going for a simple sq based system with components up front and a single diyma 12" in the rear. Looking at a pair of MC300's (150x2 or 500ish bridged) or a pair of Xterminator Xt1600.2's (125x2 or 600ish bridged). the UsAmps are cheaper but they are the lowend line while the M class is the top of line that they offer. What do you guys think?

ever thought about a single 1600.4? 1 of those are cheaper than 2 1600.2 and will do about the same power

does the 1600.4 have a seperate power supply for each pair of channels?

why the need for seperate power supplies?

i'd mention the mc3004 as flakko mentioned the 1600.4, but i'm curious as too the above.

nothing wrong with either amp, but i'm partial to memphis. though i wouldn't hesitate to own another USAmp product. this is a tossup. are you going to be buying online? not sure about USAmps online policy and warranty, but with memphis, if bought online, there is no warranty. otherwise it's 4 years. just something else to consider.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

from my experience, a 4 channel with seperate power supplies is better if one of the pairs of channels will be on a sub.

the xt1600.2 makes 6-800w bridged according to the specs flakko posted so i'm curious why the 1600.4 only makes 400w when bridged.

Edited by JoeHemi57

from my experience, a 4 channel with seperate power supplies is better if one of the pairs of channels will be on a sub.

the xt1600.2 makes 6-800w bridged according to the specs flakko posted so i'm curious why the 1600.4 only makes 400w when bridged.

well te 1600.4 makes 400*2 thats what i think the specs are which equate to 800 watts around there

XT 1600.4 has two Magnetic torroids on dual power supplies. Moreover, Xterminator catalog had some errors. With a 2 ohm load each channel puts out over 175 watts x 4

1600.2 with a 2 ohm load each channel puts out over 175 watts x 2

Memphis/ Crossfire amplifiers are produced and designed by one of the best Korean factories.

US AMPS is designed by US AMPS, one of the best amplifier companies in the world, with the most competition wins in History. I think you would be surprised how well our XT does against the higher priced Memphis. If you really want to see the difference put the Memphis amp against a US Amp Merlin that is priced dollar for dollar.

Memphis/ Crossfire amplifiers are produced and designed by one of the best Korean factories.

If you really want to see the difference put the Memphis amp against a US Amp Merlin that is priced dollar for dollar.

memphis and crossfire = same amplifiers?

which memphis against the merlin? i'd love to be able to do that. i can get just about any memphis amp i want, so which is compareable?

maybe i'm in the mood to change. i haven't used an US Amp since my us-50. but i've never had an issue with any memphis amp either. i've ran pr's to the mclass and had nothing but good power and good luck with them. yet i know the quality of US, so this is an interesting subject.

can't wait to read more!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It will be quite a while before JR come back online again haha hes on like once a month... ill try to find out for ya :bigok:

biased maybe, but at least they are biased towards something that's worth being biased towards.....

flakko, what are typical merlin specs?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

me? biased? not one bit.

lol

hmm still. i'd go with a us amp over a memphis. memphis is a powerbass company.. powerbass saves the best for their line up.. thats my logic, if your bent on memphis, ebay urself a powerbass amp instead. i think you'll be better off, and from what i hear the powerbass amps are pretty impressive. :woot:

what do you mean by "typical" ??

i dunno..lol...

what memphis amp is compareable?

and nate...

maybe powerbass does, i dunno. i honestly didn't know memphis wasn't anything more then just memphis. i will say this, i have yet to see a memphis amp not do what it's supposed to do. i know of a 4000d running at .5ohm daily, several 1500d's running at 1 ohm and even a 1000d running at .5 ohm. it's the only one to pop a fuse or two and that's because the car it's in can't keep up the voltage and the owner refuses to do anything about it.

i know of one competitior who is unhappy with his 4000d's. while they do their power, they have blown up on him randomly. he thinks it is in the amps, while everyone else thinks it's him. i mean it's one of his old amps that is running at .5 daily.

IMO, a person wouldn't be hurt by running either the US or memphis products. both are quality. and i know this about memphis, if you can blow it, they'll replace it.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

cardomain has the 25 to life Punch 75's for $250 each right now, thats cheaper than the memphis and more power than the us or memphis. they average about 170x2 or 680x1 and they are built in the U.S.

Edited by JoeHemi57

thats a much better price than before, would be a sweet choice

The only problem is they are 2ohm rated....the memphis and Us Amps are 1ohm rated

The only problem is they are 2ohm rated....the memphis and Us Amps are 1ohm rated

i'll be running at 4ohm to a comp set and bridged @4ohm to a single sub so thats not really an issue.