Sign in to follow this  
Sniperofgods

Best Car alarms ?

i have been looking into going into after market for my car alarm and i have looked at reviews and a lot of them point out the Viper 5901. I know with the viper alarms you have to have them installed by a professional installer in order to retain the warranty.
I am just looking for an alarm that will notifiy me if my vehcile is getting broken into etc, shock sensors are a plus as well as other cool features but if there are better out there for the price then let me know.

Thanks in advance, just looking to get something that i could run outside and catch the person in the act and or call the cops etc.

I have the top avital with remote stwtt and its OK the two way key fob sucks dick it has a terrible range especially if there are things in the way of it. But overall as an alarm its great.

I may make the viper switch but probably not anytime soon

I only have the one shock sensor that it comes with and it is actually able to determin where the shock was located at.

Avital is a good two way alarm that is cheaper than the viper.

Vipers cosmetically have the best remotes

Nice, do you have to have a professional install the autopage in order to retain your warranty?

If nothing else it should still be a lot cheaper to install, and if I don't need a "professional" to install it then it will make it a ton cheaper as well.

The fobs are where companies stick you.

I got a 80$ alarm came wt 2 fobs, broke 1, so i decided hey let me get another 1 and its more than the alarm now, smh.

If you can install the Autopage and know what you are doing go for it. If you call they may provide the data sheet for your particular installation. I did have mine installed by a local shop.

I will probably just have a installer do it, did you have to get a bypass module for you ride ?

I am pretty sure I am gonna have to get one. Dont know if the installers include thst in their price or something though.

No I didn't need the bypass module. I think you will like it. Nice alarm, plenty of features and loud.

I have a Viper 5704.  Love it.  The alarm alert is noticeable and the alarm is sufficient.  No problems, and looks great.  The fob's been well.  Got it installed mid January and the first time I had to charge it was last week.  Pretty good, I'd say.