how do the soundqubed amps perform quality wise? I'm thinking of buying one but need some feedback.

They're cheap amps. Not cheap as in no good, but definatelly no SQ by no stretch of any imagination. I say this on MY experience witht the aq1200. Would I buy again, sure, for the price its not too bad.

By quality, what do you mean? Sound, build, what?

just like on daily use. when you had this amp it sounded bad/

It won't sound bad if set correctly. It is a good "budget" amp.

something comparable to hifonics .. ?

something comparable to hifonics .. ?

No, I would put it above hifonics.

No, not bad at all, like I said, I would buy again if the situation called for. Its a great budget amp. But I'm comparing it to what I've heard thus far, which in its defense, isn't really fair :P I've seen them smoke a few subs, and it was easy for me to clip in my application at the time. But all of this is user related. As Ricki said, if set up properly, it will work fine for as long as you have it. But when you do things like, run low voltage, or low ohm load, or try to push a 3000 sub with a 1200 watt amp, then things are not as good for that application, if that makes sense.

I have a 1200d powering a 12'' gcon wired to 4ohms and it does just fine. For the money I have been very happy. I gives me everything I ask of it and never complains. 

And in 10 years the value of it will be zero. Depends on what you really define as cost of ownership. Personally I am absolutely not into things like it, but I weigh my costs as purchase price - selling price and yes, I never keep anything forever.

In reality they are not SQ quality no(no mono amp is). However, when compared to any other amp that is currently Korean built (Sundown, Crecendo, DC, and many others) they are all very very similar in output power and SQ.

As for the clipping comment, that is 100% user error with improper settings. (or about anything else he listed that he was doing/trying lol)

If you are purchasing a mono amp and worried about SQ then rethinking your purchase would be my main idea. If you are purchasing it to use daily for a sub stage then you are just fine.

With all that said, I judged an SQ car over the weekend...it had AQ amps (I didn't know till after I judged it). I have to say, it was not just very impressive it was astonishing and scored amazingly well. They did take first in their class.

Edited by pro-rabbit

And in 10 years the value of it will be zero. Depends on what you really define as cost of ownership. Personally I am absolutely not into things like it, but I weigh my costs as purchase price - selling price and yes, I never keep anything forever.

With this idea, you shouldn't be purchase audio in all honesty. Just about 99% of all brands out right now will have such a loss in value in a 10 year time that it wouldn't be worth purchasing if that is your end goal. Perhaps a car our a house would be a better purchase from that mind set.

With this idea, you shouldn't be purchase audio in all honesty. Just about 99% of all brands out right now will have such a loss in value in a 10 year time that it wouldn't be worth purchasing if that is your end goal. Perhaps a car our a house would be a better purchase from that mind set.

You missed the point completely. He is looking at budget. To me that is over time. Buying cheap now and throwing it away later is more expensive than buying nicer now and selling for something later. Same argument for buying a used car versus taking the 20% hit for driving it off the lot.

I just view audio different I guess.

On the sub side, what benefit does he really get from paying more for an amplifier with the same or similar power and features?

It's not like if you buy an AQ today it will be absolutely nothing in the future. Take the 3500 for example. They have been around for a few years and the used price is the same now as it was when then were first released and will likely stay the same. The 1200, 750, or even 2200 are no exception.

Since when new models come out and the price goes up on those, the old models pretty much stay the same on the used market. So actually now that I am thinking about it, Audio may be better to invest in the cars. (baring older rare cars of course) Simply because the new and used pricing is a known value with little alteration over the years.

However, after about 6-7 years, for amplifiers, the value may drop a bit more because of dated technology or lack of drive for that exact product do to newer models. However, this applies to anything we can "purchase".

However, after about 6-7 years, for amplifiers, the value may drop a bit more because of dated technology or lack of drive for that exact product do to newer models. However, this applies to anything we can "purchase".

Outside of the processors I am using (minidsp = cheap) nearly everything in my audio closet/vehicles is over 7 years old. Much of it way older. One other exception are the amplifiers on my boat as I expect the condensation cycles to destroy it so even if they were quality they'd depreciate to nothing so they are newer low cost pieces.

If you want budget that is the cure.

I have a massive "OS" collection(90's amps mainly), but I can tell you that they have lost nearly 30-40% value over the past 5 or so years simply do to the growing "cheap" market of product. It is sad to see this happen, but it is more based on our way of living and mind set here in the states.

I used a aq2200d to power two fully loaded Fi SSD 15" subs.

I could run it full volume for hours at a time and it never got more then warm to the touch.

Also I was able to hit a 148.8 on a term lab meter. Give them good electrical and they will run for years to come.

I have a massive "OS" collection(90's amps mainly), but I can tell you that they have lost nearly 30-40% value over the past 5 or so years simply do to the growing "cheap" market of product. It is sad to see this happen, but it is more based on our way of living and mind set here in the states.

Good time to buy them then. Don't collect, use. smile.png

it sounds like a pretty decent amp.

In reality they are not SQ quality no(no mono amp is).

Pretty sure Buwalda's competition G35 is using a half-dozen JL Audio HD750/1 to power the entire system ;)

In reality they are not SQ quality no(no mono amp is).

Pretty sure Buwalda's competition G35 is using a half-dozen JL Audio HD750/1 to power the entire system wink.png

Knowing how to use a product correctly and how to go around it's short comings does not make it an SQ product though.  It goes back to the sub stage as a whole.... nothing about the product it self is really all that much SQ..more about how it is used and setup.

So what exactly makes a mono amp "not SQ", and what shortcomings of the HD750/1 did Scott have to overcome?

No, not bad at all, like I said, I would buy again if the situation called for. Its a great budget amp. But I'm comparing it to what I've heard thus far, which in its defense, isn't really fair tongue.png I've seen them smoke a few subs, and it was easy for me to clip in my application at the time. But all of this is user related. As Ricki said, if set up properly, it will work fine for as long as you have it. But when you do things like, run low voltage, or low ohm load, or try to push a 3000 sub with a 1200 watt amp, then things are not as good for that application, if that makes sense.

In reality they are not SQ quality no(no mono amp is). However, when compared to any other amp that is currently Korean built (Sundown, Crecendo, DC, and many others) they are all very very similar in output power and SQ.

As for the clipping comment, that is 100% user error with improper settings. (or about anything else he listed that he was doing/trying lol)

If you are purchasing a mono amp and worried about SQ then rethinking your purchase would be my main idea. If you are purchasing it to use daily for a sub stage then you are just fine.

With all that said, I judged an SQ car over the weekend...it had AQ amps (I didn't know till after I judged it). I have to say, it was not just very impressive it was astonishing and scored amazingly well. They did take first in their class.

jon.gif

haha that red dude looks funny. sorry for asking so much about amps but has anyone tried the audiopipe apk series. they look similar to Korean boards

haha that red dude looks funny. sorry for asking so much about amps but has anyone tried the audiopipe apk series. they look similar to Korean boards

They are all about the same man, they are all sister brands, just pick your brand and role with it bro.