soundqubed amps

JL Audio HD750/1

Major build quality difference for this amplifier comparison.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but Not all Class D amplifiers are "full range" like that JL Audio product. Especially anything built similar to Soundqubed amplifiers. I'm thinking that the average class D mono block sub bass amplifier's frequency response only goes up to something like 200 htz ...

Besides ... Scott is the Founder and CEO of Hybrid Audio Technologies, so you can't really compare any private or customer owned vehicle to his competition or demo vehicles ... Not to mention Scott's AMAZING installation work and HOURS of testing and tuning in the G35.

We were parked side by side at SBN this year. I had ALOT of listening time in that car.

Edited by Cablguy184

soundqubed amps

>JL Audio HD750/1

I had ALOT of listening time in that car.

Thoughts? I'm sure that it is nothing short of amazing.

The only way to TRUELY describe it is to sit in it and listen to it for yourself ... Absolutely breathtaking !!!

Stage, Image, Dynamics, Headroom, Attention to placement and details ... Set in Stone !!! And the multiple 6.5" sub stage will simply blow your mind ...

The only way to TRUELY describe it is to sit in it and listen to it for yourself ... Absolutely breathtaking !!!

Stage, Image, Dynamics, Headroom, Attention to placement and details ... Set in Stone !!! And the multiple 6.5" sub stage will simply blow your mind ...

Very cool! I wish I could get a chance to hear that thing.

I'm sure he (alnog with just about every other SQ machine in the US) will be here ...

2013%20Finals%20PR.jpg

Edited by Cablguy184

Audioque, Crescendo, Sundown are all good brands. Pick your color scheme and roll with it. Find one used and save even more bucks, buy yourself a milkshake.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but Not all Class D amplifiers are "full range" like that JL Audio product. Especially anything built similar to Soundqubed amplifiers. I'm thinking that the average class D mono block sub bass amplifier's frequency response only goes up to something like 200 htz ...

There are a ton of full range class D. I run some in my boat. They sound amazingly like an amp. ie, just as good as LP or any other amp.

Besides ... Scott is the Founder and CEO of Hybrid Audio Technologies, so you can't really compare any private or customer owned vehicle to his competition or demo vehicles ... Not to mention Scott's AMAZING installation work and HOURS of testing and tuning in the G35.

We were parked side by side at SBN this year. I had ALOT of listening time in that car.

Scott's install skills are obviously not in question, but his drivers are overpriced turds. At a lower price I wouldn't call them that, but bang for the buck is WAY off the logical scale. Terrible investment. Classic case of selling something at a high price because of who you are. Good for him, but I'm not interested in any of them. Reminds me of a few other brands.

There are a ton of full range class D. I run some in my boat. They sound amazingly like an amp. ie, just as good as LP or any other amp.

Scott's install skills are obviously not in question, but his drivers are overpriced turds. At a lower price I wouldn't call them that, but bang for the buck is WAY off the logical scale. Terrible investment. Classic case of selling something at a high price because of who you are. Good for him, but I'm not interested in any of them. Reminds me of a few other brands.

all of which is a matter of your opinion ...

LOL

All I was saying Sean was that there is a big difference between the topic amplifiers (one that I quoted from the first post in this thread) and the class d full range that Brad spoke of ... one will go completely fullrange and the other will go no higher than 200 htz. While I was reading the first page of this topic, I was understanding that the discussion was on Class D amplifiers for Sub Bass only ... Not full range Class D amplifiers. Please forgive me if I was wrong on this understanding ...

I never spoke bad about any product or person in this topic ... And I'm not sure why you brought LP up considering they do not make any class D amplifiers, or why you would talk bad about Scott's company (or a few other brands as you say) and products (drivers) when they have no relation to this topic what so ever ???

Edited by ///M5

So to sum up, they are good amps, not the best but good.  The best amps would be the ones relative to install.  Equipment is half the battle.  Install is more important.  My philosophy: Rock on no matter what you got!!!    

soundqubed amps

>>>>>>>JL Audio HD750/1

That's fine, and I would also agree.  I wasn't comparing the amplifiers themselves.  So it's completely irrelevant to my comment.  Hence the reason I specifically narrowed my quote down to only the sentence regarding no mono amp being "SQ", whateverinthefuck that even means.

