Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

Upgrade or re buy?

I had a kid at school offer me $700 cash for my SA15s in the box. I payed 500 for the subs and box new so i'm almost positive i'm going to do it. Now, the question is do I buy the exact same subs and get a box built and take the $200 profit and get some components or something like that or do I slightly upgrade. If upgrade, what would be some good subs to look at. I'm running an saz2500 for my amp

Good deal !!!

Look at the subs available in the SSA store.

I would say some icons would be a good buy. They would take the power you have and are in the price range.

how would the icons compare to the sundowns i currently have?

I would go with how happy you were with your last set up. If you can't turn it up all the way cause of ear shattering bass, and you couldn't be happier, I would rebuy. Or of you think there could be something you can improve on, then upgrade.

Or at least this time have the box built better (if possible)

Get a zcon. Wont be disappointed

how would the icons compare to the sundowns i currently have?

I'm not sure how they would as I haven't used both but I know people swear by the icons so it would be a good suggestion to look into. I also stated because their power handling is within your power and they fit your budget.

With a 700$ budget, I would definately upgrade to something like a single Zcon. Get a big box and big ass port.

i like what somebody else mentioned. if you were happy with your last setup and have no need for anything else then i would go back to what you had, but if you want something more musical and something that'll still get down i would pick up some Icons. base everything off of your last setup with your likes and dislikes then go from there

^ thank you chill for agreeing with me.

It makes sense :)

i have like a $600 budget because i need about 100 for the box supplies. I do like the icons power handling but i've never personally heard them is my only concern with them.

Sounds like a trip to YouTube might help you out a bit.

Try to find videos that show set ups close to your own. See how you like them compared to the sundowns.

Again, if you were perfectly happy with your old set up just do that again, if you think you could use an upgrade go for it. Good luck by the way

I know you won't be unimpressed with then, icons are great, however in your specific setup its a shot in the dark if you trying to exactly compare the sundowns. I would only go with icons if you REALLY think you could benefit from another sub.

Was there anything you want to improve on your old setup? Pros and cons?

youtube will not give you the best example of whether or not a system is louder of sounds better. i can assure you though that the icons will be just as loud and they will sound better doing it. i'm a Sundown fan also, but Sundown doesn't have a sub that dirrectly competes with the Icon atm. if i personally had to choose one over the other i would choose the Icon

Good point. I agree.

If there isnt a problem (Other than no personal experience) I would go ICON.

This is of course only if there is a way to improve your old system. If you thought you were missing some SQ at high volumes go for the ICON.

I'm upgrading my system because of its faults, I wouldn't go a different route if I was already happy. I would take the profit and move on, but In my case I would like an upgrade so I wouldn't go and buy the same set up.

Sounds like a trip to YouTube might help you out a bit. Try to find videos that show set ups close to your own. See how you like them compared to the sundowns. Again, if you were perfectly happy with your old set up just do that again, if you think you could use an upgrade go for it. Good luck by the way

Yea youtube is not the best place to go since you can't personally hear the subs and all your listening to is the distortion on the camera. Unless it's a badass camera lol Also some cars shake and show flex way more than others. My 21" warden didn't flex my old trailblazer much more than my friend's 2 12 p3s in his focus. Obviously mine was much louder, but from a video you couldn't really tell.

Your correct. (See my previous comment)

I wish everyone on YouTube had sick cameras to record car audio with, I'd spend allot more time on it then. Lol.

I really want to upgrade, I thought my system was good, a jeep pulled up behind me and its bass was louder in my car then my own subs can do -.- jealous

No idea what he had

You posted your post before I did haha

Yea it would be a lot better if everyone did!!

I hate when people have louder bass than me in person lol hasn't happened to me in a while but I get so jealous when it happens hahahah

Haha, Idc if there's is louder then mine cause I got a nice deal and I know mine aren't the best but... When there behind me and louder than me in my own car...that's some mad jealously from me haha

Well it's not that I hate them or anything lol it just make me want to upgrade my bass then which means more money spent!!!

Lol true that.

I am interested on how this turns out tho, what ever direction this guy takes, sundown or sas, I'm really looking forward go how it turns out. Maybe some pics and vids.