Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I have been shopping and I need/want 2 new lenses. The goal is to get much faster set up.

My current is an 18-135 f/3.5-6. I have a LOT of problems with dim light. It is also a huge pain getting good depth of field in many situations. I also need something with more zoom.

My T4i is of course a crop sensor so what ever the mm is, it becomes 1.6 times that for zoom.

As of right now I am thinking a fast 50mm prime just as it is the gold standard and the ever versatile 70-200mm. From canon these are about 4000 or so for the top of the pops. That is a shit load of money.

Any lower cost suggestions? Maybe just buy the 50mm prime and save for the 70-200 and rent it if I ever need it?

50mm of course but what about a cheaper lens than the high end canon prime, You don't need and really won't see the benefits from the high end so why get it first when you can drop so much less money to get your goal.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU

I am waffling on the 1/4 or 1/2.

right now I have have so many shots wrecked because of lower light. So I could benefit from either. If you do start pixel peeping, the 1/2 and 1/4 are really close. The build quality of the 1/8 is really bad, and is extremely hard to use. The focus ring is a bitch.

I may not have such a hard time with using the 1/4. But I got to use the 1/2 and even not knowing too much about photography it is built better.

Other solution is get a better body and bump that ISO up to combat the low light.

The canon doesn't have an auto ISO feature?

Of course, but the highest Fstop of 3.5 in low lowlight is not cutting it. Even worse when zoomed.

Slow zoomed glass ruined some wedding shots. Hence why I will spend the $$$ on the best zoom.

Maybe I will just pick up the 1/8...

going from 3.6 to 1.8 is pretty insane I know my 50mm does extremely well at low light. You could look for a 1.4 but theyre much more expensive.

I am not concerned with the 1/8 not being enough for 99.999999% of everything I want to do and more.

It is a REALLY cheep feeling lens. Like uber cheep. And Fucking loud. That makes a difference for video.

I liken it to the cheep off brand set of pliars compared to a solid made snap on or similar tool. I have all the faith in the world it will do the job when it works, I just have low faith in it working for long.

voxifit_now-this-is-how-it-is-done.gif

Well hello love.

she tried to rob him.. fuck her.

Wow.

If someone came and to sell you a subwoofer and just took your money and walked out, then what?

I think it is completely absurd, I wouldn't want to kill someone over any physical item... However lets say it was a man and you tackled him chasing him down. When he landed he went temple first into a curb.

You didn't try to kill that dude.

Technically the crime was theft, prostitution doesn't even to come into play dice he never got fucked. Legally this is a just ruling.

It doesn't really feel good, and is maybe not so "ethical" however.

You're changing the situation.

I wouldn't shoot someone because they "stole" $150.00 from me. He could have easily gotten his money back without shooting her.

you sound so sure?  explain ?

how do you know she didnt have a  knife? or her pussy ass pimp was not outside with a gun but left when he heard the gun shots?

how do you get money back from shady hookers? tongue.png

I said I wouldn't shoot someone because they stole some money from me. I never said I wouldn't defend myself if my life was being threatened.

I'm not going to play the what if game to try and justify his actions.

CALM DOWN buddy adhd.gif

85F inside my house, this is some bullshit.

Too hot? Where I work, it's never below 85. Add the nearly constant 90% humidity and you quickly learn to love 80.

Yep. After doing shit outside in 100F+ weather I like to be in a cool house. :)

Fortunately we don't get humidity here.

ZJ proportioning valve installed today, all is well, the front locks up instead of the rear. Functionally, the brake conversion is done, time for cosmetic touches. 

Shaved lots of stuff today. Gas cap cover, back wiper, back window washer, LPG cap. Some more sanding needed, then primer and paint.

Up to 88F now lol

Neal :)

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo4_1280.jpg

Dude that is BAD ASS!!!!!

J

Up to 88F now lol

Guess I should have been okay with 85F Ryan, 90F now. laugh.png

AC keeps tripping the fuse. Might be the packrats eating all the wires.

Edited by stefanhinote

Fucking rodents.  It's always the rodents.  Those fuckers will eat anything.

It was 78 in my house when I got home.  I had to switch the AC on.

I setup the old school traps and kill about 1-2 everyday. Never ending war.

The Mirai gonna be picked on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 78 in my house when I got home.  I had to switch the AC on.

thats about where out house stays ... and it seems very cold when its over 100 outside with 30% humidity or higher.. sucks...

its better then fla shit most days were 80+ humidity and its so nasty when you go to bed and your sheets are damp. eww

Today was about 85 with 90% humidity.

Normally in August it'll be 95-100 with 95-100% humidity.

A/C stays at 72 around here

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Today was about 85 with 90% humidity.

Normally in August it'll be 95-100 with 95-100% humidity.

A/C stays at 72 around here

oh yeah i bet thats a swappy area....  you know what im talking about!!!!

funny,. when we go to out house in AZ ( i havent been there in 18 years or so) but we done use an A/c we use a swap cooler.... we add humidity to the air to make it cooler.  crazy how good  something you normally hate can feel in such a dry climate

How Ironic, I've been searching all week for a new way to sharpen my chisels.  How much money?

50$ for the wheels, went to Menards and paid 90$ for a 6" grinder to put them on.  I've sharpened a couple of folding knives on it and am just impressed.  Next week I'll sharpen my chisels and some lathe tools on it. 

I got the wheels from Grizzly's website, if you follow the link there are a ton of vendors that sell this thing. 

Took two dull pocket knives to shave hair baby smooth in just minutes. 

Neal :)

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo3_1280.jpg

Nice, did you do the make up?

tumblr_mji1x1OK281r26q8eo4_1280.jpg