MikeMartel

F150 - JL Audio Build

A little build we are doing at the shop, decided to take some pictures so here it goes.  

JL Clean sweep

Two sets of JL C5 6.5" Coaxial Speakers

JL HD 600/4

JL HD 1200/1

Two 10" JL W6v3

Here are a couple pictures of how the doors are looking, (I know about the deadner, We dont need that much but the customer already bought it before hand, and wanted me to use it all. Apart from that, any input is welcome, being an installer Im always looking to improve my work.  

Baffles are made from 1/2" mdf.

IMG_0655_zpsab51b80c.jpg

IMG_0656_zpsf41c31d9.jpg

IMG_0657_zpse29a89b4.jpg

IMG_0659_zps78772c40.jpg

IMG_0660_zps8d2b9fac.jpg

More photos to come within the next few days.

Thanks :).  Gotta have this baby done by the end of saturday.. Still lots of work to do

How do you like those JL Coaxials?

Nice equipment!

i'd get those xovers off the doors. Didn't it say that in the manual?

Nice equipment!

Ill read the manual tomorrow.. lol.  Iv always installed xovers in the door just for ease and how much quicker it is, but if its not suggested then I guess I should change my gameplan.

Nice equipment!

Ill read the manual tomorrow.. lol.  Iv always installed xovers in the door just for ease and how much quicker it is, but if its not suggested then I guess I should change my gameplan.

Nice equipment!

Page 4 in bold letters "DO NOT INSTALL THEM INSIDE OF A DOOR".

I'd keep everything you can out of the door. Terrible place for any electronics.

The deadening faux pas isn't as bad as adding rears wink.png Some MLV would go a long way in helping too.

Nice equipment!

Nice equipment!

Page 4 in bold letters "DO NOT INSTALL THEM INSIDE OF A DOOR".

I'd keep everything you can out of the door. Terrible place for any electronics.

The deadening faux pas isn't as bad as adding rears wink.png Some MLV would go a long way in helping too.

At least its not actually on the inside of the door itself where condensation and such builds easily.

Not my fault man!  Would have been doing things differently if I ran the shop.. Boss rules over me though.

I guess Ill start to install cross overs in the kick panels / B pillars, that sort of thing.  Biggest pain in the ass with these vehicles are the connectors in in the door grommets, makes wires a lot harder to run. 

Not my fault man!  Would have been doing things differently if I ran the shop.. Boss rules over me though.

I guess Ill start to install cross overs in the kick panels / B pillars, that sort of thing.  Biggest pain in the ass with these vehicles are the connectors in in the door grommets, makes wires a lot harder to run. 

An easy solution to that is to use four conductor wire. You can buy 18 gauge four conductor at lowes. If the xovers are mounted in the kick panel area this will work well.

CAPC10.jpg

Sure if you need 100' of it. 

No way in hell that's gonna fit in a molex plug

You use the factory speaker wire for the mid and either drill out two empty holes in the plug and use primary wire for the tweeter or break one of the tabs that hold the plug in the jam and run the wire there and epoxy the plug back into the jam.

Sure if you need 100' of it.

Um, it is at a shop. 100' will go REALLY quick. I'd step up to the bigger rolls.