PHATBOi

PHATBOi's Sundown X12 Build

Yeah, had a show Sat too. Could have slapped some CA on there and resoldered the tinsel, but I plan on having the sub a long time and didn't want to do anything to jeopardize the warranty. This way I know it will be fixed right. There will be more shows. This is the most I've ever spent on a single sub and I want to protect my investment.

Just dropped the X off at FedEx. My girl got called into work early, so I had to take that big bish on the damn bus, lol. Twas fun to say the least.

Sucks about the sub man!  Hope it is back in your hands quickly.

I think it will be. I know Jacob will do it right.

Temporary bump till the X12 gets back home. Thanks Pedro!

CAM00532_zps5d622f02.jpg

CAM00533_zps4c935ce6.jpg

CAM00535_zpsddf6dcde.jpg

Just got word from Sundown today, a replacement X12 will be shipped out by tomorrow!

Customer Service at it's finest.

that is awesome,  more companies need to act with the same customer service.

Whoot! No B-stock designation on the box like the other one. Seems they sent me a new A-stock replacement. Sundown just earned a customer for life.

CAM00556_zpse80ba1d1.jpg

CAM00563_zpsca0c90c4.jpg

You can see the difference in the glue joint and the fact that the new one has screws holding the spider down as well as heat shrink on the leads.

CAM00507_zps8db143e9.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi

Can anyone see my pics? They were there when I posted them, but now they are gone.

So weird. If I click Edit and then save, they show up. But as soon as I refresh the page, they are gone again.

I can see them. Glad you got a nice new sub!

Moved the box over so the port is loading off the side of the trunk now.

CAM00567_zps8fe7666f.jpg

good to see they took good care of you.

Yesir! Definitely a satisfied customer.

Pedro came thru and helped me install the fans for my Shark. Now I have a wind tunnel behind my box. These are the fans he gave me all the way back when I had the Crunch GP3K. Didn't get a chance to use them before it blew. Thanks Pedro!

AmpFans_zpse95393d6.jpg

Well, guess this is it for the build log until I get another batt and a better amp. Very happy with the outcome of this build, especially for the price. This is a budget build believe it or not. Around $500.

Took it out and beat on it for about 45 mins, amp is way cooler than it would have been before the fans.

Nice budget build man. I have 2 X 12s on a saz2500 and it gets crazy loud, but surprisingly sounds amazing. The box they're in is for 2 xcons, so the box is small. I'm building another one for them specifically.

Sundown is a great company with excellent customer service.

Edited by Bassink

Nice budget build man. I have 2 X 12s on a saz2500 and it gets crazy loud, but surprisingly sounds amazing. The box they're in is for 2 xcons, so the box is small. I'm building another one for them specifically.

Sundown is a great company with excellent customer service.

Thanks. I am very impressed with the SQ and output. Everyone who has heard it can't believe it's only a singe 12 and on a $100 amp at that.

I'm sure you will gain some bottom end, and maybe even a little output, once you move to the bigger box.

The only thing I would ever give this sub up for is if I had the opportunity to move up to a Zv4. Plan on having this baby for a long time.

Yea that's what I'm thinking. These subs love big boxes!

Pretty much the only subs I will run is SSA and Sundown.

Going to look for a used Sundown 2K at income tax. I want more than a 1500, but don't want to shell out for a 2500, lol.

You won't hear a difference between a 1500 and 2k. So if I were you just get the 1500.