Sign in to follow this  
DieseLife

Howdy From Lubbock

Happened to stumble across this board in my search for a set of subs and an amp for my pickup. Got my truck runnin at 700hp but it has no bass! Cant be having that...

I plan to build a fiberglass sealed box under the rear seat of my 2003 4 door dodge 2500. It should net me at least 1.75ft3, so most likely looking at .75ft3+ per sub box. Being in my twenties i listen to rock, rap, hip hop, country, classic rock. Im just looking for decently hard hitting bass when i want to crank it up. Not looking for top of the line sound/equipment that will cost an arm and a leg. Looking to spend no more than $300 or so on two 10's, plus an affordable amp that will push the subs to their full.

Ive been to pretty much every shop here in Lubbock, the one place willing to walk me thoroughly through everything they do and sell was highly suggesting the new Kicker Comp R subs, said they have built many tight quarter setups using these new subs and they sounded awesome.

Like i said i dont have much audio brand knowledge, so any help or suggestions in the meantime ategreatly appreciated! Thanks

Welcome aboard!!! There are a lot of good guys here. 700hp, any pics of that truck?

Not any good pics yet. Ive been working on cosmetic mods lately having things done up in hydrographics. Built the twins myself, it was fun but a PITA lol

20121201_085853.jpg

62/475 twins mockup

20130223_170955.jpg

Big boy settled in his home

20130305_170343.jpg

Twin piping install

20130312_180640.jpg

Edited by DieseLife

Welcome to the forum bro. I was stationed out at Cannon for the past 5 years. Lol Lubbock was the only place we could go for a real city. It's a nice place, minus the college kids I guess unless you're into that.

damn dude nice truck!!!

Welcome! Wow am I jealous!!!! That is one sexy truck :D

Welcome

Welcome to SSA, nice TT! ;)