Sign in to follow this  
handman84

SDS Door Treatment

A few pics of my latest project. CLD CCF and MLV on all 4 doors. WAY more time consuming than I anticipated but I am pleased with the results. With Don's help it was really straight forward and not too complicated just super time consuming to get the fit just right with as much coverage as possible. Worth every hour.

post-25586-0-45485300-1362715398_thumb.j

and for some reason I cant post any more pics sad.png

Find out how to put more pics!!! I've cld tiled my front doors but looking to do the rest.

It says I have exceeded my limit...trippy.gif

Stripped

Cutout

Finished Product

Front Drivers Side Door

The pic of the CLD was too big but im sure everyone is familliar with that anyway. I love the idea of hanging the barrier with velcro so you can get to the internals easily if need be. The strips Don offers are strong as hell and stick very well.

There is CCF behind the MLV but I am horrible at taking pics when I get into a project, sorry. Especially with how time consuming this one was for me

Nice! I'm bad at taking pics while doing stuff lol

looking good... wish they weren't such small thumbnails.... got link to your photo album?

Do you have a before and after comparison? I would like to ccf and mlv my doors also just haven't coughed up the money yet. I'm curious on just how much of a difference this treatment can have

I am pleased with the results. I am in a 96 Honda so Power strokes and other trucks are right at door/ window level. I couldn't stand it any more so I thought why not, I have spent over a grand on wire amps speakers and box building materials, time to deaden. I have noticed a difference in road noise especially coming from traffic. I have also noticed a huge improvement in woofer response in my doors which I am extremely happy about. 

The only problem/ let down is that I now notice noise entering the vehicle from other sources ie floor firewall. I never noticed how loud that noise was because my doors were so bad. Now it is kind of forcing me to finish the entire car. should only be another $150 or so, I need to get with Don to help me work out a materials list, but I will get it done eventually. Overall it was a great decision and has definitely improved sq.

I am pleased with the results. I am in a 96 Honda so Power strokes and other trucks are right at door/ window level. I couldn't stand it any more so I thought why not, I have spent over a grand on wire amps speakers and box building materials, time to deaden. I have noticed a difference in road noise especially coming from traffic. I have also noticed a huge improvement in woofer response in my doors which I am extremely happy about. 

The only problem/ let down is that I now notice noise entering the vehicle from other sources ie floor firewall. I never noticed how loud that noise was because my doors were so bad. Now it is kind of forcing me to finish the entire car. should only be another $150 or so, I need to get with Don to help me work out a materials list, but I will get it done eventually. Overall it was a great decision and has definitely improved sq.

I know what you mean.... just treating the doors with CLD now I know I have air leaks in the weather strips and road noise in the floors and roof.... FML