Sign in to follow this  
On3Hundr3dProof

new mids/highs choices

so im looking at getting new mids and highs to compliment my MOJOs im putting in. im looking for very loud to keep up with the substage but also still great sq. im most likely going to be running either option on a Kicker 11ZX650.4(http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2061ZX6504/Kicker-11ZX650-4.html?tp=35782) 120x4 @ 4ohm. looking at either IA 6.5 and 6x9 coaxials or Alpine type R 6.5 and 6x9 coaxials. dont have any experience with either set and wanna see if someone can lead me in the right direction for my goals.

Type R's get very loud and handle power great. That would be my choice between the two. I have 4 of them in my truck for 3 years. 

A lot of people on here recommend you just focus on the front set and to not get 6x9s

Whats wrong with the setup you have listed in your Signature ?

the m classes run 40-50w and i really wanna get an actual 4 channel instead of the power pack. also 6x9s are in my front doors lol and the 6.5s go in the rear doors.

wanna run coaxials in stock locations right now. open to other suggestions also. only reason i wanna run the kicker amp is i can get new kicker products dicounted. how are soundstream SSTs?

Edited by On3Hundr3dProof

Polk mm's 6.5 components high sensitivity and its 2.7ohms.

I'm gonna put Hertz HSK 165 6.5's in my jimmy. I heard Alpine,Kenwood, JL and Poke when checking speakers out and Nothing came close to the Hertz in sound quality. They sounded 

ridiculously clear and the tweeter did not hurt my ears like some others did. Here in Canada where I live everything is really expensive compared to other places. A lot more then the prices in 

the usa. For sound quality and price nothing came close. Others sounded real good too but hundreds of dollars more and honestly I couldn't hear no difference.  They are around 400 bucks

here so assuming cheaper wherever you are.

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm   underthe High-energy series.

Edited by Canucknoob

those look a little over my budget. might be doable though. they really worth the price? 650+ for 6.5s and 6x9s..

Edited by On3Hundr3dProof

anyone know anything about CDT Audio speakers and how they perform?

They ain't bad, you would be very happy with the Type R coaxials. I am pretty picky and they impressed me a lot. My truck had 4 4x6's in it when I bought it, sounded great and loud

Yeah think I'm doing the type r 6.5s and 6x9s on the kicker amp. Kinda wanted to try the polk mm's but the 6x9s are too deep.