toy2008

new build

I really would just stick with the Havoc if it all possible. 

I wasn't aware new dcon's were coming....

3.4@ 33 then I cut port back so now at 3.8 @ 38 but its louded but don't sound that good. Want to try 5.0 at 30 or 28 hertz.

yes please do! i wouldn't tune so low unless u listen to nothing but chopped up and slowed stuff. they're not enough low frequency content in most music to justify tuning below 30. im sure there are exception. model a few boxes.

Edited by lithium

I spend a lot of time modelling different subs in different size boxes.

But many people say that it does not apply on real world. I use WinISD

the enviroment does change the frequency response of the subwoofer. google cabin gain.

my point about modeling subs at different tuning frequencies was ment to show that tuning too low waste potential output at frequencies that actually appear in music.

A lot of subs will sound great on 1500.  I liked my Q, ZCON, RE XXX v3, RE SX, SSD, and BL all on ~1500

After modeling the dcons in same box I don't think they will have the low end I want. The xcon modeled the best.

That is impossible to know, especially the specs of the new Dcon's have not been released.

Tease alert!

OP-  Sounds like you are on the right track...give the sub room to breath- it may suprise you.  I am running the 1500 that pmureika had, on a 18"xcon....the 1500 has pletty of power. 

You brought up stock electrical, and 80 amp fuse....Have you done the big 3?  Assuming you are running 1/0 wiring?  I ask because I had a cheap scoshe amp kit that was 6 gauge with an 80 amp fuse....and it ran the 1500 for my 4 hr drive home (though I had it backed down a bit, and at 2 ohms) and didn't blow a fuse.LOL  Music doesn't pull near the juice as a turture tone....then you have impedence rise etc....  I am running 1/0 big 3, and power with 150 amp fuse now.  I have the SK1500 to a .5 ohm(D1 in parallel)  And have yet to even get the amp hot.  I don't recommend this, But I only pound my system for short times, then return to 'normal' listening levels.  Point of all this: don't worry too much about the fuse rating...and it you haven't done the big 3...do it.

I just did big 3 last night all 0 awg. And waiting for my xs d2400 from fedx today. I have though about dual 1 wired to .5.

The big 3 does not give you more volts right?

Because I'm still at 14.2

What about two Sundown SA 15s.

No way I had one it was loud but hated the sound of it.

There would be no problem running two at 1 ohm.

Just set your gain properly.

toy2008, on 25 Sept 2013 - 11:35, said:

I just did big 3 last night all 0 awg. And waiting for my xs d2400 from fedx today. I have though about dual 1 wired to .5.

Right it just makes sure you can draw the amps when you need to.

Is that at the amp or the battery?

Edited by pmureika

Nevermind you only have a 1500 watt amp, and the sp4 18 is probably out of your budget

What about two Sundown SA 15s.

No way I had one it was loud but hated the sound of it.

Like the havoc, it was most likely a box issue and not a driver issue.

Nevermind you only have a 1500 watt amp, and the sp4 18 is probably out of your budget 
Have you ever actually ran a SP4 on 1.5kW? Or are you just assuming that since it's rated at 3kW it should get 3kW of power? 
Because that's utter, and complete bullshit. 

toy2008, on 25 Sept 2013 - 11:35, said:

Right it just makes sure you can draw the amps when you need to.

Is that at the amp or the battery?

the xs d2400?  Battery.

toy2008 - Like I said - I am not recommending you run it at .5.  I pay close attention to not overdriving my setup.  My Sub situation is temporary too- plan to pick up a D2 driver for it down the road for a 1 ohm load.

Looks like your electrical is going to be up to snuff.  BTW- My electrical run at 13.7 once the engine/alt warms up to operating temp(14.3 at start up) and with my stock 80 amp Alt, it rarely drops below 13.0.  Looking forward to getting my 175amp alt...should stay pretty steady then.

Edited by Leedogg

I have a bigger problem now my xs battery only lasted 6 hours today now it done.

No it will not "give" you more voltage. What the larger wire does is allow the electrical current flow with less restriction/resistance, allowing you to use the full potential of your supply. Which in turn can help in preventing voltage drop if your total current draw is enough to cause strain on the stock sized wiring/system.

Zcon 18 maybe I just can't make my mind up

should I worry about sub sensitivity in order to get loud.

Ok so I just got a new amp a sundown 2500d. Now I think I should lean towards 2 15s.