tsealsut2010

good pair of components

im looking for a good pair of components for an SQ install 6.5" for around $200 shipped, going at around 65w at 4 ohms or 180 at 4 ohm. do yall have any suggestions? and if so where to purchase them as well, im going 2 be playing them with a US Amps merlin md-41 amp.

My Memphis Sync 6's were a little over $200 shipped...only possible complaint with them would be the stock metal tweets, but Memphis sells a silk retrofit kit for 'em, and EQing tames the harshness quite a bit.

Memphis or Boston would be my recommendations :)

Or go active with a DIY setup...muhahaha

dont get RE's...they fall apart in a year

Even though I dont have my 2 pair eq'ed out yet, the Orion p6.2's are damn good for the money,

heck, my orion mid is larger than my funky pup 8

thanks yall, ill look into all of that, i have some alphasoniks right now but i dont think theyre gunna b as good as i want them to be. whenever i finish my install though I AM A post it up on here and ill see wut yall think. im makin kicks to put em in. either that or a custom door panel.

thanks yall, ill look into all of that, i have some alphasoniks right now but i dont think theyre gunna b as good as i want them to be.  whenever i finish my install though ima post it up on here and ill see wut yall think. im makin kicks to put em in. either that or a custom door panel.

I hope you know that we demand pix of work or we get cranky :D

Sweet!

The P6.2s would be my pic. I think they're $150 at Onlinecarstereo.com still...I know the 8004 is still on sale for about $250 too...I installed P6.2s in that impala I just did and they sound really nice with the 8004 pushing them.

i really like the mb quartz rce216 6.5". don't think any one can beat the sq. plus you don't need to push full rms to get them to play at extremely high levels. i have 4 sets(pairs) in my f-150 being pushed 85 watts to each set. find them on ebay brand new for about $150 shipped.

i second the memphis syncs, or if you can get them, the sq's. the silk tweeters with the sq's are just awesome.

teh rainbow's are a great suggestion, as are the cdt's.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: