eikm

Where is my glue???????

I ordered a ib3 recone and glue 3 months ago. I got my recone with no glue about 1 1/2 months ago. FI/shawn has said he has shipped it 3 times. Should I just go to the hardware store and get some epoxy? Not Happy, i paid for the glue but ................... this is b/s

Just order it from psi, its the same quality glue Fi uses. They ship really fast, you would probably get it by tuesday.

Just order it from psi, its the same quality glue Fi uses. They ship really fast, you would probably get it by tuesday.

Partexpress also sells it.

I just use amazing goop marine.

You don't have to order it. Go to walmart or any store that has a section for adhesives and get Loctite. This is the right stuff. Just make sure you look on the back to see if it says a ingredient like cyanocr.... It's CA glue and that's what you would get from FI.

You don't have to order it. Go to walmart or any store that has a section for adhesives and get Loctite. This is the right stuff. Just make sure you look on the back to see if it says a ingredient like cyanocr.... It's CA glue and that's what you would get from FI.

Agreed if you have time go grab some and ask for a refund.

0007934068746_500X500.jpg

There ya go bro. That's the one I used for my recone before and also used it for A LOT of other things. Really good strong shit. Just dont get any on your hands, clothing or anything you don't want glued haha I'm sure there are other loctite products that will be pretty much the same but in different little bottle. The .31 oz size should be enough also.

Cyanoacrylate is the word you are looking for; it's superglue.

We use Cyber Bond

Wow thanks for all the input. I just sent a request for a refund. I wonder how long PSI takes to make an 18 IB sub.

I now run a 24db high pass at 16hz with a mic 2200. A 12db just was not enough for how loud I go. Tron has more bass than anything I have played, besides sines. The FI IB318 subs are very nice just wish the Fs was lower but no other sub can beat that sub for the price in IB. This will be my first recone done by myself. The first recone, done by FI, came back with a different colored dust cap. It was close so I did not care too much.

I now run a 24db high pass at 16hz with a mic 2200. A 12db just was not enough for how loud I go. Tron has more bass than anything I have played, besides sines. The FI IB318 subs are very nice just wish the Fs was lower but no other sub can beat that sub for the price in IB. This will be my first recone done by myself. The first recone, done by FI, came back with a different colored dust cap. It was close so I did not care too much.

I'm sorry about your bad experiences with Fi. I can tell you from being a customer for a long time, they are working hard to get better. They are swamped with subwoofer and recone build orders, that they put their all into everyday to get them right. Although, psi is a good woofer builder/fixer upper, it will not be done at the level of quality Fi builds their stuff. (Even though that shiny carbon fiber dustcap on your psi woofer says F it!) And psi would be a lot more expensive a, they don't specialize in mass prod of woofers.

FI shipped my glue out today. They need to hire more people and raise prices on subs, IMOHO. Reminds me of the Soup Nazi off Seinfeld. Some of the best products but customer service is lacking

Order #494

Order Date: 3rd Nov 2012

Your Order Contains:

• 1 x IB3-Recone
    (Size: 18 +$20, Coil: Single 4, Basket: No, Send in sub: No)
  • 1 x Adhesive Kit
    (Size: 3oz +$4)

Cyanoacrylate is the word you are looking for; it's superglue.

The CA Fi will sell you is not superglue. superglue is ethyl- 2-cyanocrylate, (C6H7NO2) the glue Fi sells is a black glue methyl-2-cyanocrylate. This glue polymerizes very quickly with the activator, which consists mostly of water and other added materials to increase hydrogen ions in the activator the help it harden. Although its properties are similiar to super glue, it is not, it allows you some control over the glue and timing or the polymerization (hardening).

You csn pick up the CA glue & activator at a hobby store. Its like 5 bucks. Just fyi

Edited by DreDay256

0007934068746_500X500.jpgThere ya go bro. That's the one I used for my recone before and also used it for A LOT of other things. Really good strong shit. Just dont get any on your hands, clothing or anything you don't want glued haha I'm sure there are other loctite products that will be pretty much the same but in different little bottle. The .31 oz size should be enough also.

I've used this stuff to put my dust cap back only thing it's not rubberized, if you ha a RC hobby shop neer you they may have the rubberized CA glue and accelerator.

i can tell you ive been waitin since late november on an order and up to now havent gotten any confirmation that the order has been shipped shawn sait it was supposed to be shipping out the next day when i spoke to him and no response after that. and ive got project show cars on hold because of this. its dissapointing in my opinion because they have an awesome product.