ducks hanging in the window. I'd HIGHLY suggest it.
I will have to try it. Crispy and juicy?
Umm, do I make bad food rec'd?
LoL. Nope. My whole family thanks you for it. I have been dreaming about the yolk ravioli for weeks.

I meant do they have both styles? Juicy skin and crispy skin?

Juicy skin? Not sure that translates well. This time I'll assume you meant duck before I put your other comment in my sig.

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then smile.png

I am thinking long term I may want a full frame some day. I have the potential to make some money off shooting... I just don't know if I want to turn something I like this much into an obligation even if it makes people and myself happy.
I think full frames will be gone in not so long. The advantages of the sensor are going away and along with it the need. Of course resolving beyond the glass of lower sized optics is easier, but that day isn't here yet.

BTW, adding IS to a 4.0 buys you better low light than using a 2.8.

I've been looking for a used 70-200 4.0 IS for that reason. Just a temp until I see what they release in a 2.8 for crop as I think it is eventually coming.

2.8 IS fool!
$2200 and its HUGE
Get the old version not the 2.0. I just saw it listed for 1300 new with a wheelbarrow full of free shit. The 70-200L USM ii IS was even sub 2k from that vendor.

I only spent 20 min looking too.

Lots of SHADY vendors. If it is cheaper than B&H then it has quality issues.

It isn't that slow, but connecting to my home automation system remotely is interesting. Would allow me to stream anything I wanted to the boat alleviating duplicated storage and would allow me to use the audio front end I have at home.

Parabolic won't work too well although once anchored perhaps.

Might be easier to port forward your router to the computer with the home automatation and audio stuff, then use your phone to connect to your router. If you went that route then I would add a firewall to the computer that only allows your phone to connect to the ports for the home automation and audio.

If you setup a linux box then you could use firestarter for the firewall, and you could setup ssh so you could pretty much do anything.

Engrish prease?
a.png

Ghetto Photoshop for the win LOL.

I'm presuming the home automation system has some sort of web client, so you can access it from any device on the local network.

So on your home network you can connect to the home automation system by going to the ip address in firefox? IE: 192.168.1.3:443

You can use port forwarding on your router to forward all traffic connecting to the router from the outside world (internet) for a specific port to a specific computer.

So if your router IP is 69.69.69.69 and it's setup to port forward 443 to 192.168.1.3 than connecting to 69.69.69.69:443 from your phone would be equivalent to connecting to 192.168.1.3:443 if you were home using wifi.

First off, you rock. Thank you. I am a networking noob.

ie, I've heard the term port forward before and even saw it in my HA software but had no fucking idea how it worked. Time to google some shit on PF.

Oh and you do realize that the difference between version I and II of the 70-200 is IS right? ie, the F4 with IS for the same price buys you almost the same image quality and capability if not more so with a much smaller package.

I was thinking the Kool-Aid man bust through the wheel, but the Tazmanian devil fits better.  Do they even have that on TV anymore?  

You're right, the Kool-Aid man is more fitting.

Using the dp drop downs I am a bit surprised that the 7D isn't way better. Neither work at all beyond 3200 which I didn't think was the case. Next version will trump the 5D though which seems the same at 12800 as the other two on 3200.

Both kill the 550d which has to kill my 450d. Doh.gif

I REALLY could have used more in Europe as well sad.png

Double poop, I'm wrong there was an IS that wasn't version 2

Fucking nailed that interview. And now we play the waiting game.

:woot: 

Good luck man !

Hows the trip Sean?

It was great. Dropped over $5k on food though

VAT for the motherfucking loss!!!

Oh, tell me about it. 24% VAT...

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then :)

If you don't mind my asking, shooting what and for who?

J

Well I have been done pre and post photos at 2 weddings and a few concerts. Also some family functions with video.

I haven't been the main photographer, but I could have if I had invested in portrait friendly lenses, and flashes/reflectors. I really should call the photographer who did our wedding. Ask him his opinion. He is a photo journalist primarily, but did an AMAZING job for our wedding. He is a fantastic guy.

Most wedding guys are effing D bags. Obviously we all need portraits, but 99.9% of an event like that is the bride, and the people she loves and the day. It shouldn't be a photoshoot IMHO with tons of manufacturing of shots.

Oh and you do realize that the difference between version I and II of the 70-200 is IS right? ie, the F4 with IS for the same price buys you almost the same image quality and capability if not more so with a much smaller package.

Yup.

Who is B&H?

I like digital rev. I assumed them to be reputable.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38620480

4 or 2.8

Reading further down it looks like F4 v1 > F2.8 v1

That is what I have been reading up on. Everything I read shows the 2.8 v ii to beat them all even wide open for sharpness. I will have to look at the DP compare page on something other than my phone or horrible work monitor.

What I do know is if the 2.8 v ii IS is what everyone hollars about I won't be left wanting.

First I need to get Lightroom. And learn my camera a bit better. The one downside of the t4i is the upside. Less buttons.

I want duck so bad. It sounds so yummy. Think I will swing by the asain market and get me one tomorrow.

Duck stop off Dale?

Shuang hur

There is an awesome place near University and Dale. You'll see Ducks hanging in the window. I'd HIGHLY suggest it.

I will have to try it. Crispy and juicy?

Umm, do I make bad food rec'd?

LoL. Nope. My whole family thanks you for it. I have been dreaming about the yolk ravioli for weeks.

I meant do they have both styles? Juicy skin and crispy skin?

Juicy skin? Not sure that translates well. This time I'll assume you meant duck before I put your other comment in my sig.

...yes. Duck.

I don't think I have ever eaten penis other than in spam and hotdogs.

If it is a ways out I will have either a 7D m2 or 70D by then smile.png

I think full frames will be gone in not so long. The advantages of the sensor are going away and along with it the need. Of course resolving beyond the glass of lower sized optics is easier, but that day isn't here yet.

You might be right. But I don't see it "soon".

Then again I don't care too much, I want another body because it's nice to have 2 if the wife and I go out. And if I go full frame it's like doubling our lens collection.

:-)

Yup.

Who is B&H?

I like digital rev. I assumed them to be reputable.

LOL.