pmureika

Remove passive crossover and use adjustable one?

Its there a way you can do that?

To use a different tweeter.

Adjustable?  As in still passive but with the ability to adjust the crossover point?

If so, not without a great degree of difficulty and even then I don't think there would be much range at all.  I'm trying to imagine the circuit design for it at the moment.  I know attenuating circuits are easy and it seems like I've seen plans somewhere that used some very uncommon parts to make an adjustable passive crossover, but that could just be my memory getting it crossed up with another circuit design.  I have seen some passive's that have a switch that physically switches the electrical path through different components to change the crossover point, however I don't look at that as "adjustable" just changeable.  To me "adjustable" would indicate being infinitely adjustable, like a potentiometer.

Going active would be much easier in the control department, though cost more to complete.

Adjustable?  As in still passive but with the ability to adjust the crossover point?

If so, not without a great degree of difficulty and even then I don't think there would be much range at all.  I'm trying to imagine the circuit design for it at the moment.  I know attenuating circuits are easy and it seems like I've seen plans somewhere that used some very uncommon parts to make an adjustable passive crossover, but that could just be my memory getting it crossed up with another circuit design.  I have seen some passive's that have a switch that physically switches the electrical path through different components to change the crossover point, however I don't look at that as "adjustable" just changeable.  To me "adjustable" would indicate being infinitely adjustable, like a potentiometer.

Going active would be much easier in the control department, though cost more to complete.

Could I use a four channel amp.

Two channels for the mids and the other two for the tweeters?

Yes you can, because your amplifier has bandpass crossovers. You can use the crossovers on the amplifier instead of the passive crossovers given.

I almost bought a Linear Power XO1, but too rich for my O/S blood.

And somewhat worthless. The LP stuff is about as overpriced as you can get. Significantly worse util/$ than JL for instance.

I almost bought a Linear Power XO1, but too rich for my O/S blood.

X01 ??

Did you mean a X02, X03, or the X04 ??  

The X01 was the first generation crossover ... and if I'm not mistaken, one of the very first active crossovers ever built ...

And somewhat worthless. The LP stuff is about as overpriced as you can get. Significantly worse util/$ than JL for instance.

Not even worth my time ... Considering it's just your opinion Edited by Cablguy184

Since when has price made something worthless?

Op linear power stuff is great! Don't let 1 "worthless" opinion turn you away.

Since when has price made something worthless?

Op linear power stuff is great! Don't let 1 "worthless" opinion turn you away.

Those were two different thoughts.

1) The X01 is a pointless piece these days, way better ways to skin that cat.

2) LP stuff is WAY overpriced.

I agree with you here ...

The X02 and the X04 works really well ... but the best one is the X03

2) LP stuff is WAY overpriced.

This one, I do not ...

Linear Power is the only brand that hold it's value longer than any other amplifier brand in the world ...

We do not know of any other amplifier product on the car audio market that sells "used" for almost the same prices for when they were sold as new products ... They are VERY well built and work just as good 20+ years later as they do when they were new ...

... And almost all Linear Power products are capable of being repaired and modified with more "up to date" technology ...

I do not know of ANY other product that does this ...

Now please ... End this and help the op with what he needs to get his system set up instead of bashing products ...

Thank you ...

I agree with you here ...

The X02 and the X04 works really well ... but the best one is the X03

>2) LP stuff is WAY overpriced.

This one, I do not ...

Linear Power is the only brand that hold it's value longer than any other amplifier brand in the world ...

We do not know of any other amplifier product on the car audio market that sells "used" for almost the same prices for when they were sold as new products ... They are VERY well built and work just as good 20+ years later as they do when they were new ...

... And almost all Linear Power products are capable of being repaired and modified with more "up to date" technology ...

I do not know of ANY other product that does this ...

Now please ... End this and help the op with what he needs to get his system set up instead of bashing products ...

Thank you ...

No I meant an X01, there was one on the bay for 325. Wasn't going to use it, just add it to the collection.

I disagree about LP amplifiers. I am a fan and while a lot are collecting Orion, Phoenix Gold, and old Alpine, I like to collect LP. I've decided on a 952, 3002, and 8002 to run in the Cadillac. They're all currently being paid off, upgraded, and repaired lol. I would not say they are overpriced, they are expensive. But either way, I'm a fan. Oh and buying used, repairing, and modding a LP amp is not too bad at all. A JL HD 600/4 is 799.99 msrp. I can say I paid considerably less for both amps, repair, internal mods by Jeremy, and hammer finish gold powder coating.

Randal - pull your undies out of a bundle. They are overpriced. Plain and simple. You can't argue that. Relating this to something that was purchased 20 years ago has NOTHING to do with anything today. OP has capability to do what he "needs" in his amplifiers. Starting there and determining what else would then make it better is the best recommendation. Talking about some extra product without a needs determination is just brand boneriffic bullshit.