I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the newer version audiopipe amps. I've used the ap1500's before and they performed well. Usually recommend them for friends. I can't seem to find them anymore. All I see is 'APCL' and 'APSM' series. Looking for a decent ~1000-1500@1 ohm amp for my cousin on a budget.

I have used the apsm's in the past without any issues. I like my ppi bk amps very much and they are fairly cheap.

I lost faith in ppi after the chrome power class amps. (Still have one). But I do hear decent reviews on them. Ill give them a look

Owned & installed just about every AP series mono they have. Just installed an APCL-3000D a few months ago for my cousin. Haven't really noticed a difference performance wise compared to the old AP 3000 he replaced it with. Don't think they changed anything internally but physically looks better and now has ventilation on the bottom which the AP series didn't have.

IMG_20130427_092332_651.jpg

CAM00045_2.jpg

Edited by A.SMALL

That's a long amp...

Owned & installed just about every AP series mono they have. Just installed an APCL-3000D a few months ago for my cousin. Haven't really noticed a difference performance wise compared to the old AP 3000 he replaced it with. Don't think they changed anything internally but physically looks better and now has ventilation on the bottom which the AP series didn't have.

IMG_20130427_092332_651.jpg

CAM00045_2.jpg

Thanks! I think they look a little better too. Ill run it by my cousin. He's just going to push 2 sa12s.

Ironically after I said I hadn't had any problems my buddy installed an apsm 1500 yesterday and within minutes there was magical smoke. It was not user error, or an install issue.

Saw several in use yesterday and they were working great. I am sure they do have their fair share of products that fail as that is the nature of production.

The first Audiopipe amp I bought back in 09 was basically DOA. And I was pissed lol. Got it warrantied through VM and had a new amp at my door 2-3 days later. 8 amps later and haven't had a DOA or one to fail during regular use. That's using the AP/APCL line though. I agree with Nem. When dealing with high volume manufacturing you're bound to get a turd every now and then but that's what the warranties are for.

they are under rated unless you are running 16 V.  check out clampiang results on youtube 

If Audiopipe is what you decide on I'd recommend the AP/APCL series over the apsm. In reference to them being over/underrated, whether the 1500 does 1100 or 1500 watts the difference isn't drastic enough to notice. Plenty of power for a pair of SA's.

they are under rated unless you are running 16 V.  check out clampiang results on youtube 

clamp tests don't show shit. Under or over won't be audible as well. Still not interested in the brand though

Not my cup of tea, way better options out there. Had an AP APSM amp and didn't care for it, just my personal preference.

Thanks guys. Not my cup of tea either, I've used them and they did fine but I can afford something better for my vehicles. My little cousin doesn't have a lot of money to be throwing into his system. Ill gather up a few different options for him and let him roll the dice.

What's the budget?

Not for certain but I think he's under $250

I got my cadence for that price off woofersetc.com, its been great to me.

A "soundquebed" 1200 might be another good option but slightly over budget.