Shogen

Window shopping...

(literally a browser window)

So I was looking at amps as I always do... I just love fcking looking at them.... pricing out what I like and then starting all over again...

Recently went to woofersetc and found this company 'Wet Sounds' The pricing is around the same ball park of ZED Audio... These are "marine" products apparently but they look pretty nice. Anyone ever heard of them before? They pretty much make everything.. A $700 subwoofer is available too... GEEZ!!!

Lol their prices are retarded $400 for 50 ft of 0 gauge? A $1000 dual amp kit?

Just from a glance I see nothing special performance wise about the subwoofer to justify the $700 price tag, unless there's some special motor tech they aren't talking about.  I did read however in the manual that the spider is rubber, claiming the cloth spiders on a normal subwoofer will "deteriorate".  Now I'm not much into marine audio, but I can't imagine why a piece of cloth would deteriorate over time in the environment anymore than it would in any other.  And I don't know enough about materials to say one is better than the other from an acoustics standpoint, but I've never seen another company using rubber spiders and there are some damned fine acoustic transducer designers out there.  It would appear to me they are selling snake oil and charging exorbitantly for it.

That said they did have a 6 channel full range class D at a reasonable price that would work out well for someone needing that many channels (i.e. 3-way active front stage) for a reasonable price ($550).  But for only a couple hundred more you could go with the Zed Leviathan, so........  

Yea, I saw they mentioned nothing much on tech/specs for any of the subwoofers really... That amplifier reminded me of the Zapco a bit.... which I might add is on some kind of sale recently at woofersetc... lol ... I window shop like a mother fcker !!!! hahahahaha

well not really looking much like it... just somehow thought of it when I was reading the info... I really a ZED or Zapco amp ... I just want something USA made in my stereo ... lol

Edited by Shogen

The manual lists the full set of T/S.  But again, nothing special and excursion is anemic. 

Ex PG guys IIRC. Huge boneriffic following on wakeboard boat sites like the Malibucrew. Unbelievable moronic reasoning too. Absolutely laughable.

Like other boat manufacturers they make HLCD's that are capable of some output. Even more overpriced than there other stuff though.

And yep, nothing special.