ToXicFrOgXx

How does someone run so many subs??

On youtube there are videos of people running an insane amount of subs in their vehicles for spl applications. Like 15 15's or 6 18's and other crazy numbers of subs. How do they have enough space?? An FI BL 15 for example is recommended to need 3-5 cubic feet of space plus port area. If you run 15 of them together thats 45-75 cubic feet of space plus port area... Do SUV's and vans really have that much space?? Or does the fact that there are so many cones moving so much air make them work the way they do without having the recomended amount of space?? Im just curious if anybody knows how so many subs can be run together and do what they do in the space they are put in.

most people run on the small side  of air space, and a SUV or a van walled to the B piller is LOTS of cubic feet. tons and tons.

Like any parameters. "Recommended or optimal" air space is worthless without explaining why or for what reason or application it is optimal for.

If you build up to the b pillar yes there is a lot of space. Of course every vehicle is different.

My land cruiser has right at 120 cu ft gross double layer 3/4

Some of them are likely skimming on the shy side in terms of air space.

Im just curious if anybody knows how so many subs can be run together and do what they do in the space they are put in.

I once had the pleasure of sitting in a Bread Truck with 144 Polk Audio DB12s ...

Absolutely breath taking !!! Literally ...

i heard there is a shuttle bus with like 38 12's or 15's

i heard there is a shuttle bus with like 38 12's or 15's

There is also a shuttle bus with 30 18's not sure if thats the one your talking about.

Probable is I was told about it yesturday at the db drag

Yea.. the guy who's doing it has absolutely no clue on how to design\build for car audio.

Do some research on this bus because with 30 18s and 1 6kw amp, the bus still can't break a 148db yet.

Those who do compete or for fun have about 5% of that equipment and can do sustainable equivalent scores.

This goes to show it pays off on learning and knowing how to do proper installations in a vehicle.

Those who do compete or for fun have about 5% of that equipment and can do sustainable equivalent scores.

I agree !!! Most BIG multiple driver setups are for Show / Event and demo products only ... and some just strictly personal builds. Most of these vehicles are never put on a meter for competition ...