garychurch84

2k budget

On a serious note.What would you do on a 2k budget.this includes HU,componets,subs,amp,box,electrical,etc?

goals

I want my bass to get low and sound good doin it

Need to give more details, like is it for your

98 Pontiac? How much space do you have for subs? gonna put them in the trunk? take out the back seats? Whats your max enclosure dimensions?

Edited by DanP

98 Pontiac? How much space do you have for subs? gonna put them in the trunk? take out the back seats? Whats your max enclosure dimensions?

yes its for my 98 grand prix.36"w x 16"h x28"d.I will keep my back seats in

Pioneer 9400BH for HU

Dual Xcons if they can fit

Crescendo Mezzo Comps

Crescendo 2K/Audioque 2200D

KnuKon wires

DC or Starr Moutain Enclosure

MB Quart Onx4.80 4 channel

XS power D3400 with the change left over.

I like change left over lol

Pioneer 9400BH for HU

Crescendo Mezzo Comps

KnuKon wires

uh, this doesn't sound like a good setup.

Make sure with those dimensions you have enough room to get the box in the trunk, you must remember the angle it has to go in at. With close to those dimensions you would b able to go with either 2 XCON 12"s or 2 12" ICONS in around 4.5-5.5 cubic feet (depending on which sub) tuned between 30-35 based on your listening preference.

Pioneer 9400BH for HU

Crescendo Mezzo Comps

KnuKon wires

I think that list sounds pretty good other than I dont like the Pioneer Headunits, Many people love them though I just dont like the layout. Another problem with that setup is you would be quite a bit over budget.

These prices are guesstimates

headunit +/- $200,

Xcons $850

components +/-$200

bc2000amp $480

Wires +/-$200

Speaker amp $150-200

D3400 $260

Total: Approximately $2,400 plus box.

Going used would save you some money, or go with 2 Icons.

so we have 2 xcons with 2000 watts on tap, but an inefficient pair of comps playing 99% of the frequency range...and you call that "good"?

I didnt say to go with the mezzo comps. Id go withwhatever the op thinks sounds best. Other than the comps and speaker amp i think the list looks good

Make sure with those dimensions you have enough room to get the box in the trunk, you must remember the angle it has to go in at. With close to those dimensions you would b able to go with either 2 XCON 12"s or 2 12" ICONS in around 4.5-5.5 cubic feet (depending on which sub) tuned between 30-35 based on your listening preference.

Pioneer 9400BH for HU

Crescendo Mezzo Comps

KnuKon wires

I think that list sounds pretty good other than I dont like the Pioneer Headunits, Many people love them though I just dont like the layout. Another problem with that setup is you would be quite a bit over budget.

These prices are guesstimates

headunit +/- $200,

Xcons $850

components +/-$200

bc2000amp $480

Wires +/-$200

Speaker amp $150-200

D3400 $260

Total: Approximately $2,400 plus box.

Going used would save you some money, or go with 2 Icons.

Not only this but, I'm pretty sure his stock alternator wont like this setup very much either. Even with the extra battery power.

instead of trying to purchase everything at once, I would instead take my time. You have to realize, this hobby isn't a one stop shop. It takes many worked hours just to buy one piece of equipment, but takes only a few clicks to purchase something new. Keeping this in mind, I would buy things piece by piece. Keeping you're ears out there for any used equipment. This accomplishes many things. It allows your budget to be increased. Because obviously, the longer you wait to make any kind of purchase, your budget begins to grow, over time. This method also allows you to find golden jems that might surface at a later date. I would suggest starting off with a good headunit, as it is the brains of the operation. From there, you could work towards your mids/highs and the amp for those. While doing this, I would suggest buying and installing the backbone of your system. This would include things such as speaker wire, power wire, fuses, RCAs, etc. That way when you remove panels, you only have to do this once. Pre-run as much as possible. KnuKoncepts, Madisound.com, parts-express.com and darvex.com are great websites that can get you started.

For that vehicle, I would suggest two 12s. And a good amp with at least 1-2 g31 batteries. Just take your time and go through build logs here on the forums to gather some ideas. And honestly, 2k$ is not a lot to work with, not for anything decent, you are going to want more and more cost money lol. Just being honest man. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

You could go with the Icons as mentioned earlier, and your choice of comps. Definitely shop around, you can find good amps for cheap.

I'll be placeing some of my orders Thursday.the icons will be apart of that aswell

2 Icons on 1500-2000 watts rms would be very nice !

I don't like MB Quart amps, but it should work, bridged on a good set of comps.

Good luck, ... and make a build log here if you can :)

Icons on a 1500 bdcp is my plan.just can't wait till tomorrow,to get started

Just got my two icons order along with the nendo bc2000,changed my mind on the rf.hope I didn't make a mistake on that.

The BC2Ks are fun amps bro. I have two strapped @4K and they do pretty darn good. Lots of clean power with those lil Amps, and plenty for your Icons.

Got my DC box ordered today

How long do you guys think it wil take to get my order.or how long does it take on average

Went with the icons.been lookin at them for some time now lol

How long do you guys think it wil take to get my order.or how long does it take on average

5-6 weeks.