dragon123443

aero port question

do aero ports have to be straight or can they have an elbow somewhere in between .. also when designing a box with an aeroport does it need 90 on the edges ?

you can use elbows.... 90 degrees can work but I don't know how they affect port/air velocity.

Oh really? Does it still sound good though?

Like I said, unfortunately I don't know if it does affect it or change the sound at all... I have no experience with it.. I just know you could use elbows with aero ports

Like I said, unfortunately I don't know if it does affect it or change the sound at all... I have no experience with it.. I just know you could use elbows with aero ports

you can use elbows.... 90 degrees can work but I don't know how they affect port/air velocity.

Doesn't he mean the box being 90 degrees on the edges.?

if he does then it should matter as long as there is the right amount of airspace in the box.

Just trying to clarify, might be taking it wrong.

do aero ports have to be straight or can they have an elbow somewhere in between .. also when designing a box with an aeroport does it need 90 on the edges ?

90 on the edges? or you ment 45's in the corners?

Once you have the correct air space you will be fine, you can turn the port however you want, just make sure you have the correct length for required tuning and keep the port entrance away fron the sub.

my bad you guys. I did mean 45 on the edges just like how the slot enclosures have them and the aero port I see that most of them are straight I never seen a box with one that has an elbow. they usually just stick out if the box wich doesn't look good at all

I have been told to try to stay away from elbows on aero ports. You can get port noise.

I believe elbows are used commonly with aero ports; its not always easy to fit them into a box without them.  I think if you have enough port area it should not be a problem.

I'm currently using a box with (2) 3" aeros with elbows and I have no port noise even with the ports being about a foot behind my driver seat.  I also have just barely above the minimum recommended port area for aero ports of 7 square inches per cubit foot.

Yes, it would be better to not have to use elbows but if you have enough port area you should not have to worry about port noise.

Edited by 40oz

what exactly is port noise?

They are tons of info on this online, google is your friend mann.

Edited by StreetLegal