Sign in to follow this  
aimone

building a box inside the trunk

ok so i've got an sp4 15 on the way. its going in the trunk of a 94 lincoln mark 8. i've built a box already thats a tight fit to get into the trunk and its only 3.5ft^3 tuned at 33hz. ive got plenty of trunkspace left the problem is getting anything bigger thru the trunk opening. so im coming to you guys for help/tips for building in the trunk. so what would be the easiest was to assemble in the trunk?

Not the easiest thing to do, make sure you make all of your cuts first. Once you actually start to assemble inside the trunk, I used L brackets in order to screw the peices together which seemed to work fairly well.

I had a 93 MarkVIII

Loved that car, I replaced the air ride with struts and shocks, had 2 15's in the trunk.

I had a awesome setup in that car and when I get more free time today I will try to explain alittle but of how it was setup.

I put it all together outside of the car with just a couple screws on each piece then use a kreg jig to make pocket holes all along the inside of the box, then put it together from the inside of the box, inside the trunk....makes it really easy and can have the box exactly as big as the trunk if you want,........also I usually clamp and glue the port pieces to the bottom piece outside of the car and slide that in first( (if its able to fit with port pieces on) )then just glue/clamp/screw the rest of the pieces together from the inside of the box.

The kreg jig is less than 20 bucks also. Its WELL worth it. Makes it 100 times easyer

Edited by frogcase2002

I do not know why you purchased if  you are having trouble simply putting it in the trunk goyou.gif

swift--- i love my mark and am looking into swapping out the air ride im either gonna use all the suspension out of a thunderbird the same year or going with a oem airbag kit i found in town for less then $500... and very interesred to hear how you squeezed two 15's in the trunk

frogcase--- i was looking into the kreg thing last night is this the one your talking bout? http://www.amazon.com/Kreg-MKJKIT-Mini-Jig-Kit/dp/B00065WPP2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361557196&sr=8-4&keywords=pocket+screw+jig+kit

mlcantin--- because i couldnt beat the price and wanted a 15...also planned on building in the trunk from the start that way noone can get it out in a hurry

1.:take the trunk lid off.

Drop it in.

2:Take the trunk lid off

if it doesn't fit cut out whats stopping it and weld it back up..

frogcase--- i was looking into the kreg thing last night is this the one your talking bout? http://www.amazon.com/Kreg-MKJKIT-Mini-Jig-Kit/dp/B00065WPP2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361557196&sr=8-4&keywords=pocket+screw+jig+kit

Yep that's it

djjdnap---- on #2 i like your way of thinking lol

frogcase--- so they work pretty good? ill have to get one and try it out

sorry bout the way i reply i dont know how to work the quote/multiquote thing

Edited by aimone