I would have eliminated everything of the sentence I quoted so the quote box only showed the "no mono amp is" statement, but I always fuck up the quote boxes when I try take out the first sentence ever since the latest forum update.....so I just left the entire sentence. 

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but Not all Class D amplifiers are

"full range" like that JL Audio product.

They are not, but they are becoming increasingly more common and there are probably a couple dozen full range class D's on the market.  But then again, my comment had absolutely nothing to do with amplifier class and a mono amp is not inherently class D.  It had to do with single channel mono amps not being "SQ".  A mono amp by definition is a single channel, but not necessarily class D (though I wouldn't exclude the full range class D's for this discussion, nor the bandwidth limited class D amps when used within their intended bandwidth).  Mono amps can be class A, class A/B, class GH, etc in addition to class D.

I'm thinking that the average class D mono block sub bass amplifier's frequency response only goes up to something like 200 htz ...

Again, completely irrelevant to my comment.  I was specifically commenting on the "no mono amp is SQ" statement.  Though being a class D mono channel amplifier designed and intended for subwoofer only duty again does not inherently make an amplifier "non-SQ".  Matter of fact I'm not sure what makes the Soundqubed amplifier "non-SQ" when used within it's intended purpose.  Is the frequency response not flat over the intended bandwidth?  Is the distortion beyond audible limits?  Is the noise within audible limits? 

Besides ... Scott is the Founder and CEO of Hybrid Audio Technologies, so you can't really compare any private or customer owned vehicle to his competition or demo vehicles

It was a singular example, useful primarily because of Scott's competition record with that particular vehicle, his prominent competition history and his ownership of a brand which markets itself solely as an "SQ" oriented business.  If mono amps are not "SQ", then someone such as Scott Buwalda would not have chosen to exclusively run mono amps (a half-dozen of them, no less) in his competition vehicle designed to demonstrate the "SQ" of his own products.  That said, it's certainly not the only example of an mono amp being used in an "SQ" capacity.  And we aren't talking about creating an entire system comparable to Scott's G35, simply whether or not a mono amp (not just Soundqubed, but any mono amp) is to be considered "SQ".  There's no reason we can't compare that particular aspect.    

... Not to mention Scott's AMAZING installation work and HOURS of testing and tuning in the G35.

Absolutely no doubt he has hundreds if not thousands of hours into the vehicle.  However that has nothing to do with anything relevant to the conversation.

There are a ton of full range class D. I run some in my boat. They sound amazing like an amp. ie, just as good as LP or any other amp.

LOL

All I was saying Sean was that there is a big difference between the topic amplifiers (one that I quoted from the first post in this thread) and the class d full range that Brad spoke of ... one will go completely fullrange and the other will go no higher than 200 htz. While I was reading the first page of this topic, I was understanding that the discussion was on Class D amplifiers for Sub Bass only ... Not full range Class D amplifiers. Please forgive me if I was wrong on this understanding ...

That isn't pertinent at all to the discussion. Who cares if one amp only plays to a few hundred Hz. There are a ton that go beyond.

I never spoke bad about any product or person in this topic ... And I'm not sure why you brought LP up considering they do not make any class D amplifiers, or why you would talk bad about Scott's company (or a few other brands as you say) and products (drivers) when they have no relation to this topic what so ever ???

Not sure why you didn't understand the gist of my response as it was rather clear. An amp sounds like an amp. Class D, Class A/B, doesn't matter. I made the response specific to you since you run LP, might as well be JL Full Range Class D or whatever. One other clarification, I didn't talk bad about Scott's company, but the price performance of his drivers. If you read it again you'll see I praised him.

Crap. I screwed up the quoting above and then tried to fix it and edited and changed your post Randal. Since I had it in mine I restored it. I think I did it exactly how it was. Sorry.

Crap. I screwed up the quoting above and then tried to fix it and edited and changed your post Randal. Since I had it in mine I restored it. I think I did it exactly how it was. Sorry.

Its cool guys !!! I was just making fun conversation. Sounds like you guys have this thread under control.

I have to get back to work for next weekend in Florence, Al.

Thanks guys !!!