llplayboypep

setup help

I have to obsidian 15's an two directed 750 amps wit a box tuned to dont know how many hertz. But it has a big.port. In a 93 honda civic dx. Gettin ready to upgrade the.amps. What should i go.with. The subs pushing 1000 to 1500 rms. A pioneer head unit premeir

Don't upgrade amps.

Upgrade the box first !

^^Exactly. Adding more power is the worse way to get louder. Build a newer box or try and face the box a different way first.

The box is tuned to 31hz.. i have each speaker on its on amp. Or should i switch one to slave. half the box is in.the car n the other half is in the trunk trunk. The port is 5" wide n 1'11" length

Edited by llplayboypep

Post some pics.

You can leave the subs on each amp if you'd like. No really need to make one slave.

Ok so how can.would i have to drop the speakers to 1 ohm or .5

You can't change the final ohm load from 1 to .5 ohm. I'm assuming you have a d2 sub on each amp wire to 1 ohm? If you wire the subs together you can get 2 ohms (if they are d2) and when strapping the amps both being ran at 1 ohm they will accept 2 ohms as the final ohm load.

ok cause i wanted to run the speakers to 1 ohm. to get them to really flex would i do better usin 4g wires to hook them up inside the box  

I use 10 ga with my Zcon so 12 would be fine for you to use as wire from amp to subs.

By flex you mean excursion of the sub?

Post some pics.

You can leave the subs on each amp if you'd like. No really need to make one s

Post some pics.

You can leave the subs on each amp if you'd like. No really need to make one slave.

If you do strap them then you have to go to 2 ohms.

yes the excursion of the sub.  cause i have 4gauge wires to run the subs together n bolt down on the inside of box an outside so i can run wires to the amps outside. im tryin to upload the pics so you can see 

4 ga for wiring up the subs is a little excessive. You will be fine with 12ga

i have 6g instead of 4g to wire the subs up instead. to each other and 12 for the amp to speakers

I've always thought that going overboard was excessive in most cases when it comes to sub wiring. Huge wires , tiny tensil leads.

No it will not get louder with larger speaker wire.

ok...so  the two 750 directed amps are a good choice for the two obsidian 15s. cause im tryin to get into competitions

I've always thought that going overboard was excessive in most cases when it comes to sub wiring. Huge wires , tiny tensil leads.

Yea it's stupid. My friend went to a shop to get speaker wire and they said he needs to use 4 ga to wire up his t1 12 to his amp. I showed him my sub with 10 ga wiring and he was like wtf

ok...so the two 750 directed amps are a good choice for the two obsidian 15s. cause im tryin to get into competitions

That's a whole different can of worms.

yea its the start of it. but i want the most out of the speakers with the low db and all. tryin to figure out what amps to look at

yea its the start of it. but i want the most out of the speakers with the low db and all. tryin to figure out what amps to look at

What? What do you mean low db?

deep bass to hit the lows 

Lol ohh well use "deep bass" then because db is refered to as decibals. That's what I thought you were talking about.

So what are you actually wanting to accomplish with this system? I know you said you wanted to compete, but all I'm getting is that you want is louder.

im tryin to get it were its flexing the windows and hit harder than anyone i know

Then with those amps and the subs in the right box should be easy to get pretty loud. Getting louder than anyone you know depends on who you know? Who's system do you want to be louder than?

At this moment it's all in the install/box.

ok the box got alot of air flow..an the person im trying to be louder than has 4 cvrs 2 ohms on two lanzar 2000 watt amps.