toy2008

new build

So I want to do a new build with ssa subs. Current set up is a skar 1500 and a havoc 15 in 3.5 @ 33 hz. It don't not have to be louder than this just looking for some thing different. I have about 8 cubes of space. I'm border line for stock electrical but do have a xs2400 on the way. Goals are daily but I would like a pretty flat response like killing the lows. Maybe 2 15 dcons amp turned down of course or a xcon 18.

currently have a AA havoc? box sounds a bit small. 

new box will improve low end response. no need to spend more cash 

Edited by lithium

I just get the itch for something new havoc box spec are in range but yea on smaller side.

model the sub in the enclosure you have now VS a larger enclosure. guaranteed it will have more low end!  

at the very least, spend the 40 bucks to build a new box and test it out! 

Is it 8 cubic feet total? Or before port?

I think its like 8.60 total my use areos for less port displacement. May even try a sealed setup. Got me thinking about a new box build.

If you are looking to run two woofers, look at the GCONs. Two would be perfect on the 1500

Not sure I'm getting full power out of my amp. I have a 80 amp fuse inline yet to blew it. Watts equalls amp x volts right.

Not sure I'm getting full power out of my amp. I have a 80 amp fuse inline yet to blew it. Watts equalls amp x volts right.

A sk-1500?

That amp will do more then rated power @ 14.4 volts.

A sk-1500?

That amp will do more then rated power @ 14.4 volts.

doesn't matter if it does, you wouldn't able to hear a difference

14.4 volts x 80 amps = 1152 watt and I have a highs amp. I can't pop the fuse. Sub is dual 2 wired to 1 ohm.

14.4 volts x 80 amps = 1152 watt and I have a highs amp. I can't pop the fuse. Sub is dual 2 wired to 1 ohm.

doesn't matter. 1000 vs 1500 watts isn't audible 

How did you determine you were higher than 1152 amps. What was your other sub rated for?

What no you need to do over 1152 watts to pop a 80 amp fuse.

How did you determine you were higher than 1152 amps. What was your other sub rated for?

He said he thought it wouldn't be pulling a full 1500w because the inline 80 amp fuse would have blown at 1152W.

What no you need to do over 1152 watts to pop a 80 amp fuse.

But how high were your gain settings.Plus how did you determine you were at full power?

I used dd-1 on track 5 to set gains 0 gauge run to amp. Let me know if I'm wrong I want learn. That's why I wanted to try dcons because of there sensitivity. Get loud on less power

AWWWWW YYEEEEAAAA ON THAT DD-1!

AWWWWW YYEEEEAAAA ON THAT DD-1!

Good tool or no. Not sure

I used dd-1 on track 5 to set gains 0 gauge run to amp. Let me know if I'm wrong I want learn. That's why I wanted to try dcons because of there sensitivity. Get loud on less power

I am sorry to hear you spent your money on a useless meter. To set gain you should use your ears and nose to adjust it.

+1 For Frosted Flake Jake.

Dcon are back ordered right. Wish I could run three. I would like to just step back a bit on my stock eletric. Then just make it back up with cone area and sensitivity.

I think the dd-1 is a good tool for setting gains. Me and my friends yet to lose a sub. Knock on wood

I think the dd-1 is a good tool for setting gains. Me and my friends yet to lose a sub. Knock on wood 

I've never used one and I've never damaged a woofer. I haven't been around for too long, but still.

You absolutely do not need one. But you already got one so there is no reason to continue down that path. 

I guess if you're trying to decide what subwoofers to run I would look at goals, budget, and space allocation. You vaguely answered goals and referred to your space capacity so that just leaves budget.